PDA

View Full Version : Board is awful quiet after we win a series vs a top ten team....

Taog Redloh
03-12-2016, 10:03 PM
Haterz gone hate

Jack Lambert
03-12-2016, 10:05 PM
Yeah your average MSU fan isn't feeling good about themselves unless MSU is losing.

msstate7
03-12-2016, 10:11 PM
Board should pick up very soon with Dak getting arrested

Coach34
03-12-2016, 10:13 PM
always more to complain about when things go wrong. Best thing to ever happen to Sixpack was Crooms being hired.

People are happy for the way we have played this weekend and give credit to all of them. It helps a whole lot that we have made some of the changes the Board was begging for. Interesting how things got better now that we are doing those things. No Mora Excuses

I seen it dawg
03-12-2016, 10:14 PM
****ing seriously? Stupid ****s.

Leroy Jenkins
03-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Haterz gone hate

Well congratulations to the team on doing what teams are supposed to do... win. You must be one of those new-age "participation trophy" guys.

Sure they did a good job but MSU fans should expect a great team. When you look at it from this perspective there is not much to debate about.

smootness
03-12-2016, 10:23 PM
Well congratulations to the team on doing what teams are supposed to do... win. You must be one of those new-age "participation trophy" guys.

Sure they did a good job but MSU fans should expect a great team. When you look at it from this perspective there is not much to debate about.

In other words, when we play well, who cares. But when we play poorly, the world is ending. You sound like fun.

TheRef
03-12-2016, 10:32 PM
I'm saving my celebration for the sweep...don't wanna jinx it.

Political Hack
03-12-2016, 10:37 PM
Team looks how I expected them to look now. Absolutely hammering a top 10 team. Break out the brooms tomorrow. We should have the staff available to carry us.

Leroy Jenkins
03-12-2016, 10:37 PM
In other words, when we play well, who cares. But when we play poorly, the world is ending. You sound like fun.

Nope. When we play well we took care of business. When we play poorly we underachieve. Dont try and oversimplify what I wrote. It ain't Tee ball where we play for funzies.

MidTNDawg
03-12-2016, 10:45 PM
When they not only win, but they also get hits, it becomes difficult to show their superior knowledge.

Coach34
03-12-2016, 10:45 PM
We were a preseason Top 20 team and now playing like it- no reason to get too excited yet

Commercecomet24
03-12-2016, 10:47 PM
There's a lot of people that aren't happy unless they're not happy. Don't know how people can live that way but there's tons of them out there.

Dawg61
03-12-2016, 10:48 PM

This is why people don't talk a bunch after winning. They are superstitious that they'll jinx the hot streak. It's pretty much common sense to know this. Guess you're lacking that Goat?

shoeless joe
03-12-2016, 11:00 PM
Folks are quiet because not only the wins, but the way we won, goes 100% against their own agenda.

Taog Redloh
03-12-2016, 11:03 PM
Team looks how I expected them to look now. Absolutely hammering a top 10 team. Break out the brooms tomorrow. We should have the staff available to carry us.
Not really. At least at this point.

gravedigger
03-12-2016, 11:09 PM

Good God....

CadaverDawg
03-12-2016, 11:09 PM
I'm pumped about the wins, bc I was very disappointed after the first weekend. It looks like we are going to hit it much better this year than last, which is a freaking wonderful sign bc Cohen had me thinking he could no longer teach hitting. Our starting pitching is looking pretty good, especially Huddy & Sexton. We just need a good Sunday guy and for some guys to emerge in the pen. I wish Tatum could be our Sunday guy, but he has been good out of the pen. Breaux looks the part so far....we just need the pen to step up and for the entire staff to cut out the damn walks. If we stop walking people and find our Sunday guy & key bullpen guys...we may make some noise. I worry about our lack of a dominant closer, as well as the Tatum dilemma where we need him in our pen AND as our Sunday guy. Gotta get that straight.

Great series win, exciting to see this team putting it together....Now let's sweep these duckers

Brando
03-12-2016, 11:16 PM
I'm pumped about the wins, bc I was very disappointed after the first weekend. It looks like we are going to hit it much better this year than last, which is a freaking wonderful sign bc Cohen had me thinking he could no longer teach hitting. Our starting pitching is looking pretty good, especially Huddy & Sexton. We just need a good Sunday guy and for some guys to emerge in the pen. I wish Tatum could be our Sunday guy, but he has been good out of the pen. Breaux looks the part so far....we just need the pen to step up and for the entire staff to cut out the damn walks. If we stop walking people and find our Sunday guy & key bullpen guys...we may make some noise. I worry about our lack of a dominant closer, as well as the Tatum dilemma where we need him in our pen AND as our Sunday guy. Gotta get that straight.

