PDA

View Full Version : Dak Attack Update

Political Hack
03-14-2016, 01:44 PM
This may be Germans. If so, I'm still not apologizing... It's your fault for reading it! Ha. I'm not filtering through the other long thread. Read at your own risk.

Dak has a new ride. Everyone knows this. He wanted to go out in it. Boneheaded? Yes. But he has a shiny new toy and wanted to play with it. Which could imply that this is not normal behavior.

A lot of players were with him in the car and in cars around/following him when it happened. They tried to help him get out of it, but probably just added to the confusion. And there was some confusion during the process... Once they got Dak back to the station, the DUI breathalyzer test did not function correctly. Given, there's a very legit chance that Dak was below the legal limit and the charges could be dropped ultimately because of that. If not, I'd expect a decent attorney to get him off. Still a stain on his image and a boneheaded move to put himself anywhere near anything that could result in bad PR for himself, much less potentially ruin his life. However, I'm expecting this to eventually be thrown out due to the confusion at the site and the failure to register at the station.

Ralph
03-14-2016, 01:47 PM
When can we expect the clarion ledger to report on this*?

ckDOG
03-14-2016, 01:48 PM
There's no BAC level? Yeah that's getting tossed. Unfortunately, the PR deal is done.

Moving on...

Dawg61
03-14-2016, 01:51 PM
This may be Germans. If so, I'm still not apologizing... It's your fault for reading it! Ha. I'm not filtering through the other long thread. Read at your own risk.

Dak has a new ride. Everyone knows this. He wanted to go out in it. Boneheaded? Yes. But he has a shiny new toy and wanted to play with it. Which could imply that this is not normal behavior.

A lot of players were with him in the car and in cars around/following him when it happened. They tried to help him get out of it, but probably just added to the confusion. And there was some confusion during the process... Once they got Dak back to the station, the DUI breathalyzer test did not function correctly. Given, there's a very legit chance that Dak was below the legal limit and the charges could be dropped ultimately because of that. If not, I'd expect a decent attorney to get him off. Still a stain on his image and a boneheaded move to put himself anywhere near anything that could result in bad PR for himself, much less potentially ruin his life. However, I'm expecting this to eventually be thrown out due to the confusion at the site and the failure to register at the station.

Had a feeling we hadn't heard the whole story yet.

Dawg61
03-14-2016, 01:52 PM
There's no BAC level? Yeah that's getting tossed. Unfortunately, the PR deal is done.

Moving on...

Is it though? One call to TMZ could totally flip this around for Dak and not in a bad way.

ckDOG
03-14-2016, 01:55 PM
Is it though? One call to TMZ could totally flip this around for Dak and not in a bad way.

Not disagreeing, but probably best to just let it die. General public has their minds made up. Just get the charges dropped, get on the horn with your GM contacts and make it right with the folks that are going to pay your salary next year.

maroonmania
03-14-2016, 01:58 PM

I'm still trying to understand what warranted the stop? Wreckless driving? Weaving all over the road? I hope it was more than he was out in his new ride. So are you saying they had a breathalyzer at the scene but not functioning at the station or they didn't have one at all? I mean I will just say it, from my time as an MSU student (and granted that's been quite a while), my opinion of the SPD and how they operate is not very high. Mostly just sat right off campus and targeted students for whatever they could think up back in the day to collect money.

Beaver
03-14-2016, 01:59 PM
Excellent post. Either way, I'm proud of Dak for not trying to make excuses for himself. If this DUI turns out to be thrown out, it shows he's the bigger man by not blaming anybody but himself.

SDDawg
03-14-2016, 02:01 PM
Was it a road block? That would potentially explain a lot here as well.

SDDawg
03-14-2016, 02:03 PM
Bonner just updated, very interesting. Rosebowl covered this on BSR a bit earlier.

shannondawg
03-14-2016, 02:05 PM
SPD has always considered students a revenue stream.

