PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss 2nd letter update

Coach34
03-17-2016, 07:33 PM
rumor making the rounds today came to me from 2 different sources. One I know was the same that Coach66 has- but the 2nd has no affiliation with that group- and this is the one feeding me all the goodies.

2nd letter is coming their way. Saying people have been more open this go around and Tunsil's step-dad really kicked them in the ballbag. This 2nd investigation has moved along much faster and will be on them possibly by December. My boy said- "they gonna get hammered and multiple coaches are looking at a show cause"

As with anything NCAA- its going to stretch out thru the Fall- but thats alright by me

starkvegasdawg
03-17-2016, 07:38 PM
And the crowd said oh hell yeah at them getting kicked in the ball bag.

Bucky Dog
03-17-2016, 07:48 PM
Coach where is our countdown clock to the date NM has to respond to the first letter? We need a constant reminder

Bdawg
03-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Great news! Since Tunsil is gone, I guess his stepdad has no reason to not kick them repeatedly. Can't wait to hear there excuses about no second letter too. I'm assuming this is a second NOA, correct? Or addition to the first? Guess it doesn't matter either way as long as there are more allegations!!!

Coach34
03-17-2016, 07:56 PM
The big thing this time from what I'm told is the NCAA knows more specific info on how they operate- and are telling these recruits they wont miss any time- they just want the truth.

MafiaDawg
03-17-2016, 08:02 PM
December? So does a letter detail any specifics or just that an investigation has begun/is ongoing?

BossDawg
03-17-2016, 08:03 PM
There's a Southern Miss guy on the pack that posted something about UM players having access to dummy accounts and constant money with a certain Jackson bank. Not sure what else he knows but he said there's "lots of smoke" about it.

Coach34
03-17-2016, 08:08 PM
December? So does a letter detail any specifics or just that an investigation has begun/is ongoing?

my guess would be an NOA- OM has forfeited their right to be alerted that they are being investigated in writing- so a phone call or whatever tells them that. But the NOA comes in writing

Jack Lambert
03-17-2016, 08:09 PM
Tunsil's step-dad really kicked them in the ballbag.

Interesting tidbit for your reading pleasure.

http://mythfolklore.net/aesopica/perry/118.htm

Dallas_Dawg
03-17-2016, 08:15 PM
So does that mean we aren't going to hear anything else about it publicly until December?
If so, the Bears are going to have a long time to say that this was a Rosebowl and ED constrict the whole time. That's going to be a hell of an offseason to add to what we already have.

Liverpooldawg
03-17-2016, 08:17 PM
So how many trips to Hati to get out of this one?

Liverpooldawg
03-17-2016, 08:18 PM
So does that mean we aren't going to hear anything else about it publicly until December?
If so, the Bears are going to have a long time to say that this was a Rosebowl and ED constrict the whole time. That's going to be a hell of an offseason to add to what we already have.

A December revelation would be glorious. Right in the middle of hooker time.

Coach34
03-17-2016, 08:20 PM

A) Well they still have the 1st one they are dealing with that will be going on thru the Fall as well

B) I hope they call it an Elitedawg Conspiracy everyday. They already have been proven dumbasses on this 1st one. The 2nd one will just be that much more glorious

Reason2succeed
03-17-2016, 08:21 PM
Interesting tidbit for your reading pleasure.

http://mythfolklore.net/aesopica/perry/118.htm

That's brutal but appropriate. Rep points added.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
03-17-2016, 08:28 PM
There's a Southern Miss guy on the pack that posted something about UM players having access to dummy accounts and constant money with a certain Jackson bank. Not sure what else he knows but he said there's "lots of smoke" about it.

Link?

Mjoelner34
03-17-2016, 08:32 PM
Link?

Its post #38 in the thread and is by 13thEagle

Coach34
03-17-2016, 08:33 PM
Link?

no- please do not link Sicpack on here

TUSK
03-17-2016, 08:33 PM
Does this mean I'm gonna have to update the record on my 2015 NC T-shirt I got at the Wal-Mart?

BossDawg
03-17-2016, 08:34 PM
Link?

Coach might not appreciate it. It's at the bottom of C66's thread about his phone call from Deepthroat. Nothing earth shattering, but I thought it was interesting coming from a Southern guy.

TXDawg
03-17-2016, 08:35 PM
The big thing this time from what I'm told is the NCAA knows more specific info on how they operate- and are telling these recruits they wont miss any time- they just want the truth.

