PDA

View Full Version : Who was the second bama signee that olemiss paid

AlSwearengen
03-15-2016, 01:14 PM
and the ncaa found out about it? And what class was he in, 2015?

Big4Dawg
03-15-2016, 01:16 PM
Bo Scarbrough. class of '14. Another IMG kid

Westdawg
03-15-2016, 01:21 PM
Who was the first ?

BeardoMSU
03-15-2016, 01:40 PM
Who was the first ?

You mean 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, 1e, 1f, etc....***?

Ralph
03-15-2016, 01:45 PM
I think Scarborough was first, then the rumor was Shyheim Carter also.

AlSwearengen
03-15-2016, 02:35 PM
Scarborough is who i was considering the first. I guess Carter is who I was thinking of. Where is he from?

parabrave
03-15-2016, 02:37 PM
Who was the first ?

Brusier Kinnard, then Charley Conerly

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
03-15-2016, 02:38 PM
I believe Carter is from Kentwood, LA.

shannondawg
03-15-2016, 02:46 PM
Never understood why Bo had to sit out and nothing was done to Ole Miss. Do you think that gonna be in the allegations?

bhamdawgfan
03-15-2016, 02:53 PM
Yes

Ralph
03-15-2016, 02:53 PM
NCAA didn't force Bo to sit, Saban did. He did it the week of the OM game. The theory is he did it to bring the NCAA's attention to it without actually going to NCAA.

Mjoelner34
03-15-2016, 03:16 PM
NCAA didn't force Bo to sit, Saban did. He did it the week of the OM game. The theory is he did it to bring the NCAA's attention to it without actually going to NCAA.

The NCAA forced him to sit and it was 4 games.
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/08/alabama_rb_bo_scarbrough_a_lit.html

"Scarbrough isn't able to play in the first four games anyway as he was suspended four games by the NCAA, Saban said Thursday."

Ralph
03-15-2016, 03:29 PM
The NCAA forced him to sit and it was 4 games.
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/08/alabama_rb_bo_scarbrough_a_lit.html

"Scarbrough isn't able to play in the first four games anyway as he was suspended four games by the NCAA, Saban said Thursday."

Didn't realize that. Thanks

Bully13
03-15-2016, 04:02 PM
Is carter the one that took the money and Saban told him to return it? Then reported said incident?

StatesboroBlues
03-15-2016, 04:05 PM

Saban made the reason Bo was sitting public the week of the UM game. Up until then it was not known...of course, the timing of Saban's announcement was obviously planned.

It was brought up on most MSU boards about Sabans timing being interesting due to them playing UM and Scarb visiting UM in HS also.

fishwater99
03-15-2016, 04:33 PM
Is carter the one that took the money and Saban told him to return it? Then reported said incident?

That's him...

Political Hack
03-15-2016, 08:16 PM
Nothing to see here. Move along. Just crazy Elitedawgs black helicopter theories.

tallydawg
03-16-2016, 07:03 AM
That's him...

Is there somewhere I can read more about this?

jumbo
03-16-2016, 09:04 AM
Never understood why Bo had to sit out and nothing was done to Ole Miss. Do you think that gonna be in the allegations?

Because nothing has been done to OM yet. Things should get clearer in 38 days.

Covercorner2
03-16-2016, 09:19 AM
Is there somewhere I can read more about this?

Read this:

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/nick-saban-says-alabama-wont-be-punished-for-bo-scarbrough-suspension

?You know, I think Bo will definitely be able to contribute to the team,? Saban said. ?There are two things at work here: He had a four-game suspension for something that happened when he was being recruited in high school. Not by us.?

Hmm... who was heavily involved in his recruitment that is under investigation?

Coach34
03-16-2016, 09:40 AM
Read this:

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/nick-saban-says-alabama-wont-be-punished-for-bo-scarbrough-suspension

?You know, I think Bo will definitely be able to contribute to the team,? Saban said. ?There are two things at work here: He had a four-game suspension for something that happened when he was being recruited in high school. Not by us.?

This is the biggest part of the whole thing for OM- Yancy and the whole crew are saying there is nothing in the NOA about improper recruiting. If that is true- then that all but guarantees they have more coming. With this episode, the burner phones, all the interviews with various recruits they have been involved with, certain coaches on their current staff lawyering up- there's more coming their way. And just like this current one- they will waive their right to receive written notice so an FOI will be useless against them- and they will have everything sent to the out of state law firm.

