PDA

View Full Version : Tatum may start Sunday

Todd4State
03-10-2016, 07:12 PM
Or game three. If there is one.

Don't like that it potentially weakens our bullpen- Cohen did offer the caveat "if Tatum hasn't pitched yet". Do like that it may make our rotation stronger. And I'm glad we aren't going with Daniel Brown while he is struggling. He has good stuff and the potential to be a SEC starter- but he HAS to get his command better. I don't know that moving him to the bullpen is the answer although it might be- command issues kind of worry me about any pitcher in any role. It may be that some of his command issues are because he is trying to map out how to get through an order 2-3 times.

It also seems like we are convincing Houston to be a relief guy and his last couple of outings have been productive. Blake Smith has been pretty badass though.

It also may mean going forward we may see Breaux and Small pitch some out of the bullpen- it may not be this weekend since we have two midweek games in a row, but after that I could see that being a possibility.

Coach34
03-10-2016, 08:02 PM
1) Is Smith a Righty or Lefty? We need two badasses to we can look to starting the 7th inning. A lefty to go with Houston would be ideal

2) Breaux and Small need to be long relief. Have them que'ed up and ready to go if anything starts going bad wrong with our SP

I seen it dawg
03-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Brown if he can get right would be great with Houston as short matchup guys to bridge to get to Smith who should be the closer. Agree with the 2 freshman leftys in long roles.

Todd4State
03-10-2016, 09:00 PM
Smith is a RH pitcher and it's hard to argue that he shouldn't be the closer. He is unique in that he can go long or short- and he was even more dominant in short relief.

When we first acquired Brown, we were hoping he would be kind of like Lindgren in a relief role. I hope he can get it together.

State82
03-10-2016, 09:05 PM
Blake Smith is right handed

Coach34
03-10-2016, 09:18 PM
Thats ok two have to RH'ers down the stretch as long as there is a LH'er available for a match-up here and there. Maybe Young could be that guy for us

preachermatt83
03-10-2016, 09:39 PM
Padgett should pitch more imo

preachermatt83
03-10-2016, 09:40 PM
And Hughes less