PDA

View Full Version : Grad transfers

msugolf
03-10-2016, 11:47 PM
If I'm Howland, I go after a couple of grad transfers that can play down low. We will again be hurting at the 4 position next year and we'll need that experience. Herard and Ado will be too green to depend on getting any kind of consistent production.

engie
03-11-2016, 12:00 AM
Herard and Ado will be too green to depend on getting any kind of consistent production.

No.

And we are still looking for another 4.

MarketingBully
03-11-2016, 12:06 AM
If Pearl leaves Auburn for greener pastures, I would go after Mustapha Heron. He would be the gem of our class if somehow he falls in our lap if Pearl bolts. We have plenty of PF now with Holman and Datcher. We will be fine there.

HoopsDawg
03-11-2016, 12:11 AM
If Pearl leaves Auburn for greener pastures, I would go after Mustapha Heron. He would be the gem of our class if somehow he falls in our lap if Pearl bolts. We have plenty of PF now with Holman and Datcher. We will be fine there.

Datcher is a project and you could almost say the same about Holman.

Dawg61
03-11-2016, 07:47 AM
If you want a player added somebody has to go. We are at a full 13 for next year already.

7 signees
Ready, Q, Holman, Stapelton, Strugg, Newman makes 13.

engie
03-11-2016, 08:00 AM

Plenty at PF with 2 projects -- but you think we need another shooting guard? Marketing pls

engie
03-11-2016, 08:01 AM
If you want a player added somebody has to go. We are at a full 13 for next year already.

7 signees
Ready, Q, Holman, Stapelton, Strugg, Newman makes 13.

So what you are saying is -- we have 11.

msstate7
03-11-2016, 08:23 AM
So what you are saying is -- we have 11.
Which 2 you predict are gone?

MarketingBully
03-11-2016, 08:26 AM
We will have four guys that can play both the center and power forward position. How many players do you want down there? Our starting five will look like this IMO: PG - Ready, SG - Newman (if he returns), SF - Q Spoon, PF - Mario Kegler, and C - Herard/Ado (whoever develops faster). I think Holman, Ado/Herard (whoever doesn't start), Stapleton, Wright, and Peters will play a lot of minutes off the bench. We have a pretty stacked lineup and bench already. Not sure what you guys are worried about. With the scoring options we will have at guard, we only need a serviceable four and if Kegler starts there that's more then enough. Kegler is 6'8" 230.

engie
03-11-2016, 09:01 AM
Which 2 you predict are gone?

Strugg and one of the "point" guards.

engie
03-11-2016, 09:04 AM
Kegler is going to get every opportunity to play the 3. That was the basis of our signing pitch.

The 4 is our weakest position for next year and I really don't see how it is debatable...

Dawg61
03-11-2016, 09:15 AM

I haven't seen Strugg play so idk what we've got in him. It's doubtful we land a player better than Ready and he'll be a senior so his spot is up in a year anyways. Strugg has good size and athleticism so I'm fine with giving him one year to see what he's got. Of course if we can magically add a 5* PF than Strugg can hit the bricks. I just think that's doubtful at this point.

tcdog70
03-11-2016, 09:47 AM
I thought I heard that Strugg will not be back?

trob115
03-11-2016, 09:54 AM
Kegler is going to get every opportunity to play the 3. That was the basis of our signing pitch.

The 4 is our weakest position for next year and I really don't see how it is debatable...

Kegler is going to play a lot of the stretch 4. We will be fine at the 4 , especially if Holman gets a full year of training under his belt.

Taog Redloh
03-11-2016, 10:08 AM
I agree, I wouldn't mind a big strong JUCO or something.

Thick
03-11-2016, 10:25 AM

Did I miss something? Is Pearl being courted by other schools, or is he throwing his name out there ala Mullen?

msstate7
03-11-2016, 10:40 AM

Personally I think Malik needs to concentrate on being the best 2 he can be. I just don't think he's good enough handling the ball to be a true point

Ifyouonlyknew
03-11-2016, 12:58 PM
A list of some grad transfer Big Men. Howland said he would be looking for a grad transfer.

http://georgiabasketballblog.com/2016-17-top-possible-graduate-transfers-frontcourt-edition/