Also, Im not sure we will see anything next month. They are going to go before the Committee on Infractions apparently to fight some allegations- they arent accepting some of the allegations in the NOA. That will be in the Fall- so this is going to drag out.

redstickdawg
03-16-2016, 09:49 AM
This is the biggest part of the whole thing for OM- Yancy and the whole crew are saying there is nothing in the NOA about improper recruiting. If that is true- then that all but guarantees they have more coming. With this episode, the burner phones, all the interviews with various recruits they have been involved with, certain coaches on their current staff lawyering up- there's more coming their way. And just like this current one- they will waive their right to receive written notice so an FOI will be useless against them- and they will have everything sent to the out of state law firm.

Also, Im not sure we will see anything next month. They are going to go before the Committee on Infractions apparently to fight some allegations- they arent accepting some of the allegations in the NOA. That will be in the Fall- so this is going to drag out.

Is there any downside for UNM for fighting and delaying the NCAA? If so, I could see them lawyering up and fighting this forever with little consequences.

Coach34
03-16-2016, 09:52 AM
Is there any downside for UNM for fighting and delaying the NCAA? If so, I could see them lawyering up and fighting this forever with little consequences.

The NCAA has historically punished harder in those circumstances

AlSwearengen
03-16-2016, 10:22 AM
Read this:

I can't speak to Carter b/c I didn't follow his recruitment, but I did with Scarborough b/c he came to our camp and considered us very early in the process. Everyone was conceding him to bama but we were excited to get him to our camp. He stayed on everyone's radar b/c he transferred to a school in florida in an attempt to get qualified and then very late in the game olemiss popped up on his short final list of schools. Olemiss started getting that confident/cocky swagger they get when they think they are going to land a 5 star, so it was obvious what was happening. I'm sure he got his visiting and listening bonus from olemiss and the bama network matched olemiss' offer and he ended up where he was headed the whole time.

Jack Lambert
03-16-2016, 10:40 AM

I know a lawyer who knows the firm that Ole Miss is using. They handle this stuff for a bunch of schools. He said that they probably have been negotiating with the NCAA from day one of the letter.

redstickdawg
03-16-2016, 10:41 AM
The NCAA has historically punished harder in those circumstances

If by fighting the NCAA they also open the process up for more public scrutiny this will be very interesting and telling. Would the details of the NCAA NOA become totally public in that case and then possibly lead to more allegations if there is a hearing before the Committee on Infractions? Would there be any possibility of sworn affidavits, etc? Could be very interesting and damaging, one can only hope!

tallydawg
03-16-2016, 10:57 AM
Sorry I trolled Elitedawgs

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-16-2016, 11:06 AM
Sorry I trolled Elitedawgs.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/seriouslyscience/files/2015/07/647413.jpg

Ralph
03-16-2016, 12:00 PM
Not saying we should believe him, but didn't Bdork say they'd release the NOA when they responded to it?

Bodaski
03-16-2016, 04:15 PM
I think Scarborough was first, then the rumor was Shyheim Carter also.

Don't be surprised if a 3rd Bama signee doesn't surface when all is said and done. I expect we will hear more as time goes by.

Bully13
03-16-2016, 05:04 PM
Don't be surprised if a 3rd Bama signee doesn't surface when all is said and done. I expect we will hear more as time goes by.

Nice 1st post. BTW, have the Johnny rebs figured out that bamer was prolly the lead instigator regarding their plight? Are they still bitchin like it was us? Why would we even bother when all the heavy weights across the country were the ones getting burned? All we had to do was sit back and let others take care of it. Besides, last time I remember us reporting something, it didn't seem to go over well with those on the receiving end of the information. We prolly are leaving the reporting stuff up to others these days I would imagine.

AlSwearengen
03-16-2016, 05:08 PM

Scarborough and Collins didn't just walk into sabans office and tell him they got money from olemiss. Bama has been successful at getting their players to come clean on their dealings with olemiss (their own boosters repaying money for the kids to satisfy the ncaa, maybe. Who knows).

I do think with Bama and saban going after olemiss possibly indicates that saban thinks olemiss administration and coaches are involved, not just boosters. I think that is what separates olemiss and everyone else.

BrokerDawg
03-21-2016, 12:48 PM
Greetings fellow Elitedawgs! Long time reader. First time poster.

So here is what a friend of mine very connected to the Bama program told me regarding Carter: Three days before signing day Carter calls Saban and tells him he wants to sign with Bama but that he took money from Ole Miss and asked him what to do. Saban called the NCAA to let them know and discuss how to proceed. He would not take the kid's commitment until it was cleared by the NCAA. The NCAA interviews Carter and has him return the money (I'm not sure where, maybe to charity). NCAA clears Bama to sign him. They believe he will likely only serve a very short suspension just like Scarborough because he came forward. They just want the goods on Ole Miss. The smoke from this fire is getting very thick indeed.

Coach34
03-21-2016, 01:16 PM
That seems to be the word

Bully13
03-21-2016, 01:42 PM
Glad this thread is back. Full of win. Best 1st post in a while to boot.