Taog Redloh
03-14-2016, 02:11 PM

Moving on...

Yep. Don't matter now, NFL doesn't care about his BAC limit, all they know is that he drank and drive.

Best thing is to put it behind him.

DawgInMemphis
03-14-2016, 02:15 PM

SPD made me walk home (two blocks) when the guy I was riding with got popped with a DUI going through a road block. They asked me if I could drive the vehicle home. Luckily I was smart enough not to take that bait.

notsofarawaydawg
03-14-2016, 02:15 PM
Front page of Columbus paper today.

Dak: 'I'll show the true man I am'

by: Ben Wait
March 14, 2016 10:44:09 AM

STARKVILLE -- Former Mississippi State University quarterback Dak Prescott issued a statement Sunday, one day after being arrested for driving under the influence.

"I want to make a statement, and first take complete responsibility for my actions," Prescott's statement read. "I'm very remorseful for my misjudgment. I want to apologize to my true supporters, my family, Mississippi State University, the NFL and the kids who look up to me. I won't ask for forgiveness; however I'll show the true man I am and exhibit my character through my actions and behavior moving forward."

Officers with the Starkville Police Department pulled Prescott over early Saturday. The 22-year-old was driving near the Cotton District, according to Frank Nichols, SPD chief. He was arrested about 12:45 a.m. Saturday.

He posted bond and was released, according to a SPD statement issued about 10:30 p.m. Saturday.

SPD officials told The Dispatch this morning the department would release no other details about the arrest. Officials with Starkville Municipal Court told The Dispatch this morning the court did not yet have an affidavit related to Prescott's arrest.

During his college career, Prescott broke every passing record at MSU and owns 38 school records (15 career, 15 single-season and eight single-game). He participated in MSU's pro day Thursday and was projected to be drafted anywhere between the second and fourth rounds of next month's NFL draft prior to the incident.

Prescott is from Haughton, Louisiana

PassInterference
03-14-2016, 02:31 PM
Yep. Don't matter now, NFL doesn't care about his BAC limit, all they know is that he drank and drive.

Best thing is to put it behind him.

The NFL has employed players with questionable ties to murder, hard drugs, physical abuse, etc. They do not care about one DUI.

Dawg61
03-14-2016, 02:35 PM
The NFL has employed players with questionable ties to murder, hard drugs, physical abuse, etc. They do not care about one DUI.

They especially don't care about a thrown out charge of DUI.

BeardoMSU
03-14-2016, 02:52 PM
This whole thing is shady as shit. And it happens every day, unfortunately.

BossDawg
03-14-2016, 03:00 PM

They stopped him for speeding is what I heard.

Tbonewannabe
03-14-2016, 03:01 PM
I had a couple of cops roll into a party we were having and tell us there was a disturbance called on us. My roommate said who and the cop says your neighbor across the street. When my neighbor informed him that the neighbor was in the back by the keg the cop got pissed and threatened to take everyone to jail. They tried to force everyone to drive home with a cop at the end of the road. Luckily we were smart enough to get everyone with a DD.

I met a few good cops but most were dickheads.

Tbonewannabe
03-14-2016, 03:01 PM
They stopped him for speeding is what I heard.

Probably doing 46 in a 45.

Commercecomet24
03-14-2016, 03:06 PM

Yeah I generally side with law enforcement, but this really is starting to sound shady.

BrunswickDawg
03-14-2016, 03:06 PM
Speeding in the Cotton District can mean 30 MPH if I remember correctly. Jeez.

Things haven't changed since Johnny Cash rolled through town.

Commercecomet24
03-14-2016, 03:09 PM
Speeding in the Cotton District can mean 30 MPH if I remember correctly. Jeez.

Things haven't changed since Johnny Cash rolled through town.

Yep, it's definitely setup to generate revenue for the city.

