PDA

View Full Version : Someone please tweet our AD about our IDPF.

DanDority
03-10-2016, 11:55 AM
Why in the F is our indoor practice facility not finished after 7 years.

Big4Dawg
03-10-2016, 12:04 PM
Paint the f'ing exposed wood and it would look 100% better

thf24
03-10-2016, 12:08 PM
Why is the wood even there? Noise? Whatever purpose it serves, surely they could come up with something more aesthetically pleasing and less hick-looking than bare plywood.

HSVDawg
03-10-2016, 12:09 PM

Not sure if serious. First off, the IPF is a lot older than 7 years, it was finished around 2005 or so way back when LT was still here. Secondly, it is definitely finished. Its a piece of shit, but its a finished piece of shit.

maroonmania
03-10-2016, 12:11 PM
Are we talking about the Palmeiro Center or something else?

Big4Dawg
03-10-2016, 12:15 PM
Are we talking about the Palmeiro Center or something else?

Yes

DanDority
03-10-2016, 12:15 PM
Yes, I'm talking about the Palmeiro Center. Yes, I am very serious! Paint the Fing wood or put up padding WHOLEY BUCKETS it's not rocket science.

gtowndawg
03-10-2016, 12:25 PM
I had a former baseball player tell me the wood was there for baseball. So balls would not punch thru the walls I guess??? Remember, it was meant for baseball and football right?

TheRef
03-10-2016, 12:27 PM
Dan hates using it. If Dan had it his way, he wouldn't have an indoor facility from what I understand.

mparkerfd20
03-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Then let Dan go build his own darn IDPF. Nothing wrong with the one we have.

TheRef
03-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Then let Dan go build his own darn IDPF. Nothing wrong with the one we have.

No...like he doesn't want an IDPF at all. He would prefer all of the fields to be outdoor.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-10-2016, 12:32 PM
No...like he doesn't want an IDPF at all. He would prefer all of the fields to be outdoor.

Bingo! If Dan wanted a new IPF we'd have 1. He hates having to use the Palmeiro but when it's lightning & such he has no choice.

Bothrops
03-10-2016, 12:44 PM
From what I've been told, Palmeiro Center will be the next major project after the baseball stadium. That may be awhile yet.

ShotgunDawg
03-10-2016, 12:46 PM
And to add:

Recruits don't make decisions off of an IPF.

Alabama's is just as bad as ours
Georgia & Florida are finally building one, after not ever having one.

If we are going dump money into something, the IPF is not the place to do it. Money should go towards locker rooms, training rooms, weight rooms, recruiting budget, extra staffing, & recruiting

maroonmania
03-10-2016, 12:55 PM
Dan hates using it. If Dan had it his way, he wouldn't have an indoor facility from what I understand.

If Dan had his way? I would assume he pretty much 100% has his way as to where he holds his football practices. I certainly don't see anyone making him use an IPF if he doesn't want to.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-10-2016, 01:00 PM
If Dan had his way? I would assume he pretty much 100% has his way as to where he holds his football practices. I certainly don't see anyone making him use an IPF if he doesn't want to.

He only uses it when it's bad weather.

Dawg496
03-10-2016, 01:20 PM
He only uses it when it's bad weather.

First time I've seen anyone use pronouns when speaking in the third person about themselves.

PheonixRising
03-10-2016, 01:25 PM
Why is the wood even there? Noise? Whatever purpose it serves, surely they could come up with something more aesthetically pleasing and less hick-looking than bare plywood.

Fastballs to the walls does permanent damage. The plywood is there a sacrificial panels. Replaced often. It very common.

dawggoneit
03-10-2016, 01:27 PM
Heard him say "if we are going to be playing in the weather, we're going to practice in the same weather."

shannondawg
03-10-2016, 01:39 PM
Damm we really got a lot to bitch about.

Liverpooldawg
03-10-2016, 01:53 PM
Heard him say "if we are going to be playing in the weather, we're going to practice in the same weather."

Which is exactly the way it should be. IPFs a are just a expensive piece of fluff and maybe a recruiting tool.

CadaverDawg
03-10-2016, 02:33 PM
I tweeted him. Feel free to retweet. He didn't respond. I don't care if the walls look like shit if tv crews aren't going to be in there....but they are. So if we're going to have our IPF plastered all over the SEC Network, can we at least make it look less shitty by throwing a coat of paint on it or something? Looks like an unfinished, low cost, piece of shit that we didn't have the funds to finish the walls of....not an SEC facility named after one of our best ever players.

But that's just me. Hell, EliteDawgs can have a BBQ up there one day and paint it for no charge if it will save the embarrassment of that plywood every time we see it on tv. Might as well let Cows graze the football field while we're at it....will save us some mowing expenses during the summer.*

Ralph
03-10-2016, 02:39 PM
Shout out to the designers of a baseball IDPF that didnt think about balls puncturing the walls*

DancingRabbit
03-10-2016, 02:50 PM
Shout out to the designers of a baseball IDPF that didnt think about balls puncturing the walls*

Foil Wyatt was the architect, but LT probably deserves most of the credit.

Thick
03-10-2016, 02:59 PM
Man, we talking about an IPF...an IPF. We not talking about DWS, we talking about an IPF. We having pro day with Dak and Chris Jones and the SEC network on campus, and we talking about the IPF, not DWS, but the IPF! What are we talking about DWS? Nah man, we talking about the IPF, man!

