PDA

View Full Version : I saw on Dave Brandt's Twitter where.....

Liverpooldawg
03-10-2016, 08:42 PM
Dan Mullen is going to run in the Boston Marathon. Awesome!

somebodyshotmypaw
03-10-2016, 08:47 PM
You have to qualify for Boston, which Mullen has not. He is getting in the race on an Adidas sponsor slot. It will be interesting to see his time. He better strain.

Liverpooldawg
03-10-2016, 08:51 PM
If he finishes, awesome!

PassInterference
03-10-2016, 08:55 PM
Better eat his chicken wings.

TheRef
03-10-2016, 09:00 PM
He's running the Boston Marathon the Monday after the Spring Game.

Jarius
03-10-2016, 10:53 PM
I find it interesting that a football coach in the SEC had enough time to train for a marathon that falls just a few months after signing day. Training would have needed to start back during the peak of recruiting season to prepare adequately.

Liverpooldawg
03-10-2016, 11:04 PM
I find it interesting that a football coach in the SEC had enough time to train for a marathon that falls just a few months after signing day. Training would have needed to start back during the peak of recruiting season to prepare adequately.

My understanding is he runs pretty much every day. Personally I think it's nuts but if you want to find time to do it you can. I know a guy that did it. He worked a full time job that takes as least as much time as SEC coaching and he did it for several consecutive years.. He didn't have a sponsor's berth either, he had to qualify. Take that crap elsewhere.

msstate7
03-10-2016, 11:14 PM
He'll do anything to get out of recruiting**

Apoplectic
03-10-2016, 11:40 PM

For a consistent runner, finishing a marathon under 8 hrs is not a big deal - you can walk it in that time.

Liverpooldawg
03-10-2016, 11:44 PM
The guy I know did his first one in his early 60s. Much respect.

Jarius
03-10-2016, 11:45 PM
My understanding is he runs pretty much every day. Personally I think it's nuts but if you want to find time to do it you can. I know a guy that did it. He worked a full time job that takes as least as much time as SEC coaching and he did it for several consecutive years.. He didn't have a sponsor's berth either, he had to qualify. Take that crap elsewhere.

I simply said it was interesting, and with our mediocre recruiting coupled with reasons people from our back yard say they don't want to come to our school it fits the narrative. I've ran marathons (Doing the tough mudder next month as well). It takes a lot of my time and I certainly wouldn't be able to do it if I had to work 20 hour days on the recruiting trail in January /February...then again maybe our coaches weren't working that hard. Doesn't seem like they were with the results we got. Or maybe it's nothing and he will be walking half of it. Just something for discussion. Not saying it is or is not any sort of factor, but it's something to think about.

notsofarawaydawg
03-11-2016, 12:00 AM
I simply said it was interesting, and with our mediocre recruiting coupled with reasons people from our back yard say they don't want to come to our school it fits the narrative. I've ran marathons (Doing the tough mudder next month as well). It takes a lot of my time and I certainly wouldn't be able to do it if I had to work 20 hour days on the recruiting trail in January /February...then again maybe our coaches weren't working that hard. Doesn't seem like they were with the results we got. Or maybe it's nothing and he will be walking half of it. Just something for discussion. Not saying it is or is not any sort of factor, but it's something to think about.

Why don't you take your shit to another board? What do you do, sit outside his house and count every minute of his day? You ****ing retards need a life where you really do work coaches hours. You have no say so about his private life. Damn fans need to move on and get off his back. Of course we can also think about the fact that you spend too much time on this board, therefore you do a shitty job for your employer too.

Apoplectic
03-11-2016, 12:05 AM
45 min three days a week and he can finish under 6 hrs at his age. Suspect he is a 6am running so not much recruiting happening at that time. Complain about Holloway at #1 - that's the head scratcher!!

Jarius
03-11-2016, 12:05 AM
Why don't you take your shit to another board? What do you do, sit outside his house and count every minute of his day? You ****ing retards need a life where you really do work coaches hours. You have no say so about his private life. Damn fans need to move on and get off his back. Of course we can also think about the fact that you spend too much time on this board, therefore you do a shitty job for your employer too.

I don't think I spend very much time on this board at all. I think you should change your tampon though. You are welcome to Review my NCOERs for the past 4 years which all recommend me to be promoted ahead of my peers. My entire family is in the coaching profession and one is in the MS coaching hall of fame. I know their hours and I also know he never had the time to run a marathon. Maybe Dan does. I don't know or pretend to know his daily routine. I brought up a topic, not a judgement. It's interesting.

Liverpooldawg
03-11-2016, 12:07 AM

It sounds like Mullen is more of a man than you are then. Take your crap elsewhere.

Jarius
03-11-2016, 12:11 AM
45 min three days a week and he can finish under 6 hrs at his age. Suspect he is a 6am running so not much recruiting happening at that time. Complain about Holloway at #1 - that's the head scratcher!!
If you plan on running a marathon you should probably quadruple that time at a minimum

Jarius
03-11-2016, 12:15 AM
It sounds like Mullen is more of a man than you are then. Take your crap elsewhere.

Maybe he is. Maybe we could run together some day. Or maybe you can come for a run with me and show me how big of a man you are. Hope you can keep up!

Liverpooldawg
03-11-2016, 12:19 AM
Maybe he is. Maybe we could run together some day. Or maybe you can come for a run with me and show me how big of a man you are. Hope you can keep up!

I didn't say anything about me. I would have a hard time running across the street. I would say your response proves my point. Take it elsewhere.

Jarius
03-11-2016, 12:22 AM
I didn't say anything about me. I would have a hard time running across the street. I would say your response proves my point. Take it elsewhere.

So salty.

Apoplectic
03-11-2016, 02:51 AM
If you plan on running a marathon you should probably quadruple that time at a minimum

Got 10 under my belt with this method but those 45 min have to be sub 7s

State82
03-11-2016, 06:58 AM
Well, you gals just wasted 60 seconds of my time to peruse this thread. Thanks. My bad.

I seen it dawg
03-11-2016, 07:01 AM
Lol yeah this thread is full of ****

LandsurveyorDawg
03-11-2016, 07:19 AM
Anyone who runs is a VC. Anyone who stands still is a well-disciplined VC!

dickiedawg
03-11-2016, 08:42 AM

How the hell did this troll last more than 200 posts?

Jarius
03-11-2016, 10:25 AM
Got 10 under my belt with this method but those 45 min have to be sub 7s

That's impressive.

Jarius
03-11-2016, 10:30 AM
How the hell did this troll last more than 200 posts?

A soccer fan calling me a troll? Oh noooo

It_Could_Happen
03-11-2016, 10:41 AM
A soccer fan calling me a troll? Oh noooo

Somebody get this guy out of here goodness it shouldn't have taken this long.

Jarius
03-11-2016, 10:50 AM
Somebody get this guy out of here goodness it shouldn't have taken this long.

Man, I'm sorry. Not a troll. Probably slept through more games at Davis Wade than you've been to. Have a good one.

SheltonChoked
03-11-2016, 10:55 AM
It's an hour of running a day to train. Plus a long run a week of maybe 2 hours. I think he can work it in.

rbdog82
03-11-2016, 11:52 AM
Boston isn't actually that difficult of a course. Downhill the first 12-13 miles and "Heartbreak Hill" at 20-21 has nothing on some of the hills in Jackson. MS Blues Marathon is much tougher. That being said, the Boston Marathon experience can't be beat.

Taog Redloh
03-11-2016, 11:57 AM
He must be gunning for the Boston College job. Addazio is probably gonna get canned next year.