PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Abram Transfer

state66
03-15-2016, 04:45 AM
I do not believe I have seen this discussed yet. Maybe in the 2017 recruiting thread but this kid is supposed to be eligible to enroll in the summer if he gets a waiver. What is the boards take on this safety transfer from Georgia? I am wondering what his impact will be at safety where it seems like we have alot of bodies. Can he play corner?

RocketDawg
03-15-2016, 06:45 AM
Just googled him and it says he is from East Marion in Columbia, Mississippi. Is that a prep school or what? Listed as a 3-star. Why is he transferring?

Reason2succeed
03-15-2016, 07:36 AM
We need a lot of safety and lb types in order to have a special teams that is actually special. Plus, having depth behind our starters means that the starters can stay fresh and don't have to play every snap of the game. You throw these guys in on first down and tempt the other team to get off schedule offensively and then you play your studs on critical 3rd downs to get them off the field. The guy is welcomed at safety. If he can do other things as well, great.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-15-2016, 07:46 AM
Interesting...I see that Terrell Buckley recruited him to Louisville.

Political Hack
03-15-2016, 08:29 AM
Interesting...I see that Terrell Buckley recruited him to Louisville.

Buckley is grinding. That guy wants players to work with. Seems like he may have gone and got another one. We need as much help in the secondary as we can get. The S's should help out the CBs a lot this season. Between that and having the ability to run a 3-4, we could take a lot of pressure off the CBs.

mic
03-15-2016, 09:15 AM
Buckley is grinding. That guy wants players to work with. Seems like he may have gone and got another one. We need as much help in the secondary as we can get. The S's should help out the CBs a lot this season. Between that and having the ability to run a 3-4, we could take a lot of pressure off the CBs.

T-Buck > Country Club Boys...

Ifyouonlyknew
03-15-2016, 09:19 AM
This isn't a Buckley thing it's a Mullen thing. We recruited him out of HS but already had 2 safeties committed & we chose McLaurin over Abrams. He chose UGA then Jarvis Wilson flipped but Abrams was set on UGA. When the coaching change was made & Pruitt was let go he transferred to Jones. This will come down to MSU & Bama bc he really really likes Pruitt. I hope we get him bc the kid is a good player. If we do get him I'd expect McLaurin or Peters to move to OLB.

Johnson85
03-15-2016, 09:30 AM
I do not believe I have seen this discussed yet. Maybe in the 2017 recruiting thread but this kid is supposed to be eligible to enroll in the summer if he gets a waiver. What is the boards take on this safety transfer from Georgia? I am wondering what his impact will be at safety where it seems like we have alot of bodies. Can he play corner?

Our safeties are Mclaurin, Peters, Coman, and Bryant. Not to bash anybody but I think it's clear that one of those is not going to be part of a strong two-deep at safety. But even so, Peters or McLaurin look to me like they could grow into an OLB if they wanted to.

jumbo
03-15-2016, 10:20 AM
This isn't a Buckley thing it's a Mullen thing. We recruited him out of HS but already had 2 safeties committed & we chose McLaurin over Abrams. He chose UGA then Jarvis Wilson flipped but Abrams was set on UGA. When the coaching change was made & Pruitt was let go he transferred to Jones. This will come down to MSU & Bama bc he really really likes Pruitt. I hope we get him bc the kid is a good player. If we do get him I'd expect McLaurin or Peters to move to OLB.

Steve says he'll be on campus this weekend. Also, he is applying for a waver to play immediately which I doubt he could get at Bama so that gives us the leg up, imo.

ShotgunDawg
03-15-2016, 10:54 AM
Steve says he'll be on campus this weekend. Also, he is applying for a waver to play immediately which I doubt he could get at Bama so that gives us the leg up, imo.

This would be outstanding.

It would give our defensive coaches some real flexibility in the secondary & also help our special teams. Not only would you be acquiring a talent, you would also be acquiring a player that's already started SEC football games

msstate7
03-15-2016, 11:10 AM

If we're playing a 3-4, won't mclaurin and peters be too small for olb?

Ifyouonlyknew
03-15-2016, 11:34 AM
If we're playing a 3-4, won't mclaurin and peters be too small for olb?

They're just as big or bigger than Jung & JT Gray so I think they'd be ok.

Coach34
03-15-2016, 11:58 AM
Our safeties are Mclaurin, Peters, Coman, and Bryant. Not to bash anybody but I think it's clear that one of those is not going to be part of a strong two-deep at safety. But even so, Peters or McLaurin look to me like they could grow into an OLB if they wanted to.

I will be shocked if Coman isnt on the field for the 1st snap of defense this Fall

parabrave
03-15-2016, 12:46 PM
Just googled him and it says he is from East Marion in Columbia, Mississippi. Is that a prep school or what? Listed as a 3-star. Why is he transferring?

Same school Jamal Lewis went too. It's a small county school east of columbia.

bulldawg28
03-15-2016, 03:01 PM

Jamal Lewis?

djaymsu5
03-15-2016, 03:54 PM

You mean Jameon Lewis? And I think Jameon is from Tylertown and this kid played at East Marion. Could be wrong though

Really Clark?
03-15-2016, 04:37 PM
You mean Jameon Lewis? And I think Jameon is from Tylertown and this kid played at East Marion. Could be wrong though

You are correct

sandwolf
03-15-2016, 05:10 PM
Also, he is applying for a waver to play immediately which I doubt he could get at Bama so that gives us the leg up, imo.

I assume that the waiver is based on him being closer to family in Columbia? If so, then I would think he could get a waiver to play at Bama just as easily as he could at State, because the travel time from Columbia to those towns is virtually identical according to Google Maps.

parabrave
03-15-2016, 07:27 PM

You are right