BossDawg
03-10-2016, 03:39 PM
I had a former baseball player tell me the wood was there for baseball. So balls would not punch thru the walls I guess??? Remember, it was meant for baseball and football right?

I've heard that, too. But surely there's a material out there that looks much, much better than exposed wood and is baseball proof. The wood paneling in there looks like ass.

NYDawg
03-10-2016, 06:39 PM
Man, we talking about an IPF...an IPF. We not talking about DWS, we talking about an IPF. We having pro day with Dak and Chris Jones and the SEC network on campus, and we talking about the IPF, not DWS, but the IPF! What are we talking about DWS? Nah man, we talking about the IPF, man!

Thanks, Iverson.

SheltonChoked
03-10-2016, 06:41 PM
The reason there is still unpainted wood there is it is still used for multiple sports. A green backdrop makes it hard to see a football. A color that is easy to spot a footbal makes it hard to see a baseball. Both are easier to see of the natural wood.

Cowbellringer
03-10-2016, 06:50 PM

In their defense, bunts don't puncture walls.

RAYn_Man
03-10-2016, 06:54 PM
How many of y'all have ever been in the IPF? Y'all are acting like we boarded it up with plywood for a hurricane or something. It is finished wood paneling that looks fine in person and definitely serves its purpose. Much nicer than the inside of other SEC IPFs.

Harrydawg
03-10-2016, 07:22 PM
Well, everyone would have assumed we were under some sort of renovation but now you had to tell em it's always like this.....thanks a lot bitch

CadaverDawg
03-10-2016, 07:25 PM
How many of y'all have ever been in the IPF? Y'all are acting like we boarded it up with plywood for a hurricane or something. It is finished wood paneling that looks fine in person and definitely serves its purpose. Much nicer than the inside of other SEC IPFs.

Well on tv where 99.9% of people see it, it looks like shit.

Harrydawg
03-10-2016, 09:24 PM
What else are you going to put up that can have baseballs bounce of it constantly and not show it?

RougeDawg
03-10-2016, 09:29 PM
In their defense, bunts don't puncture walls.

I laughed. Maybe this is the true thing to blame for "Hitting Guru's" offensive prowess.

Liverpooldawg
03-10-2016, 09:41 PM
Well on tv where 99.9% of people see it, it looks like shit.

99.9% of people NEVER see it, on TV or otherwise. I mean come on, you guys actually watched PRO DAY? In my best Judge Smails voice: Don't you people have JOBS? LOL.

gravedigger
03-10-2016, 10:07 PM

Worst thread ever. It was given to us. It's not a TV studio. But Dan has had the team use it plenty in good weather. And Dan got his own facility besides. We are talking about wooden walls. So, is the shade of green on the turf to your liking? Or is that embarrassing?

engie
03-10-2016, 11:49 PM
What else are you going to put up that can have baseballs bounce of it constantly and not show it?

Lot of high gloss plastics out there that can be purchased in sheets and used as modern paneling. I've been messing with UHMW lately which is actually a polymer. Probably would outlast the steel in the joint. Not sure on figuring out the acoustics though...

DanDority
03-11-2016, 09:28 AM
Yes, Engie. you are correct about the high gloss plastics known in the Agricultural world as High impact plastics which just about taken the place of sheet metal in tractors and some implements. It seems like it could just be too easy of a fix for us because we have a lot loafer lovers and apologists on this board and throughout the University instead of doing something that would and could make us look a little like an SEC program, but No, you are just a complainer and never happy. Damn, with all the extra revenue we have coming in some are happy with just hiring a couple extra assistant athletic directors! BIG GOVERNMENT run a muck!

archdog
03-11-2016, 11:07 AM

The plywood is there so baseballs do not penetrate the vinyl faced blanket insulation that typically provides your vapor barrier and insulation value to a pre-engineered metal building system. It also protects the players from hitting an exposed wall girt. Paint is the easiest way to make it look better, but with multiple impacts during baseball practice, its going to look bad pretty quickly. A nice stained opaque stained surface would hold up better over the long term.

archdog
03-11-2016, 11:13 AM
Plastic would not be ideal. It would have the potential to look like the interior of a Chick Fil-a play house. Also those plastics would be too expensive to get the thickness required to withstand a baseball impact.

Plywood is the best answer, but I would paint it out.

Acoustically, hell this isn't a recording studio. The turf does more thank the walls ever could anyway. Best bet is to attach wall padding, but that looks like hell sometimes too.

Bottom line, Dan and MSU just needs to hire me to design a new one. Give me anything between 10-45 million. 10 million to have a perfectly usable space that will not embarrass us when we see it on ESPN. 45 million to get something that would make Oregon jealous. Money can buy happiness.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-11-2016, 11:20 AM
Bottom line, Dan and MSU just needs to hire me to design a new one. Give me anything between 10-45 million. 10 million to have a perfectly usable space that will not embarrass us when we see it on ESPN. 45 million to get something that would make Oregon jealous. Money can buy happiness.

This is the key point Dan doesn't want a new IPF. With all the upgrades he's asked for & received if he really wanted an IPF we could've & still could turn the practice field closest to the Seal into an IPF. Just build around the field & put a sidewalk/walkway from the weight room into that end zone. If we ever decide we want an improved IPF that would be my suggestion.

Barking 13
03-11-2016, 02:48 PM
All I noticed was the damn fire alarm or whatever in the background that drove me nuts...