Great series win, exciting to see this team putting it together....Now let's sweep these duckers

Let Breaux pitch against Vandy next Sunday and move Smith to the closer spot. I think smith would be dominant as a closer for us.. Who are we throwing tom to start?

CadaverDawg
03-12-2016, 11:21 PM
Let Breaux pitch against Vandy next Sunday and move Smith to the closer spot. I think smith would be dominant as a closer for us.. Who are we throwing tom to start?

I'm not all that high on Smith...yet. He doesn't have closer stuff. Decent arm out of the pen, but will not be a strikeout guy against good teams IMO.

I think Brown starts tomorrow, and I'm not sold on he nor Houston as a starter in the SEC. I don't know the answer, bc if you start Tatum on Sunday's that would be great...until you have to go to the pen, bc Tatum is our best guy out of the pen.

I just don't know

Bottom line, we need some guys in our pen to step up so Tatum can start on Sunday's. And for God's sake, stop walking people. Get those resolved & we'll be really good in SEC play.

blacklistedbully
03-12-2016, 11:31 PM

This. Exactly why I haven't been crowing yet.

Bdawg
03-12-2016, 11:31 PM

We need to improve on this greatly in my opinion. Hudson can't go the distance right now because of this. He throws a complete games worth of pitches in 5-7 innings. Hope he doesn't tire throughout the season. Great stuff though. Just improve his command. Agree that the relievers have to do better also. Especially with a big lead, you got fill up the strike zone and not walk or hit people. I do like the line up right now. Let's just stick with it for while

dawgday166
03-13-2016, 03:38 AM
I don't celebrate much ... I tend to think it jinxes us. I like to try and stay in cautious optimism mode. I will say that team is playing much better now and Cohen is doing things now that make better sense IMO.

Only 25% through schedule and haven't started killer SEC slate yet so ... we'll still see.

engie
03-13-2016, 07:40 AM
I don't celebrate much ... I tend to think it jinxes us. I like to try and stay in cautious optimism mode. I will say that team is playing much better now and Cohen is doing things now that make better sense IMO.

Only 25% through schedule and haven't started killer SEC slate yet so ... we'll still see.

By "Cohen doing things that make better sense"... What you are really saying is "guys are executing in their role". That's the only thing that's actually changed from when people were bitching until now.

Offshore Dawg
03-13-2016, 08:10 AM
I think lot of you bitchers fail to realize how bad changing the ball hurt the team with the skill level that they were built around.

dawgoneyall
03-13-2016, 08:35 AM
We should have bunted more.
There.....fixed it.

Thick
03-13-2016, 09:06 AM
We are the best!!! We are #1, and nobody can beat us!

shoeless joe
03-13-2016, 09:11 AM
By "Cohen doing things that make better sense"... What you are really saying is "guys are executing in their role". That's the only thing that's actually changed from when people were bitching until now.

Exactly

shannondawg
03-13-2016, 09:12 AM
Most of them are waiting until we lose.

basedog
03-13-2016, 09:24 AM
"They should be arrested" so said Trump!

dawgday166
03-13-2016, 11:53 AM

Not sure if they knew what their roles were before this weekend ... he was moving folks around so much. Lineup has some stability to it now it seems to me, so yea, guys seem to be settling into these roles pretty well it seems like. They seem more relaxed, playing ball, and having fun now. I didn't quite get that same vibe earlier ... well really at any time before this weekend.

At least that's my opinion. You are certainly entitled to see it differently.

engie
03-13-2016, 01:21 PM
Not sure if they knew what their roles were before this weekend ... he was moving folks around so much.
We played 12.3 guys per game this weekend. And our backup catcher is out. We played 13.0 per game opening weekend with Lovelady available. So -- like I said the first time -- all that has actually changed is the execution and the comfort of the players in their roles.

Lineup has some stability to it now it seems to me, so yea, guys seem to be settling into these roles pretty well it seems like.
This lineup has had more stability all season than in any I remember under Cohen. This isn't a new thing. That's why all the gnashing of teeth about it has been laughable.

