PDA

View Full Version : Bwa ha ha ha, that's it for me, I have learned my lesson.....

Taog Redloh
03-15-2016, 10:33 PM
I will not defend this team any longer.

We have talent and potential, there is no question about that. But when it gets crunch time, this bunch turns into pussies. And Coinz has meddled too damn much. They have earned their criticism.

I accept any ridicule that I may be due, after I sheeped it out this weekend. This is the type of loss that derails a season, and I have no doubt it will. See Louisiana Tech 2006.

dickiedawg
03-15-2016, 10:36 PM
Definitely over managed this one.

Coach34
03-15-2016, 10:40 PM
No Mora Excuses

Blackout
03-15-2016, 10:42 PM
Retard coach making the same mistakes that always cost us

Irondawg
03-15-2016, 10:53 PM
Well this time it was leaving in guys too long. In the past i sometimes thought he had too quick a hook. We continually asked guys to pitch out of their own messes and they all failed.

Original48
03-15-2016, 11:01 PM
Well this time it was leaving in guys too long. In the past i sometimes thought he had too quick a hook. We continually asked guys to pitch out of their own messes and they all failed.
This is my exact thought. Not sure what has changed..especially leaving true freshmen out there too long. But Vance Tatum...sheesh...c'mon man...

Joe Schmedlap
03-15-2016, 11:41 PM
This loss ... was not a good thing. Punked at home by a SWAC level opponent. Highly touted young pitchers playing like 8th graders. Meddling coach getting in his own way again. Really a frustrating night all around. Better luck tomorrow I hope.

MadDawg
03-16-2016, 08:18 AM
That one hurt last night. Got too cute, again. When we needed a pinch runner late in the game, we couldn't even sub one because we had already subbed out the entire starting lineup like 4 times.

Taog Redloh
03-16-2016, 09:42 AM
This is my exact thought. Not sure what has changed..especially leaving true freshmen out there too long. But Vance Tatum...sheesh...c'mon man...
I can understand the freshmen, you want to get them work and want them to battle. But Tatum? That guy pitched twice last weekend, what is the point? And then leave him in after he is straight getting rocked??

ALL ON COHEN

Indndawg
03-16-2016, 09:52 AM
Come off big wins over strong opponent, Arizona; then crap the bed vs Nobody CC.

Too cocky after big wins
Too down after losses.

maroonmania
03-16-2016, 10:02 AM
I can understand the freshmen, you want to get them work and want them to battle. But Tatum? That guy pitched twice last weekend, what is the point? And then leave him in after he is straight getting rocked??

ALL ON COHEN

I guess I just don't understand after Tatum gave up the 3 run homer and then immediately put on the tying runs and was getting shelled why Zac Houston would not have come in even if just to get the last out of that inning especially since it was a RH batter?

BulldogBear
03-16-2016, 10:14 AM

We have talent and potential, there is no question about that. But when it gets crunch time, this bunch turns into pussies. And Coinz has meddled too damn much. They have earned their criticism.

I accept any ridicule that I may be due, after I sheeped it out this weekend. This is the type of loss that derails a season, and I have no doubt it will. See Louisiana Tech 2006.

Yep, I remember that one. Nothing like like giving up 7 runs in B9 with two outs. I don't remember...did they even have anyone on base? We were never the same after that.

tcdog70
03-16-2016, 10:33 AM
Could we not hit and run with the Maple Hammer? or at least have him bunting for a hit. E-Ky damn sure wasn't bunting. Benching Kruger , Hell , he is a Dh. Is he tired? We left Men on base alot early. Should have been up by more. how many runs scored that were walked or hit by pitch?-6?

Ralph
03-16-2016, 11:56 AM
I guess I just don't understand after Tatum gave up the 3 run homer and then immediately put on the tying runs and was getting shelled why Zac Houston would not have come in even if just to get the last out of that inning especially since it was a RH batter?

Very fair question. Listened to Coinz post game and he said EKU was batting .70 points lower against LHP which is pretty stark difference. He wanted to throw lefties vs EKU and righties against Oral Roberts. You know, typical meddling horse s*** we've grown used to.

maroonmania
03-16-2016, 12:09 PM
Very fair question. Listened to Coinz post game and he said EKU was batting .70 points lower against LHP which is pretty stark difference. He wanted to throw lefties vs EKU and righties against Oral Roberts. You know, typical meddling horse s*** we've grown used to.

That's horsecrap. I mean does Cohen ever take his nose out of his statistics on paper and actually watch the game? Do any of those stats make a hill of beans difference when they are out there hitting Tatum like batting practice? The sad part is now we are actually more vulnerable to losing tonight than we were last night. We are playing a better overall team tonight with less available pitching after all the guys we used up last night and trying to save guys for Fri and Sat.

Blackout
03-16-2016, 12:17 PM
I mean does Cohen ever take his nose out of his statistics on paper and actually watch the game?

He definitely doesn't use statistics when deciding to bunt.

CadaverDawg
03-16-2016, 12:29 PM
Shame on us this time.

