PDA

View Full Version : Oregon game thread

Pages : 1 [2]

engie
03-11-2016, 11:17 PM
Love this win and Cohen has made some good moves tonight, but I don't understand leaving Tatum in. Save him for another game this weekend

No difference between 15 and 30. Unless he gets in trouble here, it's a nonfactor

I seen it dawg
03-11-2016, 11:18 PM
Ump costing extra pitches here.,got,to,ring that guy up a few pitches ago.

I seen it dawg
03-11-2016, 11:19 PM
No difference between 15 and 30. Unless he gets in trouble here, it's a nonfactor

Yeah he's fine. We can extend him Sunday too.

msstate7
03-11-2016, 11:20 PM

I guess so. Just thought saving this inning on his arm could help us Sunday and this is a perfect spot for one of the young guys to get an inning. Hard to question Cohen tonight though

dawgday166
03-11-2016, 11:20 PM
It's the bats***

Jobu!! He likes the rum and cigar so is helping the bats not be afraid.

Schultzy
03-11-2016, 11:21 PM
Cody Brown has earned the right to be an every day player.

Blake Smith should've called the catcher and the ump to the mound and kicked them both in the nuts. Now this dumbass is squeezing The zone on Tatum in the 9th up by 6, he needs to go back to HS and get some more games in there.

dawgday166
Cohen was very good tonight

I thought so too. Good game.

BayouDawg
Great win tonight! Bats looked good. Just gotta cut down on the walks

I seen it dawg
03-11-2016, 11:22 PM
Nice W. Shitty but effective by Hudson and the offense helped out the pen. Let's get another tomorrow. Need Sexton to have a good outing.

msstate7
03-11-2016, 11:23 PM
Very good win. Hudson, the bullpen, and marrero need to clean it up a bit, but I feel much better about our team after these last 2 games

engie
03-11-2016, 11:23 PM
Cody Brown has earned the right to be an every day player.

Humphreys is balling right now and so is Rooker. Not enough room for all of them to play every day. How they are being used right now is fine. Especially as long as they are all swinging it.

CadaverDawg
03-11-2016, 11:24 PM
Huge win!

engie
03-11-2016, 11:24 PM
Very good win. Hudson, the bullpen, and marrero need to clean it up a bit, but I feel much better about our team after these last 2 games

Marrero will be fine. Something else was going on tonight abnormal. Both teams were having trouble picking up routine pitches behind the dish.

Bucky Dog
03-11-2016, 11:25 PM
The team looks very confident and having fun. Stay out of their way Cohen and let them play. Let's sweep these mother ****ers!

msstate7
03-11-2016, 11:26 PM
Humphreys is balling right now and so is Rooker. Not enough room for all of them to play every day. How they are being used right now is fine. Especially as long as they are all swinging it.

Not sure about rooker's numbers vs rhp, but I know they're much less than vs lhp. Could be a platoon opportunity there or with hump vs rhp

Homedawg
03-11-2016, 11:28 PM

Spot on. We have 12 guys that deserve to get opportunities based on how they've played. Last time I checked can't start but 9, so got to base on matchups and go from there....our depth is good. It's a legit "problem" for some on this board. Reminds me of 89 team. Not near as good but same number of guys deserving of playing.

dawgday166
03-11-2016, 11:37 PM
Not sure about rooker's numbers vs rhp, but I know they're much less than vs lhp. Could be a platoon opportunity there or with hump vs rhp

I'm more open to platooning OFs myself, except CF. Rooker was ripping LH tonight, but was bailing like crazy on every curve thrown to him by a RH, and missing each pitch by a foot.

I personally don't like to move 2nd, SS, and 3rd tho.

If you do platoon, to me you have a vs RH lineup and a vs LH lineup and each is pretty stable IMO.

Schultzy
03-11-2016, 11:39 PM
Well ... I know that ... but if you're timing it with a calendar it does. Speed is an asset though.

Can't believe they fell for that one, it's so easy screwing with these baseball guys in game.

But I'll stand by my Cody Brown everyday lineup guy opinion. Let the other guys fight it out for AB's.

dawgday166
03-11-2016, 11:45 PM
Can't believe they fell for that one, it's so easy screwing with these baseball guys in game.

But I'll stand by my Cody Brown everyday lineup guy opinion. Let the other guys fight it out for AB's.

Haha ... yea. Trying to watch and type at same time is tough for me too.

You know ... I haven't watched Cody but 2 games now. But the way he stayed in there and handled bat against good LH breaking stuff the other night made me think he probably can hit LH pitching pretty decent. On another note ... Hump seems to be very controversial too ... yet he made 2 stellar defensive plays tonight and swung the bat well too.

Schultzy
03-12-2016, 12:15 AM
We have so many outfielders fighting for AB's and then trying to keep Collins' bat in the lineup.

If we can ever get Kruger behind the plate it's going to be a difficult lineup to face even for a Friday night guy.

Schultzy
03-12-2016, 12:39 AM

I get where you're coming from, Rooker has to play every day too and With Humps power he could be All-American with a .320 BA and how do you take Robson's skill out of the lineup?

My thing is this, Cody Brown has been clutch since the day he stepped on campus and you need guys who produce with men in scoring position.

I just think with his track record at this point you have to make him play his OUT of the lineup. But I've been partial to him ever since he beat UNM with that clutch HR on SBW when he was a freshman.