PDA

View Full Version : Kymbotric Mason (MSU target) narrative

BeastMan
03-12-2016, 11:40 AM
First off, Mason is a hell of a player. Currently has offers from MSU and JSU but I guarantee that list grows this summer. What's bothered me is the narrative that I've seen from every single OM fan site. I've seen these types of things said: "After what happened with Jeffrey, Ole Miss probably won't go back in to Noxubee."

These same 3 fan sites chastise state fans for how they handle losing a guy they wanted (CJ, AJ, etc...) The truth of the matter is that sometimes you just get beat for a kid and MSU beat OM for Simmons. OM pretty much cleaned up everywhere else. I don't understand this gnashing of teeth. It reminds me of the '12 class (I think I have the year right) where state dominated the trail but OM beat State for Channing Ward who was the top MS kid. The State sites and most fans just shrugged their shoulders with a "you can't get them all" attitude.

The narrative we're seeing coming from the top (the 3 OM sites) that will be repeated by the rank and file fans is a bad look. What they essentially keep saying over and over is that Jeffrey Simmons is a cheater and Mason is dishonest too so we don't want him. Not a good look at all. Just signed a top 10 class but that wasn't enough.

Now their fans will immediately respond to this with "AJ Brown _____" and they'll be right that not every State fan handled that right but that's the nature of a hometown kid leaving for a rival. Kinda like when Liggins announced for LSU on the square. Let's not act like we're that different.

Now this is the deal, fans will be fans. Fandom reigns supreme. I just don't care for the Rebel media who always laugh and pick at MSU fans for the "he got paid narrative" to turn around and do the same thing. Again, bad look.

Simmons has called zero attention to himself and has said nothing negative about OM fans or coaches. He doesn't deserve the shade. Mason hasn't even hit the camp circuit yet and he sure as hell doesn't deserve the shade just because he goes to Noxubee. OM beat State for Patt Patterson and Vince Sanders. I'm glad MSU has kept at it with Noxubee kids and didn't attempt to paint that whole school as corrupt. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. If OM is now conceding Noxubee, I'll take it. Thanks.

smootness
03-12-2016, 11:50 AM
Sports fans, especially college sports fans, are irrational, defensive, and want to believe or have others believe that their team is pure and deserving of success while others are simply evil and/or lucky.

This has been confirmed for the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000th time.

Tbonewannabe
03-12-2016, 12:03 PM
UM's pitch of money and women work on most 17 year old kids but not all of them. Some kids have more integrity than I would at that age. You see a lot of high level recruits get new cars right after they sign with UM. It doesn't take much common sense to see how a girls basketball coach went from never being affiliated with a major program to 2 years later getting a top 5 class.

BeastMan
03-12-2016, 12:11 PM
Sports fans, especially college sports fans, are irrational, defensive, and want to believe or have others believe that their team is pure and deserving of success while others are simply evil and/or lucky.

I completely understand. That's why if a fan said it, I'd just roll my eyes and move on. Just weird that all the sites started saying the same narrative at the same time.

tcdog70
03-12-2016, 12:23 PM
Bot, is a player. He covered AJ and Noxubee was the only team to beat Starkville. Also a heck of a WR. He is just a football player. Will be a great Bulldog.

AlSwearengen
03-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Didn't ajbrown get on twitter calling Simmons a dirty player? All indications point to brown being a lying douche bag.

sleepy dawg
03-12-2016, 01:05 PM
UM's pitch of money and women work on most 17 year old kids but not all of them. Some kids have more integrity than I would at that age. You see a lot of high level recruits get new cars right after they sign with UM. It doesn't take much common sense to see how a girls basketball coach went from never being affiliated with a major program to 2 years later getting a top 5 class.

soristitues*

cheewgumm
03-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Great news if they are giving up on NC.

More likely is that NC won't take their $$ and "play along", so Ole Miss U is out.

That their fans would even imply that we are paying and they are not is beyond comical. It's not worthy of response because it's so ludicrous .

FISHDAWG
03-12-2016, 01:54 PM

is that one sextillion ?

cheewgumm
03-12-2016, 02:26 PM
I know Ole Miss U is cheating because .... They are getting high ranked classes. That's all I need to know.

Coach34
03-12-2016, 03:29 PM
OM got played again just like they did for Leo. And you know what? They are gonna get played by another kid in this next recruiting class too. That's what happens when you give people envelopes before signing day. They might as well get ready for it.

mic
03-12-2016, 04:10 PM
Didn't ajbrown get on twitter calling Simmons a dirty player? All indications point to brown being a lying douche bag.

AJ dropped pass in end zone that cost them the game on 4th down.. Wide open .. Just dropped it..

Jack Lambert
03-12-2016, 06:06 PM
Ole Miss people are all pricks, LSU people are all Trash and Bama people are all kin.