Five-tool Poster
03-16-2016, 12:41 PM

Tuesday night game in March. Take a deep breath.

Mjoelner34
03-16-2016, 12:42 PM

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/64531024.jpg

Mjoelner34
03-16-2016, 12:44 PM

I bet the coach of the next team they play is pissed at us for screwing up that stat. Now he might actually have to coach in-game situations instead of reading it from a damn book.**

bulldogcountry1
03-16-2016, 12:49 PM
A couple of things:

I don't really have an issue with Robson bunting. It's the way he did it. He squared around early enough to show his hand, but then he just slapped at the ball and ran like he was trying to bunt for a hit. That was just wrong in every way. If you are going to bunt there, square early and put all your effort into getting the bunt down first. That situation never should have happened, though.

The main thing is who was in charge of calling the pitches? Small and Tatum were just steadily grooving fastballs right over the plate like we had a 15 run lead on Valley. They were just sitting back and unloading on them.

maroonmania
03-16-2016, 02:38 PM
A couple of things:

I don't really have an issue with Robson bunting. It's the way he did it. He squared around early enough to show his hand, but then he just slapped at the ball and ran like he was trying to bunt for a hit. That was just wrong in every way. If you are going to bunt there, square early and put all your effort into getting the bunt down first. That situation never should have happened, though.

The main thing is who was in charge of calling the pitches? Small and Tatum were just steadily grooving fastballs right over the plate like we had a 15 run lead on Valley. They were just sitting back and unloading on them.

On the bunt in the 9th there appeared to be confusion. I believe Holland either swang away or looked at the first pitch. Then when Holland did bunt on the 2nd pitch Lowe didn't seem to get a very good jump almost like he wasn't expecting Holland to bunt. Ended up with Lowe getting thrown out at second on a bang bang play.

djaymsu5
03-16-2016, 05:13 PM

We just need to get away from bunting all together unless we absolutely have to have a run. We waste so many outs by doing that when we have some huge bats in the line up. Let the kids hit. We are not a west coast team regardless of if Cohen wants us to be or not. The good teams in the SEC hardly ever bunt.

Blackout
03-16-2016, 06:13 PM
We just need to get away from bunting all together unless we absolutely have to have a run.

Even then hitting away is the right call 85% of the time

Coach34
03-16-2016, 06:22 PM
Strick needs to call him in the office and tell him if he sac bunts during the 1st 3 innings of a game ever again he will be fired. Not only is it ridiculous- but literally nobody wants to watch that shit win or lose.

mic
03-16-2016, 06:32 PM
Strick needs to call him in the office and tell him if he sac bunts during the 1st 3 innings of a game ever again he will be fired. Not only is it ridiculous- but literally nobody wants to watch that shit win or lose.

Scott prob doesn't know the game of baseball enough to even approach him about this if he wanted too...

Blackout
03-16-2016, 06:42 PM

Think about how the players must feel knowing their coach is not giving them the best chance of winning

Taog Redloh
03-16-2016, 09:31 PM
Think about how the players must feel knowing their coach is not giving them the best chance of winning
I will entertain coaching options now Will. Who can we hire?

Blackout
03-16-2016, 09:33 PM

Hell if I know.. Keep Wes and go get Godwin.. Make him sign a non-compete with TSUN and tell him to teach these ****ers how to hit

Brando
03-16-2016, 09:45 PM

Throw the house at Dan McDonald... He used to be at NM and knows the area. Alot of players around the Memphis area go to The Ville...

Taog Redloh
03-16-2016, 09:47 PM
Throw the house at Dan McDonald... He used to be at NM and knows the area. Alot of players around the Memphis area go to The Ville...
No chance. He's from the NE and has it rolling at L'ville. For what it's worth he ain't going to Oxford either.....ever.

the59dawg
03-16-2016, 10:10 PM

That's not the problem tonite. WE can't expect to beat anybody with one run for offense.

War Machine Dawg
03-17-2016, 12:27 AM

I'd hand a blank check to Dan McDonnell. Dude can croot and coach some offense, plus I think he'd be likely to keep Wes Johnson, which I think has to be a priority. Anyone blaming Wes for the pitching, when he's barely gotten his suitcase unpacked, doesn't know what they're talking about.

After McDonnell, Godwin is a good name. Don't really know many others, but I'd be confident we can make an excellent hire.

Still too early for a lot of speculation, though. Cohen can still turn it around and get his 2 seed, but it has to start with Vandy this weekend. We absolutely cannot get swept. Do I like our chances of Cohen getting it done? Not particularly, but he's earned his last chance. No Mora Excuses - 2 seed or bust.

BeardoMSU
03-17-2016, 12:38 AM
Last night it was pitching, tonight it was offense...which one is the most concerning?**

MSUDawg99
03-17-2016, 08:54 AM
Scott prob doesn't know the game of baseball enough to even approach him about this if he wanted too...

That's EXACTLY what I was going to say. Doubt he knows it well enough to make that call.