PDA

View Full Version : USA Today reports Ole Miss being looked in to by NCAA

CadaverDawg
08-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Not sure if this has been posted already, sorry if it has....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/08/13/ncaa-digs-deeper-investigating-ole-miss-football-recruiting/2649445/

CadaverDawg
08-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Notice in the report where it says "Ole Miss reported that CJ Johnson was cleared of any wrong doing".

Also notice how Freeze wants everybody to give HIM the info. As if he wouldn't keep half of it to himself like he did those emails. What a doofus

messageboardsuperhero
08-13-2013, 08:42 PM
No way. This is a Mississippi State grassroots campaign, started by the fans, and it has no legs.

Nothing to see here.

Coach34
08-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Notice in the report where it says "Ole Miss reported that CJ Johnson was cleared of any wrong doing".

+1

messageboardsuperhero
08-13-2013, 09:06 PM

Yeah, I liked that too. UM could end up eating their words for that one.

When it's all said and done, they may or may not get busted, but NCAA hasn't cleared them of shit yet.

msstate7
08-13-2013, 09:07 PM
One of these big news outlets needs to force OM to release those emails

gravedigger
08-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Gannett. Same as the CL. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade. they are just regurgitating.

Going to take another couple of publicized interviews for this to grow legs. But the real mission was accomplished. CL headlines with NCAA and Ole Miss at the top.

So I'll go ahead and offer the olive leaf. If the investigation is damaging......what say you rebs? want to call a truce then? That's what I thought.

mikeharper1984
08-13-2013, 09:28 PM
As much as I would like to see Freeze get in trouble......I haven't seen or read one single credible piece of evidence that would link them into any wrongdoing. I wish something would surface.....but I honestly don't think it will ever happen. Just like messageboardsuperhero said....it seems to me to be a Miss State grass roots campaign. Ole Miss does it to us......we do the same to them. Thats going to happen in any great rivalry. Alabama does it to Auburn and vice-versa. Also, I doubt Ole Miss really cares that this made USA Today due to the fact that the writer, Hugh Kellenberger, is an Ole Miss beat writer. Really nothing negative was said in this article.

AlmostPositive
08-13-2013, 09:43 PM
"...it seems to me to be a Miss State grass roots campaign."

Somehow I don't think you are all that eager to see Freeze get in trouble.

messageboardsuperhero
08-13-2013, 09:52 PM
I thought I made it pretty clear that I was being sarcastic. If this was a Mississippi State "grassroots" campaign, why would there be USA Today and CBS stories about this? It makes no sense.

thf24
08-13-2013, 09:52 PM
"...it seems to me to be a Miss State grass roots campaign."

Somehow I don't think you are all that eager to see Freeze get in trouble.

Strange how he's only posted on Ole Miss-NCAA related threads so far.

Noxdog
08-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Strange how he's only posted on Ole Miss-NCAA related threads so far.

Either that or you don't know much about MSU history.

I don't know if this is the real Mike Harper or not but to educate the children, Mike was a starting safety in the 80's, mainly under Emory best that I remember.

If it is Mike cut him some slack. If not, carry on, at least you got a history lesson.

Who else from Granada was on that team? Harbin? Who was the other safety? Russel was later.

mikeharper1984
08-13-2013, 10:35 PM
sorry guys this is Mike...I was just being honest......I love the dawgs...but Im not an Ole Miss hater either.

mikeharper1984
08-13-2013, 10:36 PM
and i didn't always start.....I was mostly a special teams guy....just saying....also someone un-ban me from the chat room that was a little busch league if you ask me

hacker
08-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Carry on Mike Harper.

Someone unban this dude.

Noxdog
08-13-2013, 10:51 PM
and i didn't always start.....I was mostly a special teams guy....just saying....also someone un-ban me from the chat room that was a little busch league if you ask me

Who started your senior year? Was Plummer still back there?
Think Kirby was gone, maybe not. Pride of Sturgis. Plummer of Bogalusa. As was Lundie.

mikeharper1984
08-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Yes Plummer was still there. He was way faster than me. His interception won us the game against Tennessee that season. Kirby was gone. Also Plummer's Senior year was my Junior year. I didn't come back to State my senior year....I never graduated.

AlmostPositive
08-13-2013, 11:07 PM
"Ole Piss" but you're not an Ole Miss hater? Okay, if you say so...

mikeharper1984
08-13-2013, 11:10 PM
I said that to be funny.....I don't like Ole Miss but I don't hate them and jump at the bit when shit like this happens

Coach34
08-13-2013, 11:12 PM
Carry on Mike Harper.