They seem more relaxed, playing ball, and having fun now.
Winning and playing well is relaxing and fun. Cart and horse. With as many new faces as we have and guys coming off injuries -- there was always going to be an adjustment period -- which a few of us have tried to explain for the last month while a bunch here were jumping off of cliffs...

dawgday166
03-13-2016, 01:39 PM
We played 12.3 guys per game this weekend. And our backup catcher is out. We played 13.0 per game opening weekend with Lovelady available. So -- like I said the first time -- all that has actually changed is the execution and the comfort of the players in their roles.

This lineup has had more stability all season than in any I remember under Cohen. This isn't a new thing. That's why all the gnashing of teeth about it has been laughable.

Winning and playing well is relaxing and fun. Cart and horse. With as many new faces as we have and guys coming off injuries -- there was always going to be an adjustment period -- which a few of us have tried to explain for the last month while a bunch here were jumping off of cliffs...

Well ... I like starting the same infield every day (2nd, SS, and 3rd) then adjusting as game gets late based on whether you need run or protecting lead maybe. Starting same infield my philosophy is defense 1st, unless there is really good bat like Collins you have to get into the lineup. I like moving 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 a little in lineup based on LHP or RHP (like moving Lowe in order a little.)

My perception was I wasn't seeing that earlier. But that's my philosophy .. everyone has their own. If Cohen's works then I'm good with it ... but going back to last year when you start 13-0 and lose 18 of your last 21 ... you probably lost the team more than anything, for some reason. Baseball players like to settle into specific roles I believe ... and I wasn't really seeing that earlier. Everything seemed a little willie-nillie to me. Now it seems more structured and there's a method to it now IMO.

CadaverDawg
03-13-2016, 01:42 PM
Im not sure who is more annoying, the ones who incessantly bitch, or the ones who incessantly bitch about the ones incessantly bitching.

dawgday166
03-13-2016, 01:52 PM
Im not sure who is more annoying, the ones who incessantly bitch, or the ones who incessantly bitch about the ones incessantly bitching.

LOL ... good one. +1

Taog Redloh
03-13-2016, 09:41 PM

You don't get it.

You need balance. We've the extreme side of the negative spectrum. We need more cheerleaders to balance that shit out. Unfortunately though, it seems we have logical people and then the extreme morons, thus making for a damn near unreadable board because the average lingers on the negative side. Nobody wants to read that shit constantly. I mean, whatever you all want I guess, people will just find other stuff to do. You the moderators.

Coach34
03-13-2016, 09:45 PM
Our page views have climbed over 2MM per month and are the highest they have ever been- so it's readable for most people.

the59dawg
03-13-2016, 09:53 PM
Our page views have climbed over 2MM per month and are the highest they have ever been- so it's readable for most people.

I bet half the increase is due to posts about scUM vs NCAA

CadaverDawg
03-13-2016, 11:50 PM
You don't get it.

You need balance. We've the extreme side of the negative spectrum. We need more cheerleaders to balance that shit out. Unfortunately though, it seems we have logical people and then the extreme morons, thus making for a damn near unreadable board because the average lingers on the negative side. Nobody wants to read that shit constantly. I mean, whatever you all want I guess, people will just find other stuff to do. You the moderators.

Oh I get it, and I agree to an extent. But bitching about people bitching is just MORE bitching. So instead of threads like this, why not start a positive thread like you're referencing? Because you're right, there should be many positive threads after this series win, I agree.

Todd4State
03-14-2016, 12:34 AM
Well ... I like starting the same infield every day (2nd, SS, and 3rd) then adjusting as game gets late based on whether you need run or protecting lead maybe. Starting same infield my philosophy is defense 1st, unless there is really good bat like Collins you have to get into the lineup. I like moving 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 a little in lineup based on LHP or RHP (like moving Lowe in order a little.)

My perception was I wasn't seeing that earlier. But that's my philosophy .. everyone has their own. If Cohen's works then I'm good with it ... but going back to last year when you start 13-0 and lose 18 of your last 21 ... you probably lost the team more than anything, for some reason. Baseball players like to settle into specific roles I believe ... and I wasn't really seeing that earlier. Everything seemed a little willie-nillie to me. Now it seems more structured and there's a method to it now IMO.

We're going to have to have different MIF combinations if for no other reason because Stovall is going to have to catch some and also because we have two freshmen who are going to go through freshman slumps at times. It is what it is.

Ironically, we "lost the team" because of the part we didn't meddle with as much and should have- and that was the pitching staff. Cohen and Butch had some BIG TIME disagreements over that. Butch wanted to keep trotting Ross out there because he thought he would "figure it out" at some point- and Cohen wanted to get the younger guys out there more like Hudson. That was why we saw some confusion and disagreements during pitching changes at times if you watched very closely.