AlSwearengen
03-21-2016, 01:43 PM
Greetings fellow Elitedawgs! Long time reader. First time poster.

So here is what a friend of mine very connected to the Bama program told me regarding Carter: Three days before signing day Carter calls Saban and tells him he wants to sign with Bama but that he took money from Ole Miss and asked him what to do. Saban called the NCAA to let them know and discuss how to proceed. He would not take the kid's commitment until it was cleared by the NCAA. The NCAA interviews Carter and has him return the money (I'm not sure where, maybe to charity). NCAA clears Bama to sign him. They believe he will likely only serve a very short suspension just like Scarborough because he came forward. They just want the goods on Ole Miss. The smoke from this fire is getting very thick indeed.

Tunsil's daddy and now this? That is like manna from heaven if you are the ncaa.

Jack Lambert
03-21-2016, 01:48 PM

It isn't a court of law. The NCAA is kind of screw since they don't have subpoena power but on the other hand the NCAA can pretty much do what they want. Ole Miss is a member of the NCAA and is subject to their will and rules. They can lawyer up all they want and they might be able to get a court to intervene. Chance are they will have trouble finding a judge who is willing to tie up his court. It's not a legal issue. I guess it could become a civil if Ole Miss sues.

Johnson85
03-21-2016, 01:48 PM
I do think with Bama and saban going after olemiss possibly indicates that saban thinks olemiss administration and coaches are involved, not just boosters. I think that is what separates olemiss and everyone else.

I think pretty much all of the coaches are involved. Some coaching staffs may have more plausible deniability than others, but some strategy is being communicated to the money men. They are not out there giving $5k to recruits to visit just based off of a scout or rivals ratings. The money men know who the staff wants and how badly and that's true for every school with a semi-effective recruiting program.

starkvegasdawg
03-21-2016, 01:55 PM
It isn't a court of law. The NCAA is kind of screw since they don't have subpoena power but on the other hand the NCAA can pretty much do what they want. Ole Miss is a member of the NCAA and is subject to their will and rules. They can lawyer up all they want and they might be able to get a court to intervene. Chance are they will have trouble finding a judge who is willing to tie up his court. It's not a legal issue. I guess it could become a civil if Ole Miss sues.

And if TSUN does try to defy the will of the NCAA in a court of law they better hope they are 100% by the book from here on out. I would suspect if the NCAA caught so much as a whiff of a booster or coach offering some hand sanitizer they will come in and drop every hammer they can find.

blacklistedbully
03-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Nice 1st post. BTW, have the Johnny rebs figured out that bamer was prolly the lead instigator regarding their plight? Are they still bitchin like it was us? Why would we even bother when all the heavy weights across the country were the ones getting burned? All we had to do was sit back and let others take care of it. Besides, last time I remember us reporting something, it didn't seem to go over well with those on the receiving end of the information. We prolly are leaving the reporting stuff up to others these days I would imagine.

Doesn't matter who they think turned them in, they will do everything they can, including lie, bribe, pay people to offer false testimony, etc to bring us down because they can't afford to fall too far behind us. It's both an ego thing and a realization that if they get too far behind us in-state, they will be screwed for a very, very long time.

It's hard to consider oneself superior if one is consistently losing to one's in-state rival. Even if they suck compared to out-of-state programs, they have to believe they can at least make an argument for in-state superiority. Whether it be by making themselves better by cheating on another level, or by doing their best to bring us down, they will do whatever is necessary (often both).

If the NCAA limits their ability to cheat, they will simply put more resources toward bringing us down as well. Going after Bama isn't going to accomplish squat for them. Going after us is the only thing they can do to salvage some pride and hang onto a future in football. If their out-of-state spending spree is cut off, the only hope they have is to succeed in-state, and they will find that very difficult if they go down hard and we don't.

blacklistedbully
03-21-2016, 02:18 PM

We went to court and won in 1975, with the court reinstating our player. But the NCAA didn't give a damn, ultimately forcing us to forfeit all wins of games in which the aforementioned player participated.

BrokerDawg
03-21-2016, 02:20 PM
Stay tuned for the next episode of "As The Grove Burns" :cool:

fishwater99
03-21-2016, 02:22 PM
Doesn't matter who they think turned them in, they will do everything they can, including lie, bribe, pay people to offer false testimony, etc to bring us down because they can't afford to fall too far behind us. It's both an ego thing and a realization that if they get too far behind us in-state, they will be screwed for a very, very long time.

It's hard to consider oneself superior if one is consistently losing to one's in-state rival. Even if they suck compared to out-of-state programs, they have to believe they can at least make an argument for in-state superiority. Whether it be by making themselves better by cheating on another level, or by doing their best to bring us down, they will do whatever is necessary (often both).