BossDawg

Yeah, there are dickhead cops out there, but there are dickheads and corrupt people in every profession. I believe that the majority of cops are good people that genuinely care about right and wrong. I'm not saying this was your experience, but most cops are dickheads because the person/people they deal with are being dickheads. I've gotten a DUI before, pulled over multiple times for speeding, etc., and I have never had a cop treat me like a dickhead or disrespect me in any way. I took my licks and let them do their job.

Tbonewannabe

I don't think I need to remind anyone that Starkville PD caused Smoot to drop into the 2nd round with some bullshit charge that was later thrown out. I think Mullen has A LOT better relationship with the SPD than Jackie did.

BrunswickDawg
03-14-2016, 03:13 PM
Yeah, there are dickhead cops out there, but there are dickheads and corrupt people in every profession. I believe that the majority of cops are good people that genuinely care about right and wrong. I'm not saying this was your experience, but most cops are dickheads because the person/people they deal with are being dickheads. I've gotten a DUI before, pulled over multiple times for speeding, etc., and I have never had a cop treat me like a dickhead or disrespect me in any way. I took my licks and let them do their job.

I've had both. Thankfully, the dickhead I encountered had it blow up in his face and ended with our encounter lampooned in the local paper with a political cartoon. Made me believe that there is justice in the world.

Tbonewannabe
03-14-2016, 03:15 PM

The cops were probably just doing what they were told to do, drive around and bust up parties. I just didn't like it that they said everyone had to leave immediately. When we said we would call people to come pick up drunks at the party, these particular cops got pissed. It was pretty obvious they were trying to force people into DUIs. This happened more than once but they very well were told to do that shit.

Cops in the United States are designed to make money as much as they are to help people. I have a buddy that was a cop that got out of it after over a decade because he wasn't "meeting his quota" of tickets although they aren't allowed to say they have a quota.

Taog Redloh
03-14-2016, 03:17 PM

That's not the point. Point is it didn't matter if he is guilty or innocent.

Taog Redloh
03-14-2016, 03:18 PM
They especially don't care about a thrown out charge of DUI.

Disagree. This was actually the point of my post. A thrown out DUI or a DUI, no real difference to the NFL.

DownwardDawg
03-14-2016, 03:24 PM
Disagree. This was actually the point of my post. A thrown out DUI or a DUI, no real difference to the NFL.

You're right. It makes no difference, because neither will cost him anything when it comes draft day.

Steakonastick
03-14-2016, 03:25 PM
starkville cops love dui's and everybody knows that. When I used to bartend at mugshots I would get pulled over at least once a month between 2-4am. Same story every time cop would get behind me as I drove down university towards the cotton district.

Blue lights start, I pull over. Sir I pulled you over for speeding, blinking tail light, etc. you smell quite like alcohol sir. Well I just finished working 12 hours in a bar and cleaning up. Move the seatbelt he sees the logo on the polo and then he lets me go.

Secondly you can't cut one line on the Tetris bike paths drawn down university. They will use this as an excuse to pull you over.

BossDawg
03-14-2016, 03:29 PM
Cops in the United States are designed to make money as much as they are to help people. I have a buddy that was a cop that got out of it after over a decade because he wasn't "meeting his quota" of tickets although they aren't allowed to say they have a quota.

I don't doubt that one bit. I know one who's a nurse now. He wanted to be a cop all his life because he genuinely wanted to do something good and help the public. Turns out it was too "political" for him and he decided to change professions. He said it was nearly impossible to do his job without city officials getting into everything and looking out for their own.

BulldogDX55
03-14-2016, 03:32 PM
I had a couple of cops roll into a party we were having and tell us there was a disturbance called on us. My roommate said who and the cop says your neighbor across the street. When my neighbor informed him that the neighbor was in the back by the keg the cop got pissed and threatened to take everyone to jail. They tried to force everyone to drive home with a cop at the end of the road. Luckily we were smart enough to get everyone with a DD.