I assume you're referring to recruits that signed somewhere other than UNM. Anyone who took the money and signed there should have to lose some time (or be given immunity if they testify and transfer).

AlSwearengen
03-17-2016, 08:38 PM

This is what I thought might be happening (recruits getting immunity) and if that is the case, the NCAA wants olemiss bad.

starkvegasdawg
03-17-2016, 08:57 PM
So they're going to let players who should be declared ineligible play?

Coach34
03-17-2016, 09:04 PM

Thats the word. NCAA is evolving- just like anything else. Telling recruits to be honest- and if so- they wont lose playing time.

spiritual_machine2005
03-17-2016, 09:18 PM

I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. The recruits are 17 year old kids being manipulated but adults withmoney to throw around. You could argue they are victims in this. I could see the NCAA choosing not to punish the athletes to take down the corrupt system that is in place.

Boodawg
03-17-2016, 09:22 PM
A) Well they still have the 1st one they are dealing with that will be going on thru the Fall as well

B) I hope they call it an Elitedawg Conspiracy everyday. They already have been proven dumbasses on this 1st one. The 2nd one will just be that much more glorious

The fall? WTH, I thought at least something would come out with the first noa this month or next?

msstate7
03-17-2016, 09:22 PM
I could certainly be wrong, but I don't see many players "turning state" if you will. These players don't have the disdain for certain schools like we do.

ShotgunDawg
03-17-2016, 09:25 PM
This absolutely the right thing to do.

The judicial system offers immunity all the time in return for information. You don't stop cheating in college football by suspending players. You stop it by using the players to gather info.

The players aren't going to rat on another school if they fear being ineligible. I hope they interview some of our players.

Bully13
03-17-2016, 09:33 PM
Thats the word. NCAA is evolving- just like anything else. Telling recruits to be honest- and if so- they wont lose playing time.

If this is true, Santa may have nice shit this year

Coach34
03-17-2016, 09:38 PM
I could certainly be wrong, but I don't see many players "turning state" if you will. These players don't have the disdain for certain schools like we do.

Burner phones were turned into the NCAA- which led the NCAA to already have the answers when questioning other recruits- social media is huge now as well as camera phones. These kids have no idea what pics or video have been taken of them.

ILOATHEBears
03-17-2016, 09:38 PM
The fall? WTH, I thought at least something would come out with the first noa this month or next?

I'm pretty sure coach means the fall is when u hear more about NOA 2. you will hear about NOA 1 in about 23 more days

Coach34
03-17-2016, 09:41 PM
. I hope they interview some of our players.

NCAA talked to Chris Jones a 2nd time
K. Jones and Simmons were interviewed after Signing Day

msstate7
03-17-2016, 09:42 PM
Burner phones were turned into the NCAA- which led the NCAA to already have the answers when questioning other recruits- social media is huge now as well as camera phones. These kids have no idea what pics or video have been taken of them.

So you're saying an investigator comes to a kid questioning about something the NCAA already knows about... Scaring the kid threatening eligibility to get the kid to talk while offering immunity? Now I could see a kid telling under those circumstances, but I don't see kids just telling to be telling

Coach34
03-17-2016, 09:44 PM
I'm pretty sure coach means the fall is when u hear more about NOA 2. you will hear about NOA 1 in about 23 more days

OM is disputing a couple of the allegations in the 1st letter- by doing that they have to go before the Committee on Infractions to make their case. That Committee wont meet on that until the Fall if Im not mistaken. So Letter 1 could drag out and their response delayed becoming public. Not clear on all that to be honest- I dont claim to be an NCAA rules expert

ILOATHEBears
03-17-2016, 09:52 PM
OM is disputing a couple of the allegations in the 1st letter- by doing that they have to go before the Committee on Infractions to make their case. That Committee wont meet on that until the Fall if Im not mistaken. So Letter 1 could drag out and their response delayed becoming public. Not clear on all that to be honest- I dont claim to be an NCAA rules expert

Either way this sure adds credence to the story that the plantation coaches started lawyering up. 2 words - SHOW CAUSE.

Coach34
03-17-2016, 10:05 PM
So you're saying an investigator comes to a kid questioning about something the NCAA already knows about... Scaring the kid threatening eligibility to get the kid to talk while offering immunity? Now I could see a kid telling under those circumstances, but I don't see kids just telling to be telling

NCAA Investigator- "Greg- we are here for the truth. Be honest with us and we wont wont suspend you or anything like that. But you must be honest- if we catch you in a lie- you could face suspension. Now tell me about the burner phone OM gave you......"