Someone unban this dude.

Mike Harper was asked in chat about the great touchdown run "Sleepy Robinson" had vs Tennessee in 85....I'm gonna ban anybody that doesnt know Don Smith was the QB in 1985...I'm sorry, not convinced the real Mike Harper wouldnt remember that- even if he is from Grenada

Saltydog
08-13-2013, 11:15 PM
that ran the 86 yard td against UT in '86......

mikeharper1984
08-13-2013, 11:18 PM
I wasn't even given the chance to reply to that question. I was replying to another question and as soon as I did I was banned. Don Smith was the QB in 86 and Sleepy robinson was also a QB and who could forget that run. Honestly I'm disappointed i got banned.

mikeharper1984
08-14-2013, 07:54 AM
Even if he is from Grenada

Whats Grenada got to do with it Coach34?

Someone told me you don't like Grenada very much haha?

Why don't you inform the rest of the Elite Dawgs as to why you feel this way?

Jack Lambert
08-14-2013, 08:01 AM
Does the Freedom of information act apply to state goverment? Ole Miss is a State run organization.

MitchD24
08-14-2013, 08:28 AM

Nice to see you on the board Mr. Mike haha

Coach34
08-14-2013, 09:31 AM

because I dont like small, redneck towns...there are some good people in all of them- they just arent for me

bocfarm
08-14-2013, 09:33 AM
because I dont like small, redneck towns...there are some good people in all of them- they just arent for me

you don't like starkville?

Coach34
08-14-2013, 09:41 AM
you don't like starkville?

To visit? Yes
To live? No

I would have much rathered State to have been in Jackson

MitchD24
08-14-2013, 09:45 AM
If you think Grenada is a small redneck town then you apparently don't travel around the Mississippi delta very often haha.. Grenada isn't "redneck" by my standards, of course your standards are probably more different than mine.

ghostofjackie
08-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Mike Harper was asked in chat about the great touchdown run "Sleepy Robinson" had vs Tennessee in 85....I'm gonna ban anybody that doesnt know Don Smith was the QB in 1985...I'm sorry, not convinced the real Mike Harper wouldnt remember that- even if he is from Grenada

Wait, so we are banning people now for not regurgitating facts from their college days? Please don't quiz me.

MitchD24
08-14-2013, 10:04 AM
My only question is this and I may be mistaken... But wouldn't mike have been playing quarterback at that time??

Coach34
08-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Wait, so we are banning people now for not regurgitating facts from their college days? Please don't quiz me.

The Mike Harper character here was suspected of being a troll by multiple people. He was supposedly a teammate of Don Smith and was on the team that played at Tennessee in the mid-80's. He was asked about Sleepy's long run vs Tenn to win that game- and agreed.

It is my thinking, and most others, that if it was indeed THE Mike Harper- he would have caught that it was Smith making the run- not Sleepy

sandwolf
08-14-2013, 11:50 AM
Does the Freedom of information act apply to state goverment? Ole Miss is a State run organization.

Yes, it most definitely applies to state government. And someone correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that this is a part of the reason that ole miss outsources their compliance matters to a private entity - that entity is not subject to the FOI Act.

mic
08-14-2013, 11:55 AM
to me it doesn't matter if its the real Mike Harper or not..
Bottom line is that this is NOT a "grass roots" situation that's going on with UM. So Mike Harper or not he is wrong there. And just in my opinion if don't agree with something on here that has to deal with UM and defend them or make them look good or right even in the smallest way, keep that opinion and post to yourself..

Coach34
08-14-2013, 12:37 PM
That's what is so funny Mic-

The Spirit has convinced themselves that I have gotten the NCAA to investigate them. There is now way it happened because other schools around the nation turned them in for their brazen recruiting actions- no, the NCAA is after them because some condom salesman in Louisiana has told the NCAA all their dirty little secrets. But all the while maintaining there are no dirty little secrets and Freezus is just that good of a recruiter.

They are even lumping me in with Harvey Updyke now. "This MSU fan C34, is he Harvey Updyke sick?"- has to be the funniest thread title evahhhhh

mic
08-14-2013, 12:48 PM

The Spirit has convinced themselves that I have gotten the NCAA to investigate them. There is now way it happened because other schools around the nation turned them in for their brazen recruiting actions- no, the NCAA is after them because some condom salesman in Louisiana has told the NCAA all their dirty little secrets. But all the while maintaining there are no dirty little secrets and Freezus is just that good of a recruiter.