Personally I believe that if we had simply started Sexton, Hudson, and Preston not necessarily in that order and used Laster like we used all of our other long relief guys along with Fitts where we could have used Laster twice a week instead of once we probably manage a winning season at the very least.

Even with all of the "meddling" we still finished around 8th in the SEC in hitting- which is pretty much middle of the SEC. Which is pretty respectable considering we had no power plus the shitty bats we were forced to use. It's a wonder we hit any home runs at all- I saw us strike balls pretty well last year that would die like someone shot them out of the sky. We've already hit half as many home runs as we hit all of last year- and we haven't even started SEC play yet and the weather hasn't warmed up either.

Todd4State
03-14-2016, 12:46 AM

The only somewhat crazy things I've seen are Collins playing second base for a few innings against an OOC opponent and maybe Rooker hitting second- which isn't that crazy because we all know that Cody Brown is going to probably sub in to that spot plus we all know how well Rooker hits LHP. So, even at that there is some rational logic behind it.

At this point it's pretty much bitching to have something to bitch about- or we have a LOT of OCD fans. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the line up changes make our fans more uncomfortable than the actual players that have to deal with the changes. Which is funny because it's very easily proven wrong.

If our guys get into pro ball and they go up to the manager and tell them "I need to hit __ so that I can feel comfortable and get into a rhythm" they'll be lucky if they aren't released. They should be lucky and excited to be in the lineup no matter where they are hitting. And I don't think our players are like that.

dawgday166
03-14-2016, 01:41 AM
We're going to have to have different MIF combinations if for no other reason because Stovall is going to have to catch some and also because we have two freshmen who are going to go through freshman slumps at times. It is what it is.

Ironically, we "lost the team" because of the part we didn't meddle with as much and should have- and that was the pitching staff. Cohen and Butch had some BIG TIME disagreements over that. Butch wanted to keep trotting Ross out there because he thought he would "figure it out" at some point- and Cohen wanted to get the younger guys out there more like Hudson. That was why we saw some confusion and disagreements during pitching changes at times if you watched very closely.

Personally I believe that if we had simply started Sexton, Hudson, and Preston not necessarily in that order and used Laster like we used all of our other long relief guys along with Fitts where we could have used Laster twice a week instead of once we probably manage a winning season at the very least.

Even with all of the "meddling" we still finished around 8th in the SEC in hitting- which is pretty much middle of the SEC. Which is pretty respectable considering we had no power plus the shitty bats we were forced to use. It's a wonder we hit any home runs at all- I saw us strike balls pretty well last year that would die like someone shot them out of the sky. We've already hit half as many home runs as we hit all of last year- and we haven't even started SEC play yet and the weather hasn't warmed up either.

I'm not gonna change too much about my philosophy. There seems to be a more structured approach now to me that makes some sense. It seems to me the roles have become more defined and the team is buying into them. The team had a really good weekend. One thing I will say tho ... you're playing Alexander for D anyway and not expecting too much out of his bat. However, I'm good with whatever Cohen does ... as long as the winning percentage is what it should be with this team. If it weren't for last year ... I wouldn't even be discussing this too much at all. I'd be giving Cohen much more a benefit of the doubt than I have been this year.

Something I believe I am reading in your post tho is last year wasn't really Cohen's fault. To lose 18 of 21 in baseball is really, really bad ... there just ain't a whole slew of teams that have ever done that, especially after starting off the year like we did. To me everything is always the Head Coach's fault ... good or bad. Whether it's Stans, or Mullen, or Howland, they're the head men in charge. Watch a Saban press conference. He takes full responsibility. He don't toss his players or assistants under the bus. He'll sit there and tell you it all comes back to him.

Bum Phillips said this about Bear Bryant "I know a lot of coaches that know more about X's & O's than Coach Bryant, but I never have met anyone who knew more about people. He can take his'n and beat your'n and your'n and beat his'n. He knows how to get the most out of each player."

It's Cohen's job to do just that .. and I'm pulling for him to do it.

Dawg61
03-14-2016, 05:19 AM
We need more cheerleaders to balance that shit out

Cheerleaders that start threads to be cheerleaders in get gangbanged over here. Cheerleading goes in game threads. If you'd participate in a game thread every once in awhile you would see plenty of cheering going on.

engie
03-14-2016, 07:58 AM
Shut up, Ron...