PDA

View Full Version : Very disappointed tonight...

messageboardsuperhero
03-10-2016, 10:50 PM
Not because we're losing, because I wasn't really expecting to win this game- but just in the way we have played. Georgia wants it more and is playing with far more physicality and want to than us, and that is a tough way to end the season.

I for one will be glad when we finally get some big me in here who can play some defense. Ware is a liability on that end and Zuppardo is bar none one of the worst interior defenders I've ever seen. I think Herard and Ado along with a properly bulked up Holman will make a big difference for us defensively next season.

civildawg
03-10-2016, 10:53 PM
I'm just glad it's finally over to be honest with you

messageboardsuperhero
03-10-2016, 10:56 PM
I'm just glad it's finally over to be honest with you

As much as I've enjoyed watching this team over the past month, a fresh start is going to be very nice.

the59dawg
03-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Me too. I'm sick of watching all the TO's. And we just refuse to make the extra pass. Just too selfish. And what;s going on with Newman????

the59dawg
03-10-2016, 11:35 PM
And Sword gives us his grand finish in last 3 min after we had fought back to 4 pt gap: 3 wild unsuccessful attempts to score on drives and 2 unnecessary fouls so cost us the 6 pts he threw away and gave them 4 pts on FT's. good riddance

Goldendawg
03-11-2016, 12:01 AM
Sword plays like one of our running backs - run straight into the defense.

nsvltndog
03-11-2016, 12:02 AM
I'll always like Craig Sword and appreciate his contributions to our program. Until 30 minutes ago he was the SEC's active career scoring leader and he stuck with us for a really tough 4 year period when he could have easily transferred out. He was a Stansbury recruit, but can you imagine Rick Ray's teams w/o Craig Sword on them for 3 years? That's a pretty scary picture. Our 2 most reliable players all season Ware and Q had what was likely each of their worst conference games of the year and we still had a shot to pull it out until about the 90 second mark. I'm glad we are reloading, but "good riddance" seems a bit harsh.

tcdog70
03-11-2016, 10:33 AM
And Sword gives us his grand finish in last 3 min after we had fought back to 4 pt gap: 3 wild unsuccessful attempts to score on drives and 2 unnecessary fouls so cost us the 6 pts he threw away and gave them 4 pts on FT's. good riddance

He did the same thing that had been keeping us in the game. the only difference the Refs swallowed their whistles at the end. Without Chicken we would have lost by 30.

confucius say
03-11-2016, 10:43 AM
Meh, we just didn't make shots. We played with effort. Got stops on 11 of 12 possessions late and just couldn't knock down good looks. Missed 12 of last 14 shots. That's the story.

mic
03-11-2016, 11:39 AM
Meh, we just didn't make shots. We played with effort. Got stops on 11 of 12 possessions late and just couldn't knock down good looks. Missed 12 of last 14 shots. That's the story.

Correct...

messageboardsuperhero
03-11-2016, 11:46 AM

We played with good effort the last 10 minutes. When I made the original post (30 minutes into the game) we were not playing with much intensity... That's what was frustrating.

MarketingBully
03-11-2016, 12:35 PM
That was the story of this team and the seniors. Don't play well the first half. Get down by 12-15 points. Then make a frantic come back at the end of the game. Get within one possession. Then make stupid mistakes to lose the game at the end. Sword played hard and played hurt but he was a big turnover machine that would make as many good plays as bad ones. Seniors played hard (not smart). I commend them for sticking with us for four years but they still will go down as the biggest losers we have had in over 30 years. Hate it for them. Glad we can close that chapter though. I am looking forward to next year.

HoopsDawg
03-11-2016, 12:43 PM

If Q knocks down that wide open 3 it's a 2 point game. He usually makes that shot.

confucius say
03-11-2016, 01:55 PM
If Q knocks down that wide open 3 it's a 2 point game. He usually makes that shot.

And ready missed a wide open one the previous possession.

mic
03-11-2016, 02:18 PM
UGA has our number in hoops.. I think that's like 8 of 9....
Shit they beat us playing their second game in one day few years back....