When and where did this happen? I swear I heard this exact story from a fraternity brother about ten years ago in a complex between 182 and the cotton district. Either you were at the exact same party, or this is something SPD does regularly.

BeardoMSU
03-14-2016, 03:50 PM
starkville cops love dui's and everybody knows that. When I used to bartend at mugshots I would get pulled over at least once a month between 2-4am. Same story every time cop would get behind me as I drove down university towards the cotton district.

Blue lights start, I pull over. Sir I pulled you over for speeding, blinking tail light, etc. you smell quite like alcohol sir. Well I just finished working 12 hours in a bar and cleaning up. Move the seatbelt he sees the logo on the polo and then he lets me go.

Secondly you can't cut one line on the Tetris bike paths drawn down university. They will use this as an excuse to pull you over.
I've had this happen, and know at least 5 others who have been in something very similar. The line between harassment and "protect and serve" is ambiguous as hell.

EAVdog
03-14-2016, 04:04 PM
I'd already forgot about this. It's really a non issue. It's very out of character which is why. If you're a good kid you get a mulligan sometimes.

maroonmania
03-14-2016, 04:06 PM
I've had this happen, and know at least 5 others who have been in something very similar. The line between harassment and "protect and serve" is ambiguous as hell.

Their favorite thing when I was a student was to sit at a red light and wait for anyone who looked the age of a student and if they didn't completely clear the intersection before the light went yellow they would chase you down and write you a ticket for running a red light. Now how are you going to prove you DIDN'T run a red light. It was just your word against his so its much easier to just pay the fine and move on. The biggest one though was one time they wrote me a ticket for an illegal U-Turn on University Drive just prior to entering downtown when I turned around in the other direction only so I could park along the curb on that side in the direction of traffic. I mean I've only gotten one ticket in my life that wasn't from the SPD while I was a student. There is law enforcement and then there is the SPD. I hesitate to put them in the same category unless things have changed in the last 25 years which it doesn't sound like they have.

Commercecomet24
03-14-2016, 04:11 PM
I'd already forgot about this. It's really a non issue. It's very out of character which is why. If you're a good kid you get a mulligan sometimes.

Absolutely right.

Dawg61
03-14-2016, 04:15 PM
I've gotten a DUI before, pulled over multiple times for speeding, etc., and I have never had a cop treat me like a dickhead or disrespect me in any way. I took my licks and let them do their job.

I had a cop pull me over and approach my window with his gun drawn screaming at me cause I had my parking lights on instead of my headlights at 7pm at night. The SUV I was driving made it easy to not turn your lights fully on if you weren't paying attention which I wasn't. It wasn't dark enough outside for me to tell I hadn't turned them on fully. I was stone cold sober. It was not a fun experience.

BeardoMSU
03-14-2016, 05:02 PM
I had a cop pull me over and approach my window with his gun drawn screaming at me cause I had my parking lights on instead of my headlights at 7pm at night. The SUV I was driving made it easy to not turn your lights fully on if you weren't paying attention which I wasn't. It wasn't dark enough outside for me to tell I hadn't turned them on fully. I was stone cold sober. It was not a fun experience.

Was this SPD? The gun being drawn is really over the top.

BoomBoom
03-14-2016, 05:57 PM

but in most professions the system is set up so that the dickheads eventually get found out and booted out, along with anyone who covered for them. with the police the system is set up so that anyone who is either not a dickhead or at least someone who will cover up for the dickheads, they are the ones who are found out and booted out. most cops are good people that learned they'd have to do that little bit of evil to keep doing the good they want to do.

WinningIsRelentless
03-14-2016, 06:02 PM
I had one pull me over for what he said was running a red light. Then when he asked if he could search my car I said no you have no reason to search my car, he proceeded to tell me I need to shut the f@@@ up. I told him that was nice and u hope his camera and mic picked that up. He proceeded to let me go

Tbonewannabe
03-14-2016, 06:17 PM
When and where did this happen? I swear I heard this exact story from a fraternity brother about ten years ago in a complex between 182 and the cotton district. Either you were at the exact same party, or this is something SPD does regularly.