Greg Little- "ummm welllllll...you guys know about that?"

Thats just him. There's no telling what Carter, Simmons, and others gave up. Michigan turned them in also over that player

Political Hack
03-17-2016, 10:14 PM

Response by April I believe. However, a good legal firm could request the NCAA delay that response so they can respond to both at the same time. In essence, they might argue that a 2nd NOA restarts the clock. If so, that would give them another 90 days.

Barking 13
03-17-2016, 10:19 PM
wouldn't it be special if, in December, they win the SEC and then have to vacate it, along with getting the death penalty... USCish, but worse

DancingRabbit
03-17-2016, 10:21 PM

Well, it's not unusual for schools to dispute some of the allegations in an NOA. They get to spell that out in detail in their response to the NOA. Then they go before the COI to answer questions and plead their case. That's how it usually works.

Of course, schools under investigation usually quit cheating long enough for investigators to wrap up their work and say, "OK, we're done".

Dallas_Dawg
03-17-2016, 10:47 PM
wouldn't it be special if, in December, they win the SEC and then have to vacate it, along with getting the death penalty... USCish, but worse
No, how about they go 3-9 and have to vacate those wins against vandy, NW State College and Carolina A&M**

QuadrupleOption
03-17-2016, 10:49 PM

Ugh. No. I don't want those bastards sniffing a division title or overall title in any way, shape, or form. Because all we'd ever hear about from now until the day we die is how the NCAA railroaded their championship coach because Bama, LSU, and Auburn were scared of them and Freezus was the bestest ever.

I want them pounded into the dirt after multiple mediocre seasons just to show that they can't do shit even when they cheat their asses off.

Coach34
03-17-2016, 10:51 PM
Ugh. No. I don't want those bastards sniffing a division title or overall title in any way, shape, or form. Because all we'd ever hear about from now until the day we die is how the NCAA railroaded their championship coach because Bama, LSU, and Auburn were scared of them and Freezus was the bestest ever.

I want them pounded into the dirt after multiple mediocre seasons just to show that they can't do shit even when they cheat their asses off.

OM is an 8 win team this Fall at best. They have 9 starters returning and have to rebuild their OL. A 1-3 start for them is damn near a certainty

Drugs Delaney
03-18-2016, 05:29 AM
^^this^^[QUOTE=Dallas_Dawg;520665]No, how about they go 3

FISHDAWG
03-18-2016, 07:05 AM

what's even more glorious is them thinking we have influence and control of the NCAA .... let them sweat another year while we orchestrate from behind the curtain

TrapGame
03-18-2016, 07:40 AM

Damn skippy! I don't want these m'fers to win at Hop Scotch. I want them barely going 6-6 and then the NCAA flaming hammer of eternal justice comes down.

QuadrupleOption
03-18-2016, 08:51 AM
OM is an 8 win team this Fall at best. They have 9 starters returning and have to rebuild their OL. A 1-3 start for them is damn near a certainty

Sounds good to me. I want both us and Bama to roll into Oxford and break one off in them because I'm tired of their shit.

redstickdawg
03-18-2016, 08:54 AM

Agree completely, my philosophy is that nothing ever good comes from UNM winning anything. Let them go 3-9 and then get the death blow a la SMU, nothing else would be quite satisfactory.

Coach34
03-18-2016, 09:05 AM
This thread is Greg Sankey approved by the way....thanks Sank

Tripp McNeely
03-18-2016, 09:09 AM
This thread is Greg Sankey approved by the way....thanks Sank

Did he say he was cool with this when you guys met with Rosebowl at the Arbys in Hattiesburg?

ShotgunDawg
03-18-2016, 09:11 AM

I agree that they are an 8 win team, but the hype is building. I just listened to Bo Bounds go through 12 ifs and buts to explain how Ole Miss' offensive line was going to be good.

Coach34
03-18-2016, 09:14 AM
I agree that they are an 8 win team, but the hype is building. I just listened to Bo Bounds go through 12 ifs and buts to explain how Ole Miss' offensive line was going to be good.

They better improve alot because when they had OL injuries last Fall- they couldnt beat Memphis with those guys

Coach34
03-18-2016, 09:16 AM
Did he say he was cool with this when you guys met with Rosebowl at the Arbys in Hattiesburg?

