PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buying the TMZ report on Dak??

Brahmabull
03-15-2016, 08:32 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/14/dak-prescott-the-mug-shot-after-dui-arrest/

According to their report, SPD gave him 2 breathalyzers and neither showed that he failed. If their report is even remotely correct, then heads need to roll.

maroonmania
03-15-2016, 08:35 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/14/dak-prescott-the-mug-shot-after-dui-arrest/

According to their report, SPD gave him 2 breathalyzers and neither showed that he failed. If their report is even remotely correct, then heads need to roll.

When the SPD is involved with an MSU student or athlete, nothing would really shock me.

Coach34
03-15-2016, 08:35 AM
I've heard a head already has-not sure if true

Liverpooldawg
03-15-2016, 08:43 AM
If that's true then you are correct, heads need to roll. That is heads as in more than one. I would assume a civil suite would be filled against the city as well because this has probably hurt his draft stock.

mic
03-15-2016, 09:02 AM
Beginning to sound more and more like just what I said... Pound my chest I gave Dak a DUI...

Majors42
03-15-2016, 09:05 AM
My buddy is a bartender at the bin and he said Dak was there for about an hour and he didn't order a drink the entire time. He also said that he never saw him drinking anything that someome else might have ordered for him

JoseBrown
03-15-2016, 09:07 AM
First Smoot, now Dak, wonder if CJ's Willie had a popped out at Pro Day if he'd a been arrested for indecent exposure or some sex crime?***

Tbonewannabe
03-15-2016, 09:17 AM
Had a friend that dated a SPD cop in the early 00s. This was during the Jackie days but he was a Bama fan oddly enough and said most of the cops hated the athletes because they acted entitled like they were better than everybody else. I would guess cops in college towns probably deal with enough entitled rich kids that they look at all college kids that way. Not many cops have a college education.

DLGDawg
03-15-2016, 09:19 AM
Is that mug shot at an angle? Dak is not 6'6"

fccee1
03-15-2016, 09:54 AM
Doesn't look like Dak either?

Commercecomet24
03-15-2016, 10:18 AM
If this is true somebodies need to
lose their job over this.

blacklistedbully
03-15-2016, 10:22 AM
I think everybody knows I'm a huge Dak fan, and mixed it up with someone on here that wanted him crucified for this one instance.

That said, the problem with assuming this was a complete setup by an SPD officer is Dak's own statements in the aftermath, where he said,

"I'm very remorseful for my misjudgment. I want to apologize to my true supporters, my family, Mississippi State University, the NFL, and the kids who look up to me. I won't ask for forgiveness; however, I'll show the true man I am and exhibit my character through my actions and behavior moving forward."

I am hopeful it turns out he was referring to the speeding and/or consuming such a small amount of alcohol that it wasn't illegal, and putting himself in a situation that could go bad. But even if he was over-the-limit, I'd still view it as a mistake, a bad choice, and one that I'm thankful didn't result in a tragedy, but a mistake that is taken in context with his history of doing good deeds and being a man of high character.

In summary, perhaps we should hold off on claiming, "the fix was in" until we truly know all the facts. Continue to support Dak 100% either way, because even the worst case scenario does not come anywhere close to canceling out all the good.

MzTerry
03-15-2016, 10:27 AM
Is that mug shot at an angle? Dak is not 6'6"

I'm pretty sure the combine measures athletes barefooted - he could easily be wearing boots that give him 2 to 2.5 inches plus be at a bit of an angle.

Tbonewannabe
03-15-2016, 10:32 AM
I think everybody knows I'm a huge Dak fan, and mixed it up with someone on here that wanted him crucified for this one instance.

That said, the problem with assuming this was a complete setup by an SPD officer is Dak's own statements in the aftermath, where he said,

?I?m very remorseful for my misjudgment. I want to apologize to my true supporters, my family, Mississippi State University, the NFL, and the kids who look up to me. I won?t ask for forgiveness; however, I?ll show the true man I am and exhibit my character through my actions and behavior moving forward.?

I am hopeful it turns out he was referring to the speeding and/or consuming such a small amount of alcohol that it wasn't illegal, and putting himself in a situation that could go bad. But even if he was over-the-limit, I'd still view it as a mistake, a bad choice, and one that I'm thankful didn't result in a tragedy, but a mistake that is taken in context with his history of doing good deeds and being a man of high character.

In summary, perhaps we should hold off on claiming, "the fix was in" until we truly know all the facts. Continue to support Dak 100% either way, because even the worst case scenario does not come anywhere close to canceling out all the good.

He couldn't exactly come out and say " I had a couple of beers earlier in the night and then passed a breathalyzer but the cop was a prick and arrested me anyway". His statement shows respect for the authorities and shows ownership of any part of the issue that was his. Just like his statement after the spring break incident, he basically said he shouldn't be in a place where something like that could happen.

blacklistedbully
03-15-2016, 10:35 AM
I'll add this:

If this report is true, we have to assume Dak and his representation knew about the test results. The fact that he made those statement's about taking responsibility is further proof of the kind of high-character young man he is, because he could have easily said nothing or denied the charges and let lawyers tear apart the SPD to discredit the arrest, etc.

DancingRabbit
03-15-2016, 10:45 AM
Isn't an arrest report available to the media? Why doesn't Bonner get a copy and report the contents, rather than saying "sources say" there was no BAC test results?

Of course Bonner had to throw this in:

It is not uncommon for police to issue a ticket without administering a blood-alcohol test. Instead they can cite the driver for being "under the influence of intoxicating liquor."

In the same article it says he was arrested and bonded out - not issued a ticket. No mention of whether he failed a field test.

Bullmutt
03-15-2016, 10:50 AM
Gentlemen, I'm not buying that that picture is Dak Prescott. Several facial features are not quite right- especially the nose.

Brahmabull
03-15-2016, 11:45 AM
I am not saying the "fix was in", but if they arrested him without having a failed test, then it looks awfully suspicious that they over stepped. Regardless, the fact that the SPD tweet their arrest is grounds for heads to roll. Very poor from an administrative standpoint. How many other DUI arrest do they tweet out ASAP?

mic
03-15-2016, 11:54 AM
Bonner and the CL will be on this and stay on this well thru the draft and into the summer.

HardyStreetAlumniClub
03-15-2016, 02:35 PM
I don't get it. If neither test was accurate and able to be used in court, then how in the hell can they arrest him for DUI anyway. He basically did nothing wrong except speeding.

Starkville cops are a bunch of idiots anyway. I don't trust them and they are extremely unfair to people.

OSCAR
03-16-2016, 10:07 PM
I'm going to guess that we shouldn't keep bad mouthing SPD on this one. Bad mouthing them will not help Dak. I think the way this will go is that the arresting officer will sign a statement saying that the brethelyzer malfunctioned and the officer will not show up for court and charges will be dropped. It sucks it happened, but that's generally how these things shake out.

Coach34
03-16-2016, 10:12 PM
Ive heard the arresting officer is looking for work

Dallas_Dawg
03-16-2016, 10:44 PM

Good. Sucks that it took a high profile case to weed out a crooked cop

Dawg61
03-16-2016, 10:53 PM

Is he running for mayor of Grenadaford? He'll win in a landslide.