PDA

View Full Version : 0-5 week seems to be the consensus here

msstate7
03-18-2016, 03:08 PM
If it happens, does this team rebound? Coming off a bad season with a whole lot of young guys, this could quickly snowball.

ShotgunDawg
03-18-2016, 03:18 PM
Pressure will ratchet up for sure, but the 2013 team that almost won the NC, lost two straight to Central Arkansas & then 2 or 3 to LSU the next weekend, yet still found a way.

Baseball is a long season & we have a talented team.

My thoughts are that this team can/will be very good by the time we get to the last month of the season. However, the question is how much damage control can we have to our hosting chances &/or seeding before that time.

Also, as we've seen with the NCAA tournament, isn't seeding and hosting more about who you beat rather than who you lose to?

I think we win at least 1 of 3 this weekend. Vandy isn't quite as good this year as they've been in the past

Coach34
03-18-2016, 03:39 PM
I won't be surprised at all if we win a game or even 2 this weekend. And I won't be surprised if we go 0-3. All I want is Cohen to give us the best possible chance to win

OSCAR
03-18-2016, 04:08 PM
I won't be surprised at all if we win a game or even 2 this weekend. And I won't be surprised if we go 0-3. All I want is Cohen to give us the best possible chance to win

Exactly my feelings.

MSUDawg99
03-18-2016, 05:45 PM
Pressure will ratchet up for sure, but the 2013 team that almost won the NC, lost two straight to Central Arkansas & then 2 or 3 to LSU the next weekend, yet still found a way.

Baseball is a long season & we have a talented team.

My thoughts are that this team can/will be very good by the time we get to the last month of the season. However, the question is how much damage control can we have to our hosting chances &/or seeding before that time.

Also, as we've seen with the NCAA tournament, isn't seeding and hosting more about who you beat rather than who you lose to?

I think we win at least 1 of 3 this weekend. Vandy isn't quite as good this year as they've been in the past

Ok so at the risk of getting totally blasted here...I have a legit question/comment...we've only hosted a regional & super once in the past 13yrs so since that's not the norm for us anyway, why are some folks saying host or he should be gone? Honest question. No sarcasm.

Let me just say that I am not a Cohen fan & don't think he's the man for the job cause a tiger won't change his stripes but I just was curious why folks are using hosting as a measuring stick for a successful season for us.

Coach34
03-20-2016, 07:22 PM

bump...Cohen is like a box of chocolates

Jack Lambert
03-20-2016, 07:25 PM
They were not o-5 but we were 2-3.

msstate7
03-20-2016, 07:27 PM
They were not o-5 but we were 2-3.

Seems we had a pair all along... 0-2 midweek is still tough to swallow though

basedog
03-20-2016, 07:42 PM
Seems we had a pair all along... 0-2 midweek is still tough to swallow though

Man, u must be miserable looking back so much.
Look ahead brother we can't fix yesterday. We had a good weekend, seems this team knows how to get up for the big games.
I'm looking forward to the Georgia series.

msstate7
03-20-2016, 07:46 PM
Look ahead brother we can't fix yesterday. We had a good weekend, seems this team knows how to get up for the big games.

I just know we have a really good team and laying eggs in the midweek will earn us trips to Tallahassee, coral gables, etc. We're good enough to play at home this year and that's the best path to where we wanna be

basedog
03-20-2016, 07:57 PM
I just know we have a really good team and laying eggs in the midweek will earn us trips to Tallahassee, coral gables, etc. We're good enough to play at home this year and that's the best path to where we wanna be

Ok, it's still early, we have shown we want quit, this team will get better. Im sure our players aren't thinking about losses or at least I hope they aren't. If u ever played or Coached u don't look back, especially baseball players. This team seems to have chemistry something ED doesn't have.

Jack Lambert
03-20-2016, 08:55 PM

I have to admit that I get a little piss thinking we should have been 4-1.

msstate7
03-20-2016, 09:00 PM
I have to admit that I get a little piss thinking we should have been 4-1.

It's hard not to... We just won a series at the #2 team in the country and yet we had a 2-3 week bc we didn't take care of business at home

Coach34
03-20-2016, 09:25 PM
It's hard not to... We just won a series at the #2 team in the country and yet we had a 2-3 week bc we didn't take care of business at home

Yep- while its good we won the series- we were still 2-3 this week