PDA

View Full Version : LSU declines NIT bid?

Coach34
03-14-2016, 05:08 PM
What a goat-**** they have become. They need to fire Jones- but once again- its going to look horrible with them begging the state for money and paying millions for someone not to go to work. Shirley they pull the trigger though?

Your team chemistry is straight up shit when your team quits in the SEC Tourney and then you turn down an NIT bid. Thats also gonna hurt some Crootin

I seen it dawg
03-14-2016, 06:42 PM
Total shitbag program.

mic
03-14-2016, 06:43 PM
Even Bama cares more about hoops than LSU...

sbcmortgageman
03-14-2016, 07:24 PM
My opinion is that Simmons told them he was done and they had no choice.

mic
03-14-2016, 07:42 PM
My opinion is that Simmons told them he was done and they had no choice.

Simmons checked out a few weeks ago...
And yeah he signed with same agent that Lebron had or has today..

bobcat91
03-14-2016, 09:33 PM
Jones wasn't hired to coach as he is just a glorified bagman. This is SEC basketball: a 3 bid conference where no one but Kentucky really cares anymore.

basedog
03-14-2016, 09:55 PM
A few thing, Simmons hasn't gone to class as he knew he was one and done. Can't think of Collins first name but he played for Dale Brown in the way back day. He is big as a Coach in AAU ball. He and Brown both are meddlers in the basketball department. They told Lsu IF they didn't hire Johnny Jones who also played for Brown they wouldn't get any of Collins player and both wouldn't help Lsu. Before Jones was hired there was talk of Howland going to Lsu, but the meddlers settled that rumor quickly!
Johnny Jones as everyone knows is a joke as a Coach! He sent assistant coach to press after defeat as he didn't want to hear and see his ass on fire. He has a $1.3 buyout I think. Gonna be interesting as Lsu AD could care less about basketball.

mic
03-14-2016, 10:13 PM
The reason why the one and done is a joke..
Let them go out of high school or if they decide to do college have to go 2 years...

It will make the college game better which in turn helps the pro game...

confucius say
03-14-2016, 10:17 PM
The reason why the one and done is a joke..
Let them go out of high school or if they decide to do college have to go 2 years...

It will make the college game better which in turn helps the pro game...

Will never happen. Makes too much sense.

BayouDawg
03-14-2016, 11:40 PM
Why didn't Simmons just stay down under for another year and then turn pro?

mic
03-15-2016, 12:03 AM
Why didn't Simmons just stay down under for another year and then turn pro?

$$$$$

sbcmortgageman
03-15-2016, 07:11 AM
Jones wasn't hired to coach as he is just a glorified bagman. This is SEC basketball: a 3 bid conference where no one but Kentucky really cares anymore.

Yea that's not true. I'd say right now about six or seven teams care.

Political Hack
03-15-2016, 08:18 AM
Apparently Simmons GPA is floating somewhere around a 1.0. He knew he was one and done and hasn't even tried in the classroom. The A&M fans were reportedly chanting "GPA, GPA" at the game the other day. He's done with college ball for sure because he won't be eligible to play after this semester.

mic
03-15-2016, 09:16 AM
Apparently Simmons GPA is floating somewhere around a 1.0. He knew he was one and done and hasn't even tried in the classroom. The A&M fans were reportedly chanting "GPA, GPA" at the game the other day. He's done with college ball for sure because he won't be eligible to play after this semester.

Already signed with Agent.. one reason LSU turned down NIT

BayouDawg
03-15-2016, 10:32 AM
$$$$$
Oh ok. I thought he had graduated high school in Australia, but he moved to Florida his sophomore year. That makes a little more sense.

fishwater99
03-15-2016, 10:48 AM
I hope Jones stays at LSU. I also hope the bears keep AK for ever..

Coach34
03-15-2016, 11:37 AM
I also hope the bears keep AK for ever..

AK is one of only 5 coaches in SEC History to win 20 or more 8 times in his 10 seasons

sandwolf
03-15-2016, 01:54 PM
AK is one of only 5 coaches in SEC History to win 20 or more 8 times in his 10 seasons

So are you saying that 20+ wins in 8 out of 10 seasons is impressive, and that we should want AK to leave? Because Stansbury had 20+ wins in 9 out of his last 11 seasons at State (as well as 6 NCAAT appearances to AK's 2).....and I could be wrong, but I could have sworn that I remembered you calling for Stansbury's job at least once or twice.

oldjoedawg
03-15-2016, 02:00 PM
This.....>>>>>>>>
So are you saying that 20+ wins in 8 out of 10 seasons is impressive, and that we should want AK to leave? Because Stansbury had 20+ wins in 9 out of his last 11 seasons at State (as well as 6 NCAAT appearances to AK's 2).....and I could be wrong, but I could have sworn that I remembered you calling for Stansbury's job at least once or twice.