Park Circle beside Green Tree townhouses. It is a bunch of duplexes. This was around 2000. We lived at the end of the loop so there was only a couple of houses around us.

RocketDawg
03-14-2016, 06:52 PM

e.g., Odell Beckham. Not that he did any of the things you mentioned, but he had a "history". And Jameius Winston ... needs no explanation.

mic
03-14-2016, 07:00 PM

Like I said before ... If Dak wasn't shitfaced and being a prick , SPD should have made every opportunity to handle this better and take care of it without a DUI ...
this is starting to sound like a "personal" beat my chest look at who I gave a DUI too...
And I also know for a fact that one particular SPD officer has lied under oath in a DUI case .. his testimony was he " didn't recall" doing that...
Would be interesting to know if this was the same officer or not..

gravedigger
03-14-2016, 07:01 PM
I don't think I need to remind anyone that Starkville PD caused Smoot to drop into the 2nd round with some bullshit charge that was later thrown out. I think Mullen has A LOT better relationship with the SPD than Jackie did.

Smoot missed the bowl game due to not attending class. You decide what cost him.

smootness
03-14-2016, 07:12 PM

This is in no way true. Dak's best qualities all deal with his leadership, decision-making, doing the right things, etc. This is a hit against those qualities. Regardless of whether it's ultimately thrown out or how people think it went down, this is not negligible for his draft stock. It will hurt.

BossDawg
03-14-2016, 07:17 PM
but in most professions the system is set up so that the dickheads eventually get found out and booted out, along with anyone who covered for them.

Not really. Certainly with some, but definitely not most. Even in my profession as an RN, you'd be shocked at what people get away with in healthcare, especially if you're a nice looking blonde chick.

Dawg61
03-14-2016, 07:22 PM
Was this SPD? The gun being drawn is really over the top.

No wasn't in Mississippi at the time. Check your PM

BoomBoom
03-14-2016, 07:28 PM
Not really. Certainly with some, but definitely not most. Even in my profession as an RN, you'd be shocked at what people get away with in healthcare, especially if you're a nice looking blonde chick.

i kinda already viewed healthcare that way. at least as far as attitude. but i think that's the exception, not the rule. and i HOPE it doesn't work that way for purposeful "errors" that cause serious injury and major lawsuits. (we were talking about "dickheads", but the problem isn't attitude.)

BrunswickDawg
03-14-2016, 07:32 PM
If you worked in government like me you would see how much fat, stupid people can get away with. It usually involves doing nothing.

HSVDawg
03-14-2016, 07:58 PM

Sounds pretty similar to an experience I had when back at State. Was at a small get together (not even a party by any means) at at the residence of a couple friends of mine in Academy Village. Cop knocks on the door and reports that the next door neighbor had called in a complaint for the music being too loud. We knew it was BS right away because not only was the next door neighbor good friends of ours, she was also out of town as it was the Christmas holidays. In fact, 95% of the entire complex was out of town. Anyway, we were content to turn the music down and go about our business, but the cop decided to be a complete asshole anyways. He walks in and opens the fridge and sees beer in there, and then starts checking everyone's ID. Everyone was 21 or older except one of the three guys who lived there (he was 20 and turning 21 in literally like 10 days, and didn't have any alcohol on him). Well, cop finds out one guy there is underage and threatens the other 2 guys living there with contributing to the delinquency of a minor for having beer in their own refrigerator. Thats the Starkville cops in a nutshell. There are a few good ones, but most will go out of their way to be complete assholes.

Bothrops
03-14-2016, 09:26 PM
From my past experience in dealing with law enforcement, whether it was my own shenanigans or someone else's, I've learned that you don't know who you're going to be dealing with behind the badge. The world is a ****ed up place, therefore there are a lot of ****ed up police officers with a lot of pent up rage and stress. I've seen good textbook cops, I've seen cops take advantage of people, steal from people, and I've seen cops that belonged behind bars themselves..or at least some stage of psychiatric treatment. My two cents on cops.