I told them Hattiesburg was too far for me to drive- so now we meet in Magee at this quickstore that has great potato logs

Coach34
03-18-2016, 09:20 AM
lmao- I knew it wouldnt take long:

https://twitter.com/Rebel_snob/status/710831219211001856

TrapGame
03-18-2016, 09:23 AM
I told them Hattiesburg was too far for me to drive- so now we meet in Magee at this quickstore that has great potato logs

The Ward's in Magee has really good chili cheese burgers. Remember this for the next clandestine meeting.

RIdog
03-18-2016, 09:44 AM
The Ward's in Magee has really good chili cheese burgers. Remember this for the next clandestine meeting.

Yummmm , the best - with a root beer in a frosted mug too , of course . :)

starkvegasdawg
03-18-2016, 09:45 AM

They really are that stupid, aren't they? I guess years of Robitussin abuse will do that to people. Maybe in the grove this season they need to focus more on the cold chicken fingers and less on the gaeger bombs.

Political Hack
03-18-2016, 09:55 AM

That's freaking hilarious.

"Mr., Mr., them Elitedawgs said something about you!"

Tell Sank I'll text him later to discuss whether Bo Wallace should be suspended to open the season.

blacklistedbully
03-18-2016, 10:59 AM

No, no, no....HELL no! Don't want those arrogant pricks to enjoy even the briefest moment of that. You know those delusional bastards would just go on crowing about their, "on-the-field championship", and conveniently ignore the fact that it technically no longer counts, etc.

TrapGame
03-18-2016, 11:19 AM
No, no, no....HELL no! Don't want those arrogant pricks to enjoy even the briefest moment of that. You know hose delusional bastards would just go on crowing about their, "on-the-field championship", and conveniently ignore the fact that it technically no longer counts, etc.

That effing banner would NEVER come down. And no matter what the NCAA does to them they'd always say they won West in 2016. No matter what.

starkvegasdawg
03-18-2016, 11:29 AM
I want those pricks to go 0-12 losing every game by 50+. They day after the egg bowl they get handed a 5 year bowl ban, show causes for the AD and coaches, and a 30 schollie reduction over 5 years. The day after that I want a huge sinkhole to form that swallows their new basketball court and football stadium. The day after that I want the NCAA to come back and say if they want to remain a member institution they have to officially change their name to the University of MS fluffy kittens and have this as their mascot:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e6/b9/5c/e6b95cab0d08227082e1ebd1d1be8d1d.jpg

MadDawg
03-18-2016, 11:33 AM
I want those pricks to go 0-12 losing every game by 50+. They day after the egg bowl they get handed a 5 year bowl ban, show causes for the AD and coaches, and a 30 schollie reduction over 5 years. The day after that I want a huge sinkhole to form that swallows their new basketball court and football stadium. The day after that I want the NCAA to come back and say if they want to remain a member institution they have to officially change their name to the University of MS fluffy kittens and have this as their mascot:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e6/b9/5c/e6b95cab0d08227082e1ebd1d1be8d1d.jpg

reps

1bigdawg
03-18-2016, 11:37 AM
I want those pricks to go 0-12 losing every game by 50+. They day after the egg bowl they get handed a 5 year bowl ban, show causes for the AD and coaches, and a 30 schollie reduction over 5 years. The day after that I want a huge sinkhole to form that swallows their new basketball court and football stadium. The day after that I want the NCAA to come back and say if they want to remain a member institution they have to officially change their name to the University of MS fluffy kittens and have this as their mascot:https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e6/b9/5c/e6b95cab0d08227082e1ebd1d1be8d1d.jpg

You are too soft on them. Instead of a schollie reduction, I want the death penalty. As long as we are wishing...

BrunswickDawg
03-18-2016, 11:40 AM

Yes, feel the power of hate flowing thru you. Soon you will know the power of the Dark Side.

BeardoMSU
03-18-2016, 11:42 AM

Kittens are waaaay too cute for the likes of those ****ers. They want to be the "land sharks"? Fine: let them have the ugliest creature on the planet as their mascot***

http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/attachments/f241/309015d1318095864-ugliest-living-oceanic-creatures-ugly-fish-goblin-shark2.jpg

blacklistedbully
03-18-2016, 11:56 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to starkvegasdawg again.

Mjoelner34
03-18-2016, 12:00 PM
The day after that I want a huge sinkhole to form that swallows their new basketball court and football stadium.

I think a sink hole has already destroyed their track and a football practice field. Maybe that's a sign of things to come.

blacklistedbully
03-18-2016, 12:01 PM

Classic UNM fan BS. Completely, willfully take something out-of-context, copy only a portion so they can distort the truth, then plaster it on other MB's to try to sway opinion.

