PDA

View Full Version : Chris Stratton

Dawg61
03-16-2016, 11:55 PM
pitched another scoreless two innings for the Giants today. He's now at 7 innings scoreless in the Cactus/Grapefruit league. He is forcing his way onto the opening day roster.

Tbonewannabe
03-17-2016, 06:26 AM
That is great news. I am glad he is getting over his injury.

Dawg61
03-22-2016, 11:25 PM
3 more scoreless innings for Chris tonight. Now up to 10 innings scoreless. He's going to be pitching for the SF Giants this year!!

BeardoMSU
03-22-2016, 11:31 PM
Sweet. He is one of my favorite bulldog pitchers to watch throw strikes.

On that note: how are Holder, Lingo, and Grave doing?

Todd4State
03-22-2016, 11:36 PM

Graveman will be with the A's I'm sure. Lindgren was sent back to the Yankees minor league camp last week or so. Holder I'm sure is in the Yankees minor league camp and my guess is they will start him out at AA.

Dawg61
03-22-2016, 11:44 PM

Holder didn't get an invite. Lingo is struggling and won't break with the club. Adam Frazier is hitting over .400 though and might get some ABs with the Pirates later this year. Graveman is struggling with over a 6.00 era but should break with the A's.

Sorry forgot Grave was with the A's

Todd4State
03-22-2016, 11:57 PM
Holder didn't get an invite. Lingo is struggling and won't break with the club. Adam Frazier is hitting over .400 though and might get some ABs with the Pirates later this year. Graveman is struggling with over a 6.00 era but should break with the A's.

Sorry forgot Grave was with the A's

We should see Frazier, Stratton, and Renfroe make it up this year barring injuries/bad seasons. There is also a very good chance that Girodo will get called up by the Blue Jays at some point this year as well. Lindgren will probably be called up later in the year as well.

Should be a good year for former Bulldogs as far as getting the call.

Dawg62
03-23-2016, 06:03 AM
Kendall Graveman

Profile: It's been pretty clear what Graveman's game is since he started quickly climbing the ladder of Toronto's minor league system in 2013: focus on command, chip in with a few strikeouts, and above all, keep the ball on the ground. The ceiling for such a pitcher is always going to be slightly limited, but the utility of one can often be overlooked. With a heavy sinker that can touch 95 (and features top 20 vertical movement, minimum 110 innings), and a cutter that was the key to his quick rise through the minors, Graveman has the basics to be a backend of the rotation / swingman type for Oakland in 2016. It's his search for a third pitch that will decide where he ends up in the long run, as he's yet to find a true league average offering between his changeup and curveball. He was also victimized by a high home run per fly ball rate in 2015, which is something worth keeping an eye on given the expectations of his sinker heavy makeup. Assuming he's over the oblique injury that knocked him out of the end of the 2015 season, Graveman might have the stuff to surprise in 2016. After all, pitchers have made their living on ground balls and great command in the past, and if his home run rate stabilizes to league average levels or beyond, a solid starter could be in the offing. (Owen Watson)

The Quick Opinion: Coming over to the Athletics in the trade that sent Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays, Graveman slotted straight into the Oakland rotation for over half of the 2015 season before a season-ending oblique injury. At his best, Graveman is a ground ball machine with good command, though his strikeout ceiling is limited by his current lack of a true out pitch. Still, there's upside in the ground balls and pitcher friendly stadium, and 2016 could yield better than expected value if he's able to stay healthy and keep the ball in the park

Dawg61
03-23-2016, 08:22 AM
Ha love the username! Rep added