PDA

View Full Version : Xenomorph made a great post on SPS that echoes my thoughts on the OM deal

CadaverDawg
08-13-2013, 06:22 PM
The last few days I have noticed the Ole Miss mantra slowly changing on the message boards. What was "it's just BS rumors, nothing to see here", has slowly changed to "I'm sure there could possibly be secondary violations, but I doubt even that", to what is NOW "the worst thing for either MS program is to turn each other in. It only hurts both of us. If MSU were smart they would join us instead of turning us in". Etc.

What this tells me is that Ole Miss is finally starting to realize that there must be more to this than they had originally thought. The so called "insiders" are quiet, and the Nafoom douches are spewing the above, so they are getting nervous.

As Xeno said, I always know there must be more to it and that the Bears are really concerned when you start seeing these "this is bad for everyone" type posts and discussions on message boards and by Richard Cross's of the world.

By the way, notice how when we get caught they just eat it up, but when the light is on them they say "we should learn not to turn each other in". I really hope they eat shit this time

Pollodawg
08-13-2013, 06:28 PM
A lot of folks who are right a lot of the time seem to think this is only beginning. I am enjoying it already.

Ronny
08-13-2013, 06:48 PM
..profound idiocy of Hugh Freeze asking people to send him OM recruiting violations, they are now perpetrators of a cover-up.

A reporter asked to see all those tweets/e-mails/text messages. The University of Mississippi released only a small portion of those violations Freeze requested.

In America, that's what we call a cover-up.

So yes, I'm sure they are becoming a little more quiet upon realizing Freeze's immature stupidity has forced the U of M to enact a cover-up.

If MSU was currently pulling this cover-up crap, I would accept the fact the MSU football program is going to be destroyed for the next 8 years.

Because the NCAA & SEC would **** us up real good if our head coach & university all conspired to participate in a cover-up of this magnitude.

biscuit
08-13-2013, 06:59 PM
I like Snowcaps on my Popcorn. Its always good during the drama. Oh yeah, a glass of Pinot Noir to wash it down. Gotta love a sinking ship if its painted red and blue.

TUSK
08-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Ronny, why do you believe MSU is disparately treated by the NCAA... And the SEC?

Coach34
08-13-2013, 07:50 PM
As Xeno said, I always know there must be more to it and that the Bears are really concerned when you start seeing these "this is bad for everyone" type posts and discussions on message boards and by Richard Cross's of the world.

Yeah- word has started to spread thru the Rebel grapevine that their ass may really be in trouble.

This is just the start,because they still have idiots running around blaming me and Flabby- thinking we somehow got the NCAA after them. Others think it's our school turning them in because of the Devinner deal. But the ones who know realize that it's a bunch of schools that turned their ass in- and this thing is about to explode on them.

I heard from someone pretty reliable 7 schools turned them in last November. 7 schools in one month. There was no way all this wasnt going to get looked at. It starts with Georgia and works its way down from there

TUSK
08-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Rod Taylor agrees with this...

Yeah- word has started to spread thru the Rebel grapevine that their ass may really be in trouble.

This is just the start,because they still have idiots running around blaming me and Flabby- thinking we somehow got the NCAA after them. Others think it's our school turning them in because of the Devinner deal. But the ones who know realize that it's a bunch of schools that turned their ass in- and this thing is about to explode on them.

I heard from someone pretty reliable 7 schools turned them in last November. 7 schools in one month. There was no way all this wasnt going to get looked at. It starts with Georgia and works its way down from there

BogeyGolfer
08-13-2013, 08:07 PM
I agree with you that their attitudes have changed toward this issue as time passes. But I tend to agree that we clam up and let the investigation play out....

engie
08-13-2013, 08:10 PM

What did Rod Taylor say?**

msstate7
08-13-2013, 08:11 PM

Rod Taylor having second thoughts?

engie
08-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Ronny, why do you believe MSU is disparately treated by the NCAA... And the SEC?

To answer the question, yes on the SEC. For a multitude of small reasons that add up to something when all put together. EX: Our bitter former AD is now in charge of SEC scheduling. We were given the most difficult SEC baseball schedule of anyone last year. This year, we were promised that Vandy or Mizzou were rotating onto our schedule(we're due for Vandy) in order to get us to schedule the OK State game. They "thanked" us by giving us a road trip to Williams Brice... The Outback Bowl shaft job... Been a lot of little stuff like that over the years...

I don't think we are "treated unfairly" by the NCAA. I think we hired a coach they had an ax to grind against(Jackie Sherrill) -- and the perception has held ever since. Our dinosaur compliance dept doesn't do this perception any favors either -- but that's an us problem -- not an NCAA problem.

archdog
08-13-2013, 08:21 PM
I agree that it would be better for both programs if we did not go all 7th grade girl on each other each time the rogue boosters try to pull this stuff. My problem with this situation is that they were trying to steal our commitments through cheating, and apparently they did.

Now when the tables were turned, the grove welcomed that fat piece of crap Devinner into town with open arms. Walking hand in hand with the pimps Touley's no doubt. They worked hard to get Devinner on every radio show within 100 miles of the Memphis area. The fanbase over there did the typical rival fanbase move, keep talking about it until they blew it way out of proportion. We had one booster due something stupid, one coach that apparently knew about it directly, one fat guy that talked so much bullshit (reported as only half true) he ruined a 1/3 of the young man's eligibility. Not that Redmond is not responsible for what happen to him, first and foremost. The rebel fans welcomed that piece of crap into town. Almost like he was a celebrity. Fans tweeted that he was at their tailgate for crying out loud. Big party, and they loved it.

So now the tables have turned. Although we are talking about it, we are not the ones that brought this to the forefront. They worked too much "magic" during the last recruiting cycle and the powers that be in the SEC will not allow this to continue. The GA and FL of the world are not going to allow this to happen. So although we are the ones discussing this the most, we are not the ones that placed them at the end of this rope. We just like to see this situation finally get reviewed by the NCAA. It has taken years, but we are not going to allow other schools keep poaching our talent and commitments with underhanded tactics. To the coaches and more importantly our boosters, keep the program clean and always burn the programs like Ole Miss.