Truth doesn't matter, only perception. If they have to lie to change perception, so be it. Not an ounce of honor or integrity with that group, and it says a lot about that sorry-ass POS institution. They attract exactly this type of student or fan, and have since the beginning.

TrapGame
03-18-2016, 12:19 PM

And this would be walking around what's left of the Grove.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ce/Hello_Kitty-Bremen.jpg

AlSwearengen
03-18-2016, 01:23 PM
has rosebowl weighed in on this latest news of a second letter?

OSCAR
03-18-2016, 04:02 PM
December?!? 2016 at least I hope. :cool: I can wait till then I guess, like waiting on a movie sequel. I am assuming there will be a teaser trailer though right? Like a LOI made official etc.

MSUDeltadawg1971
03-18-2016, 05:30 PM

Zips, meet at Zips and get a Zips burger with onion rings! Use the back room!!

TrapGame
03-18-2016, 06:47 PM

I thought Zip's closed a while back. But, the fajitas at Fernando's are damn good.

Mjoelner34
03-18-2016, 06:53 PM
I thought Zip's closed a while back. But, the fajitas at Fernando's are damn good.

Zips is still open.

TrapGame
03-18-2016, 08:44 PM
Zips is still open.

You're right. I was thinking about Speck's.

MedDawg
03-18-2016, 09:00 PM

Liverpooldawg
03-18-2016, 09:04 PM
I want 3 things, anything else is gravy:

1. Freeze fired
2. Major 2016 signee(s) declared ineligible
3. Many wins vacated, 2014 and 2015 would be best.

If OM doesn't get the first two, then they could still be a pain in the ass with Freeze and their best 2016 signees. Freeze will also find new ways to cheat, like OM did when they had the big scholly reductions in the 90's.

Just get them on probation. We all know they won't stop what they are doing. THEN when they get caught again you might actually have a SMU situation.

JDog13
03-19-2016, 12:42 AM

Battered fries or gtfo

BeastMan
03-19-2016, 01:10 AM

I'm a Berry's fan myself. If we're rating it vs other buffet food it's good. Plus it's pretty decked out in there. Cool place.

1bigdawg
03-19-2016, 07:26 AM

Zips is still open and better than ever.

nicks_hammer
03-19-2016, 09:46 AM
I'm a Berry's fan myself. If we're rating it vs other buffet food it's good. Plus it's pretty decked out in there. Cool place.

Eason's still has better fish, and I like their "rural" setting better.

shoeless joe
03-19-2016, 09:58 AM

I heard so much about zips but was disappointed. But the Fernando's is very good Mexican. Assuming it's the same folks that had the one in Byram...best quesadilla ever.

Schultzy
03-19-2016, 10:01 AM
has rosebowl weighed in on this latest news of a second letter?

He is saying the the last three weeks the NCAA has been interviewing out of state recruits that signed elsewhere, and their parents.

And that Aprill 22 is response day to the NCAA for them. Will this response be made public? Surely that can't be kept under wraps like the NOA

DancingRabbit
03-19-2016, 10:34 AM
He is saying the the last three weeks the NCAA has been interviewing out of state recruits that signed elsewhere, and their parents.

And that Aprill 22 is response day to the NCAA for them. Will this response be made public? Surely that can't be kept under wraps like the NOA

I don't think they can avoid meeting the 90-day limit and making the response public. That part is pretty much carved in stone. What follows - the COI meeting, determining the penalties and closing the investigation - has a much more varied schedule, depending on a lot of factors. ULL's was on schedule with the case being totally wrapped up about 7-8 months after issuing the NOA. UNC's was more complicated and is continuing to drag along - but they still had to release their NOA and their response on the 90 day schedule.

Dawgbite
03-19-2016, 12:48 PM

Stark' you have got to learn how to let go. Keeping your feelings all bottled up is bad for your health. Tell us how you really feel and you will feel much better.

TUSK
03-19-2016, 09:23 PM
I want those pricks to go 0-12 losing every game by 50+. They day after the egg bowl they get handed a 5 year bowl ban, show causes for the AD and coaches, and a 30 schollie reduction over 5 years. The day after that I want a moderate sized sinkhole to form that swallows their new basketball court and football stadium. The day after that I want the NCAA to come back and say if they want to remain a member institution they have to officially change their name to the University of MS fluffy kittens and have this as their mascot:

FIFY