PDA

View Full Version : Kendall Rogers - "Team of the day: Mississippi State"

blacklistedbully
03-13-2016, 05:51 PM
D1baseball.com has a nice writeup about us today.
http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/ten-thoughts-saturday-march-12/

The Bulldogs had looked just OK the first three weeks of the season, but all eyes were on them coming into the weekend with a huge home series against an Oregon pitching staff that almost been flawless so far this season. Well, the Bulldogs scored 10 runs in a series-opening victory, before really making a statement on Saturday with a dominant 9-3 triumph to take the series.

Though the offense had their fair share of success in this one, the tone was ultimately set by veteran righthander Austin Sexton, who had a career day on the mound. Sexton, a 6-foot-1, 185-pounder, junior, had a career-high 12 strikeouts while also allowing just four hits in six shutout innings.

Oklahoma vs Mississippi State - Jacob Robson
Jacob Robson (MS State)
Offensively, leadoff hitter Jacob Robson had a quality day at the plate, going 2-for-4 with a triple and an RBI, while Cody Brown and Ryan Gridley each had two hits, with Nathaniel Lowe and Hunter Stovall each knocking in a pair of runs. For the Ducks, ultra-talented lefthander Matt Krook didn?t make it out of the first inning, allowing five runs on two hits in 2/3 of an inning and throwing 17-straight balls at one point.

We?re not ready to anoint the Bulldogs the nation?s best or anything like that, but this weekend certainly elevated their profile a great deal.

Dawg61
03-13-2016, 06:23 PM
Krook threw 17 straight balls?! Holyeee shit. Thought it was 12. Never heard of 17 straight in my life. That is putrid bad. Hahaha

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
03-13-2016, 07:27 PM
Yeah, can't believe Horton left him in as long as he did..

Brando
03-13-2016, 08:41 PM
Before this series, Oregon was ranked #9 by D1. We were #20. We swept them and will probably jump to 18. Ole Miss beats Louisville, and jumps from NR to #13. We should be sniffing around the top 10. Especially if we take 2 of 3 from Vandy, we should be in the top 10. I havent seen a bullpen as good as ours when we are clicking. Just think about next yr when all these guys have a full season under their belts...

the59dawg
03-13-2016, 10:06 PM
Before this series, Oregon was ranked #9 by D1. We were #20. We swept them and will probably jump to 18. Ole Miss beats Louisville, and jumps from NR to #13. We should be sniffing around the top 10. Especially if we take 2 of 3 from Vandy, we should be in the top 10. I havent seen a bullpen as good as ours when we are clicking. Just think about next yr when all these guys have a full season under their belts...

This won't happen until out bullpen learns to throw more strikes than balls. It does make for interesting final innings tho.

Brando
03-13-2016, 11:02 PM
This won't happen until out bullpen learns to throw more strikes than balls. It does make for interesting final innings tho.

Notice where I said "When we are clicking."

Todd4State
03-14-2016, 12:03 AM
Yeah, can't believe Horton left him in as long as he did..

I can. It was the first inning and no one ever has someone up in the bullpen up and going that early in the game. I knew we were going to have a big inning based on that alone- plus I could tell we were pretty content to just let him walk us and rightfully so. In other words- they were screwed.