PDA

View Full Version : Will the SEC only get 2 in?

Big4Dawg
03-13-2016, 04:40 PM
USC, Vandy, LSU, Georgia all seem to be on the wrong side of the bubble

Jack Lambert
03-13-2016, 04:44 PM
Do they even deserve two?

TheRef
03-13-2016, 04:50 PM
Do they even deserve two?

Yes...Kentucky and Texas A&M both deserve to be in.

Big4Dawg
03-13-2016, 04:56 PM
vandy made it as the play in

TheRef
03-13-2016, 05:02 PM
Vandy has to play Wichita and winner plays Arizona.

TheRef
03-13-2016, 05:19 PM
TAMU is a 3 seed playing Green Bay...possibility for a Texas / Texas A&M game in the second round in OKC. OOOOOOOOOO boy.

Quaoarsking
03-13-2016, 05:23 PM
To be fair, LSU and Georgia aren't close to being bubble teams. LSU (rpi 94) probably won't be in the NIT.

Quaoarsking
03-13-2016, 05:31 PM
Bracket has leaked. SC not in.

Lunardi missed two: he had San Diego State and St. Mary's instead of Vanderbilt and Syracuse.

HSVDawg
03-13-2016, 05:35 PM
Whats funny is that eliminating the divisions was supposed to balance out the scheduling so that the SEC could get more teams in the dance, and it has had absolutely no impact whatsoever in doing that. 3 out of 14 teams in a Power 5 conference making the field is pathetic. I say bring back the East / West divisions and stop with the nonsense of us playing South Carolina more times in one season than we play LSU or Auburn.

HoopsDawg
03-13-2016, 05:38 PM
Whats funny is that eliminating the divisions was supposed to balance out the scheduling so that the SEC could get more teams in the dance, and it has had absolutely no impact whatsoever in doing that. 3 out of 14 teams in a Power 5 conference making the field is pathetic. I say bring back the East / West divisions and stop with the nonsense of us playing South Carolina more times in one season than we play Alabama.

Nah, the SEC is getting better. Recruiting has been excellent and there are some big time coaches in the league now. Just have to perform better in the early season non-conference games to improve RPI.

Quaoarsking
03-13-2016, 05:46 PM
Actually I missed that lunardi didn't have Tulsa in either, since they weren't even in the Next Four Out! Bad day for him.

HSVDawg
03-13-2016, 05:46 PM
Nah, the SEC is getting better. Recruiting has been excellent and there are some big time coaches in the league now. Just have to perform better in the early season non-conference games to improve RPI.

All of what you said that is making the league better has nothing to do with the scheduling format. Back when divisions were done away with, the argument for doing so was that the east was so much stronger than the west, and teams at the bottom of the East were often times on the wrong side of the bubble due to more games against better competition dragging their record down and preventing them from making the dance. That argument has been proven false before, but it is especially evident this season how wrong it was. It makes no sense to not have divisions in SEC basketball, but keep them in every other major sport.

HoopsDawg
03-13-2016, 05:49 PM
wow, how does Syracuse get in with a 68 RPI and lost 5 of their last 6. I think South Carolina was more deserving than Vandy as well.

HoopsDawg
03-13-2016, 05:50 PM
All of what you said that is making the league better has nothing to do with the scheduling format. Back when divisions were done away with, the argument for doing so was that the east was so much stronger than the west, and teams at the bottom of the East were often times on the wrong side of the bubble due to more games against better competition dragging their record down and preventing them from making the dance. That argument has been proven false before, but it is especially evident this season how wrong it was. It makes no sense to not have divisions in SEC basketball, but keep them in every other major sport.

Your points are fine, I just don't have a problem with the way we are doing it.

Jack Lambert
03-13-2016, 06:21 PM
wow, how does Syracuse get in with a 68 RPI and lost 5 of their last 6. I think South Carolina was more deserving than Vandy as well.

What was SC record?

Jack Lambert
03-13-2016, 06:22 PM
Yes...Kentucky and Texas A&M both deserve to be in.

I think A&M was a bad foul call away from being a lower seed.

TheRef
03-13-2016, 06:26 PM
LSU is electing not to play in ANY postseason tournaments...wow...

Quaoarsking
03-13-2016, 06:31 PM

My assumption is the NIT didn't pick them and they're too cool to play in CBI or V16. Hopefully Stricklin and Howland don't feel the same way.

TheRef
03-13-2016, 06:32 PM
My assumption is the NIT didn't pick them and they're too cool to play in CBI or V16. Hopefully Stricklin and Howland don't feel the same way.

It's more practice for the team...

HoopsDawg
03-13-2016, 06:32 PM
What was SC record?

24-8. They did lose to us and Mizzou though so that killed their chances. They beat Tulsa by 8 points and Tulsa got in. They beat Vandy in their only matchup as well. Also beat A&M but not many quality wins. I just think they are better than Tulsa and Vandy.

HoopsDawg
03-13-2016, 06:33 PM

They team is a mess. That performance against A&M was embarrassing. Team didn't show up.

BayouDawg
03-13-2016, 06:34 PM
I think A&M was a bad foul call away from being a lower seed.

If we had closed out and won both games against A&M they're probably no better than an 8 seed

BayouDawg
03-13-2016, 06:36 PM

I wonder if that means jones in on his way out the door

TheRef
03-13-2016, 06:37 PM

Curious timing for sure.

mic
03-13-2016, 06:38 PM

If he isn't then the AD needs to be fired...

BayouDawg
03-13-2016, 06:41 PM

I agree. But I don't know too many LSU fans down here that even care about basketball. I hope they keep him another year

mic
03-13-2016, 06:55 PM
I bet Ben Simmons already has the Uhaul pulling out of BR ...
**** the Monday morning final team meeting..

mic
03-13-2016, 07:44 PM
Here is your selection committee ...

Ron Wellman Wake Forest University Athletic Director
Joe Alleva Louisiana State University Director of Athletics
Scott Barnes University of Pittsburgh Athletic Director
Joe Castiglione† University of Oklahoma Athletic Director (chairman)
Doug Fullerton Big Sky Conference Commissioner
Mark Hollis Michigan State University Athletic Director
Judy MacLeod Conference USA Executive Associate Commissioner[1]
Bruce Rasmussen Creighton University Athletic Director
Peter Roby Northeastern University Athletic Director
Tom Holmoe Brigham Young University Athletic Director

Yeah I'm sure these guys really know basketball.. We all know it's about money.. But come on .. Get some basketball guys in there...

Dawg61
03-13-2016, 08:35 PM

Cause the committee recognizes that Boeheim won't be coaching much longer.

parabrave
03-13-2016, 09:02 PM

With the budget mess in LA he might get another year to fix things. Thats the only reason why he wasn't Haydened or Kiffened depending on your viewpoint on that firing. He should've been fired in Nashville.