PDA

View Full Version : Hey Morons, Starkville Police Department is corrupt and does not abide by laws...

RougeDawg
03-13-2016, 02:44 AM
They will do what they wish and have the kangaroo court to back them up. Unless you bring in a higher entity they are the epitome of small town corruption.

I was hosting some USM players one weekend they were off and bad been it to dinner with my family all Friday evening. The USM played drove up after practice. I had not had anything to drink all evening and being an early kick the next day I was getting ready for bed as the USM players arrived. I had their air mattresses and blankets ready to go. I walk down to help them park and as I'm helping one (African American) a SPD officer comes up and turns on the lights as he's parallel parking in front of my apartment.

The officer proceeds to tell him to get out of the vehicle with his hands up. I politely say "he's staying with me and what has he done wrong." The office never responds to me and proceeds to search his vehicle without cause or warrant. The other player staying with me was behind me on the steps watching. I asked the officer again what he had done wrong and that he was staying with me. And I asked why he was searching the vehicle without cause for even pulling him over. He simply backed into a parking spot using a parallel parking technique taunt by driving schools across the nation.

I once again asked, what has he done wrong to which I got no response. At this point the officer was illegally searching the vehicle o asked again and he called in backup with these words "I have a drunk and disorderly over here." He pulled up, cuffed and stuffed me, and took me in. All the while my parents came back because I had let them know they players were getting harassed. I got arrested and let go because I had not been drinking but the corrupt SPD did what they wanted against the law.

We talk about Ole Miss being of a certain cloth but don't even call out the Starkville Police Deparement.

Had another incident where I studied until around 2-3 am one night and was driving back to cotton district via Russell street. Had a SPD cop pull out by papa johns "from the side and behind" to pull me over, AT NIGHT WITH DARK INTERIOR, to say I didn't have my seatbelt on. How could the dumb SOB tell if o had my seat belt on in the day time, let alone 2 am? Is he superman? To which I showed my seatbelt. Then he asked if I'd been drinking. To which I responded I've been studying. He then proceeded to stick his head entirely inside my vehicle to (smell) once again ask me if id been drinking. To which o asked him to vacate my vehicle and pulled out my still on laptop on my passenger seat. These officers aren't there to protect. They are there to make money, period.

Take this for what you want but SPD is more corrupt than any of you know. Thank God that I don't have to deal with that corrupt POS department on a daily basis.

BrunswickDawg
03-13-2016, 08:20 AM
SPD has always been bad. I always thought it was interesting about their DUI's (in early 90s) that you could bail a DUI out on 2 student IDs and no cash. Most of the people I knew that got them then got a stiff fine and most times it never hit their record - especially if you were an out is state student.

starkvegasdawg
03-13-2016, 08:40 AM
Only interaction I've had with SPD was back in college and they cut me some slack. They had me dead to rights and my two passengers were being the stereotypical obnoxious belligerent drunks. But they just told me to go home.

BeastMan
03-13-2016, 01:04 PM
Not exactly sure what the case is now but the Lindleys were most definitely terrible and that's why he and his wife don't have a job anymore. Lindley also got caught wearing a KKK hood as a "prank". He's a POS. Since he and his wife are out I'm sure it's better now. You can't get worse or more unethical than those 2.

ETA- the officers I've encountered for events and haves have always been great. No issues with patrol guys. They do great and put up with a ton of crap.