Slid Lowe down vs LH'er

He did shit that made sense

Big win tonight

Coach34
03-11-2016, 11:26 PM
Looks like we gonna platoon- and thats not a bad thing

Backspin
03-11-2016, 11:34 PM
My questions going into season were hitting and bullpen...both have gotten better as season progresses and looked great tonite. Lots of tough games ahead but I agree with you Coach...give Cohen credit tonite. A complete game effort...coaching and execution.

Schultzy
03-11-2016, 11:43 PM
That was a nasty hook to K Alexander though.

Dallas_Dawg
03-12-2016, 12:14 AM
I think he sat Cody earlier just to see what we had. I look at him as the leader of the team

Dawg61
03-12-2016, 12:49 AM
I like that he let Dakota throw 115 pitches tonight

preachermatt83
03-12-2016, 01:20 AM
got to give him credit.

Rooker in the 2 hole worked vs LH'er. Rooker is killing them
Humphries should always start vs LH'er
Defensive moves on the corner OF's- especially with Cody facing the RH'er
Smith made a great catch that Rooker nor Humphries would ever make
Alexander is still overmatched at the plate though
Gridley played well
Slid Lowe down vs LH'er

He did shit that made sense

Big win tonight

Amen!

bulldogcountry1
03-12-2016, 07:24 AM
Credit where it's due. Cohen had a great lineup and made great calls when he needed to. Let's keep it going.

AROB44
03-12-2016, 08:26 AM
Great...Cohen finally listened to C34. Now if only Mullen and Howland would listen to him, we could be a powerhouse in the 3 major sports.***********

Schultzy
03-12-2016, 08:52 AM
I think he sat Cody earlier just to see what we had. I look at him as the leader of the team

He's making it difficult to ignore as an everyday starter, he may be the 4th best OF on paper but his clutch hitting and gamer mentality make our best OF IMO.

His timely hitting could be the difference between a 2 seed or hosting. Just two or three hits all season could make this difference and he's by far our best in the clutch.

To C34's point Cohen did make a lot of good moves not the least of which was putting Smith in RF. You knew the hitter was going to hit a seed right after the ump failed to ring the hitter up on an obvious call third.

If Smith doesn't make that play the momentum totally shifts and I think Oregon beats us.

Ralph
03-12-2016, 09:05 AM
Does Cohen go back to same lineup today?

msstate7
03-12-2016, 09:30 AM
Does Cohen go back to same lineup today?

Might move Gridley to SS and start Stovall at 2b, but that's only change I see

I seen it dawg
03-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Agree

basedog
03-12-2016, 09:50 AM
Players making plays now.

Taog Redloh
03-12-2016, 09:51 AM
Might move Gridley to SS and start Stovall at 2b, but that's only change I see
No way.

Right now Alexander and Stovall are interchangeable at the plate, ie not a major factor. Go with defense, and Alexander is the best on the team. If you want to start Stovall, start him at C or 3B. Stovall is going to be a great player for us and will start next year from Day 1, but not this year, especially at the expense of Gridley's defense at SS.

Coach34
03-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Players making plays now.

changes were made first- ones that were readily talked about by me and others- then the players started making more plays

dawggone
03-12-2016, 12:57 PM

Cody is the player I tell my 2 grandsons to watch and play like, he plays the game with 100% effort at all times regardless of the score or situation. That slide on Tuesday night against South Alabama epitomizes his play to me, just doing everything on a play that was sure to be an out and making something positive happen, then scored a big run off of it. Does so many team things that don't show up in box scores. He and Stovall appear to be cut from the same cloth if you ask me, just get in the dirt and play kinda guys, really fun to watch them.

dawggone
03-12-2016, 01:06 PM
Looks like we have a good problem. To many good hitters and not enough positions. Over the course of the season someone will slump and someone will have an injury, nice to know there is enough depth to carry us through those times.

basedog
03-12-2016, 01:09 PM
changes were made first- ones that were readily talked about by me and others- then the players started making more plays

I haven't watched us play much this year, so I really don't know who or where some need to play. But we shall see how good we will be shortly when SEC play starts. I thought the ump last night didn't give the pitchers the low ball and that really hurt the pitch count.

I was somewhat surprised to know that when Alexander was a 9th or 10th grader Burroughs was scouting him for us and said he could start in the infield then but would struggle at the plate. That's a strong assessment so the kid must have great potential in the field.

Coach34
03-12-2016, 03:21 PM
I haven't watched us play much this year, so I really don't know who or where some need to play. But we shall see how good we will be shortly when SEC play starts. I thought the ump last night didn't give the pitchers the low ball and that really hurt the pitch count.

I was somewhat surprised to know that when Alexander was a 9th or 10th grader Burroughs was scouting him for us and said he could start in the infield then but would struggle at the plate. That's a strong assessment so the kid must have great potential in the field.

No doubt- he's a natural defensively. He just has to work his ass off in the cage and on the tee to him close the gap at the plate.