BeardoMSU
03-14-2016, 10:38 PM
From my past experience in dealing with law enforcement, whether it was my own shenanigans or someone else's, I've learned that you don't know who you're going to be dealing with behind the badge. The world is a ****ed up place, therefore there are a lot of ****ed up police officers with a lot of pent up rage and stress. I've seen good textbook cops, I've seen cops take advantage of people, steal from people, and I've seen cops that belonged behind bars themselves..or at least some stage of psychiatric treatment. My two cents on cops.

Yeah, all good points.

Like I've said before, there are plenty of good cops out there. Repeat: there are plenty of good cops out there. I know a lot of 'em, am friends with a few, and even have a couple in my family. Unfortunately, I think most of the shitty ones are two types of people: 1) they were bullied in high school, so now they are "getting back at everyone", and 2) people who were bullies themselves, and exerting their rage/dick-headed-ness is the only how they stay "on top" and continue their douchebag lifestyle.

Also, I imagine the majority of good guy cops are the ones promoted to office/detective positions, and as a result, every time that happens, the pool of beat cops on the street dealing with the public is now less one good guy, but his empty slot is now ready to be filled by 1 of the 2 guys mentioned above.

mstatefan1010
03-15-2016, 02:48 AM
Sounds pretty similar to an experience I had when back at State. Was at a small get together (not even a party by any means) at at the residence of a couple friends of mine in Academy Village. Cop knocks on the door and reports that the next door neighbor had called in a complaint for the music being too loud. We knew it was BS right away because not only was the next door neighbor good friends of ours, she was also out of town as it was the Christmas holidays. In fact, 95% of the entire complex was out of town. Anyway, we were content to turn the music down and go about our business, but the cop decided to be a complete asshole anyways. He walks in and opens the fridge and sees beer in there, and then starts checking everyone's ID. Everyone was 21 or older except one of the three guys who lived there (he was 20 and turning 21 in literally like 10 days, and didn't have any alcohol on him). Well, cop finds out one guy there is underage and threatens the other 2 guys living there with contributing to the delinquency of a minor for having beer in their own refrigerator. Thats the Starkville cops in a nutshell. There are a few good ones, but most will go out of their way to be complete assholes.

Was this around 2008 at Academy Village #55? If so, I was there. If not, this has happened more than once in Academy Village. I lived there all throughout college and experienced a very similar incident.

hacker
03-15-2016, 06:56 AM

This happened to me too, about 100 feet from campus on 82, around 2005 or 2006. He literally asked if I had any firearms, grenades, or rocket launchers. I don't know if he was ****ing with me ("alright, meow"), or it was because I was with someone who wasn't American, or if he was being serious. I'm pretty sure I laughed. and I'm pretty sure he was being serious because he didn't even notice the dime sack in my pocket when he patted me down for said explosives.

Liverpooldawg
03-15-2016, 08:18 AM
i kinda already viewed healthcare that way. at least as far as attitude. but i think that's the exception, not the rule. and i HOPE it doesn't work that way for purposeful "errors" that cause serious injury and major lawsuits. (we were talking about "dickheads", but the problem isn't attitude.)

What a suprise. I suspect that is referring to blond patients.

Johnson85
03-15-2016, 08:43 AM
That's not the point. Point is it didn't matter if he is guilty or innocent.

You think GMs are investing millions in these draft picks and don't care whether they were doing something slightly stupid versus doing something indicating a real problem? That's the Goat type position we have come to know and love.