They are even lumping me in with Harvey Updyke now. "This MSU fan C34, is he Harvey Updyke sick?"- has to be the funniest thread title evahhhhh

actually that's not a bad idea.. The grove could use a makeover...

DawgInMemphis
08-14-2013, 02:48 PM
to me it doesn't matter if its the real Mike Harper or not..
Bottom line is that this is NOT a "grass roots" situation that's going on with UM. So Mike Harper or not he is wrong there. And just in my opinion if don't agree with something on here that has to deal with UM and defend them or make them look good or right even in the smallest way, keep that opinion and post to yourself..

I thought this was the place for rational, open, and honest discussion regarding all things MSU? It's inevitable that UM will get brought up, as they're our in state rival. Sometimes (if you're being rational) those discussions will involve UM "looking good." Sometimes it will make them look bad. Either way, as long as you're sticking to the facts, I'm fine with it. I'm not here to bash other schools. I'm not here to have sunshine pumped up my rear either. I'm here to talk MSU with MSU people.

mic
08-14-2013, 03:38 PM
I thought this was the place for rational, open, and honest discussion regarding all things MSU? It's inevitable that UM will get brought up, as they're our in state rival. Sometimes (if you're being rational) those discussions will involve UM "looking good." Sometimes it will make them look bad. Either way, as long as you're sticking to the facts, I'm fine with it. I'm not here to bash other schools. I'm not here to have sunshine pumped up my rear either. I'm here to talk MSU with MSU people.

That's fine.. But like I said this IS NOT a "grass roots" deal here..
If someone wants to say that Bo Wallace Is a better QB than TR and give examples why so be it..
That's an opinion.. I doubt many will agree with them but its their opinion.
But this "grass roots" thing is ridiculous.. Its a fact that this is an NCAA vs. UM investigation. And if you don't think it is your wrong. If they are found to be in no wrong doing of ALL of these allegations then so be it..
I agree this board isn't about pumping sunshine and very few that have been on here from the get-go do that..

FISHDAWG
08-14-2013, 03:48 PM
go back to wringing your hands and wondering what's gonna happen bear

CadaverDawg
08-14-2013, 03:53 PM

If you're going to take the time to set up an account over here, at least make it worth your while and be funny. That was lame as ****. But you might be able to run over to the Spirit and say "hey guys, go look what I wrote har har har". Damn, you guys are some obsessed little douches.

Coach34
08-14-2013, 04:54 PM
at least get the damn story straight- nobody gets arrested for throwing keys on top of Taco Bell

DoggyStyle
08-14-2013, 05:49 PM
I know for a fact that they've got hard dirt on the bears. The time is coming. They will go down kicking and screaming

messageboardsuperhero
08-14-2013, 06:06 PM

Some of their logic is confusing.

It's pretty obvious to me that this is more than "routine interviewing." What sounds routine about interviewing someone about their recruitment that took place almost three years ago? There's a reason that both of theses interviews happened and were reported about publicly within the same week, and I find it highly unlikely that MSU has teamed up with the NCAA, Veazy, Fowler, and Kellenburger, to perform some kind of mission to bring down UM. There's clearly a connection between the two, and I think we could see more connections made sooner or later. Not to mention the fact that those are the only interviews that we KNOW about; I've also heard rumors that Channing Ward, Dodson, and few more of their Memphis players are being looked at as well. Tunsil could be just around the corner too.

One of the players I think could make this interesting too is Brassell. If the NCAA looks into him and UM has just thrown him out in the cold without any more heppin, Snoop might be a little bitter about that.

Of course I'm just speculating. I don't claim to have any sources. I just wanted say that it's absurd for UM people to say that this is some MSU orchestrated witch hunt. This is bigger than MSU, and we weren't the only ones talking after this last class.

messageboardsuperhero
08-14-2013, 06:13 PM
I was skeptical after Veazey's CJ story, but now that Fowler's story has come out, there's got to be some kind of pattern. I mean, why did the NCAA decline to comment on both interviews? The most sensible reason is because they are both part of an on-going and interconnected investigation, especially considering the rumors that have been flying around all offseason about the NCAA looking into UM's recruiting practices.

Again, I don't claim to know what's going on or have sources, that's just what makes the most logical sense to me.