If the NCAA limits their ability to cheat, they will simply put more resources toward bringing us down as well. Going after Bama isn't going to accomplish squat for them. Going after us is the only thing they can do to salvage some pride and hang onto a future in football. If their out-of-state spending spree is cut off, the only hope they have is to succeed in-state, and they will find that very difficult if they go down hard and we don't.

It's easier to cheat in state since there are more boosters here willing to give mamma or daddy a nice new job.

BeardoMSU
03-21-2016, 02:27 PM
Stay tuned for the next episode of "As The Grove Burns" :cool:

The Elite Dawgs 'house band' could cover this classic in honor of the occasion. I'll volunteer to play drums, but someone else will have to sing**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jREUrbGGrgM

BrokerDawg
03-21-2016, 02:35 PM
I think the bigger questions the bears better concern themselves with is whether or not the NCAA can put enough evidence together to gain the interest of the Feds. If the sums of money we've heard is actually true, what we really have here is potentially a good ole racketeering case. The use of charities and other entities to funnel money. Financial structuring (i.e. the purposeful manipulation of cash withdrawals to avoid detection and/or reporting. Income tax fraud (failure to report) Gift and estate transfer tax fraud, Pell grant fraud, etc. While giving money is an NCAA rules violation, it is not crime in and of itself. However, giving money over certain amounts and failing to report it definitely is illegal.

TrapGame
03-21-2016, 02:57 PM
I think the bigger questions the bears better concern themselves with is whether or not the NCAA can put enough evidence together to gain the interest of the Feds. If the sums of money we've heard is actually true, what we really have here is potentially a good ole racketeering case. The use of charities and other entities to funnel money. Financial structuring (i.e. the purposeful manipulation of cash withdrawals to avoid detection and/or reporting. Income tax fraud (failure to report) Gift and estate transfer tax fraud, Pell grant fraud, etc. While giving money is an NCAA rules violation, it is not crime in and of itself. However, giving money over certain amounts and failing to report it definitely is illegal.

RICO, baby!!

I'd love to see Freeze and B-Dork frog marched through campus by FBI and Treasury agents.

Political Hack
03-21-2016, 03:07 PM
If there's any semblance of truth about pell grant manipulation it could get bad for the entire university. At this point, the IHL in MS better be six feet up Dixie's rear making sure federal accreditation issues don't somehow slip into this magnificent chit show. Also, if kids were ineligible and receiving federal funds through academic fraud, then that could really open pandora's box. They'd better pray like hell this was isolated and that the kids who would've otherwise been ineligible didn't get federal funds based on their academic qualifications.

starkvegasdawg
03-21-2016, 03:23 PM
If there's any semblance of truth about pell grant manipulation it could get bad for the entire university. At this point, the IHL in MS better be six feet up Dixie's rear making sure federal accreditation issues don't somehow slip into this magnificent chit show. Also, if kids were ineligible and receiving federal funds through academic fraud, then that could really open pandora's box. They'd better pray like hell this was isolated and that the kids who would've otherwise been ineligible didn't get federal funds based on their academic qualifications.

Squeal like a pig.

Johnson85
03-21-2016, 03:39 PM

Surely as crazy as they are, they don't actually have people willing to risk their corn hole in federal prison just to send some money to recruits.

TrapGame
03-21-2016, 03:47 PM
Surely as crazy as they are, they don't actually have people willing to risk their corn hole in federal prison just to send some money to recruits.

C'mon 85 we're dealing with some brainwashed cult behavior here. Of course the true believers are willing to do ANYTHING. Just look at XenaReb.

Jack Lambert
03-21-2016, 03:49 PM

Corn Hole Before Prison
o
Corn Hole After Prison

O

BeardoMSU
03-21-2016, 04:01 PM
Corn Hole Before Prison
o
Corn Hole After Prison

O

They should add "orifice"
https://i.imgflip.com/dwqmj.gif

BossDawg
03-21-2016, 04:48 PM

As much as they worship recruits, I wouldn't put anything past them.

Dawgowar
03-21-2016, 07:58 PM
UNC went to great lengths to wave off their accrediting body. Fired profs, admin folks and anything else connected to their academic fraud. Those actions were done to ward of losing their academic accreditation even after the NCAA declared that false course was an inducement (laughing). The NCAA has stuck to their guns thus far that UNM has committed academic fraud. Even having their credentials put on probation would hurt their standing. They need to tread lightly on this or athletic programs will be the least of their concerns. Auburn began to seriously push their old power brokers out ASAP when they narrowly avoided a similar fate with an Academic review of some kind. That was the straw that got the younger alum to tell Lowder he would not be re-elected.

Things could get really interesting.