Dawgbite
03-15-2016, 09:31 AM

Had something similar happen to me once. My wifes SUV had been at dealership in Tuscaloosa for something and we hadn't had time during business hours to pick it up. I called the dealership, payed the bill with CC and told them to lock the keys in it and park it where I could access it after hours and I would bring the spare keys with me. My BIL drove me over late one afternoon and we arrived just after dark. I never drove her vehicle and it usually had the lights on auto but they had been turned off, I turned the switch until I had lights, through her in drive and took off headed back to MS. As I pulled out of the dealership, I met a cop, he promptly did a U-turn and fell in behind me. He followed me a few blocks and another cop joined the chase from behind and we had a 30 mph convoy. A short distance later, we are meeting another cop who swerves across the turn lane and blocks me in the front, the second car pulls beside me and the third is behind me totally blocking me in. I am in full panic trying to get the window down by pushing everything on the door, not realizing that the window switches are on the console. Now is when I make my second mistake, I open the door. Two cops draw their guns and the third grabs me by my collar and throws me over the hood of the patrol car and proceeds to cuff me. They start interrogating me about what I was doing and of course I have no idea where the registration and insurance info is in her car. They finally run the tag # and find it registered to the Drivers License they have laying on the hood of the patrol car. Turns out , this vehicle had 5-6 locations on the light switch and I had only turned the parking lights on, they thought I had stolen the car. All this time my brother in law had watched this unfold in his rearview mirror and had turned around and pulled into a nearby parking lot close enough to hear the ordeal. He was laughing so hard that I could hear him once the panic had subsided a little bit.

Taog Redloh
03-15-2016, 10:04 AM
This is in no way true. Dak's best qualities all deal with his leadership, decision-making, doing the right things, etc. This is a hit against those qualities. Regardless of whether it's ultimately thrown out or how people think it went down, this is not negligible for his draft stock. It will hurt.
Thank you for thinking and comprehending, unlike these other clowns.

blacklistedbully
03-15-2016, 10:59 AM

I used to have a neighbor who was a nurse at Kaiser. We had an issue with our 2nd daughter's childbirth, believing the midwife who did the delivery screwed up (thankfully our daughter turned out fine), but the birthing was traumatic and you could tell the midwife was extremely nervous.

When we mentioned this to our neighbor, she told us to come to her first, if we were going to do anything, because she knew, first-hand, that Kaiser had covered big-time for another doctor whose mistake actually screwed up a patient. She said it should have been a slam-dunk case of medical malpractice, but the hospital lied to keep it from escalating. She said, if we were going to do anything, we should tell her first, so she could secure the facts before the hospital found out and tried to cover it up.

HSVDawg
03-15-2016, 01:16 PM
Was this around 2008 at Academy Village #55? If so, I was there. If not, this has happened more than once in Academy Village. I lived there all throughout college and experienced a very similar incident.

This was December of 2005. Unfortunately, I can't remember the apartment number, but it was a well rehearsed song and dance so I wouldn't be surprised if it happened more than once.

BoomBoom
03-15-2016, 05:31 PM
I used to have a neighbor who was a nurse at Kaiser. We had an issue with our 2nd daughter's childbirth, believing the midwife who did the delivery screwed up (thankfully our daughter turned out fine), but the birthing was traumatic and you could tell the midwife was extremely nervous.

When we mentioned this to our neighbor, she told us to come to her first, if we were going to do anything, because she knew, first-hand, that Kaiser had covered big-time for another doctor whose mistake actually screwed up a patient. She said it should have been a slam-dunk case of medical malpractice, but the hospital lied to keep it from escalating. She said, if we were going to do anything, we should tell her first, so she could secure the facts before the hospital found out and tried to cover it up.

we were kind of talking different things. the point i was trying to make was, in any profession you know who the "dickheads" are. i would hope that doctors or nurses would report a fellow doctor or nurse who was killing patients, rather than form ranks and act to let him/her continue to kill patients, and actively cover for him/her. i know that almost all cops do so.

Schultzy
03-16-2016, 07:24 AM
First breathalyzer, insufficient.

Second breathalyzer, invalid.