PDA

View Full Version : Who was b!+Ching about Collins earlier.....

coastratdog
03-08-2016, 10:06 PM
She keeps swinging the bat I'd give him an error a game.

I seen it dawg
03-08-2016, 10:42 PM
I was because he couldn't get his ****ing head screwed on straight. You can't hit bombs when you can't find your way onto the field. I can live with his lack of defense if he keeps hitting like some of us knew he could. We have to have his bat in the middle (not the ****ing 2 hole) of the lineup for us to have a chance at success this year. Been preaching that from day 1. If he can stay right his play at third will get better bc he's hitting.

Coach34
03-08-2016, 11:02 PM

Where we you when he was hitting .250?

As I Seen It said- we've always thought his bat was needed for us to be successful. He just doesnt really have a position- and thats a problem. Lon Kruger has to DH because he cant throw yet- and to go along with that- Marrero is the best young catcher we have had in a long damn time. He has an outstanding glove and will eventually hit.

When you hit the ball and get your head on straight- there is always somewhere for you to play

confucius say
03-08-2016, 11:08 PM

Guilty

Backwoodsdawg
03-08-2016, 11:21 PM

I'm just glad he obviously reads elitedawgs too!!!

dawgday166
03-09-2016, 06:14 AM
I think if you stick him at 3rd, leave him there and practice his butt off there, I think he can play there. Playing catcher previously lends itself to being able to transition to 3rd from a fielding and throwing standpoint some IMO. He just needs to be drilled over and over on situational baseball IMO. Get him into more of a comfort zone and make things more instinctive for him.

engie
03-09-2016, 08:00 AM
The same ones that are on Lowe's ass right now. Even as he starts to show signs of coming to life as well.

basedog
03-09-2016, 08:22 AM
Man, I thought it was bad for Mullen and his success in winning, but reading the post about Cohen and his ability as a Coach may be "Croom Style". With only a few weeks of baseball the world has stopped turning according to so many.
I'm not sure how this season will play out, we should know when the SEC action starts.

messageboardsuperhero
03-09-2016, 08:39 AM
The same ones that are on Lowe's ass right now. Even as he starts to show signs of coming to life as well.

What I don't get about Lowe is that the same people who get pissed at Cohen for fiddling with the lineup are the ones getting pissed about him sticking with Lowe. They've said for years now that Cohen needs to know who his best nine are and stay with them all season- even through slumps. Well that's exactly what he's doing with Lowe, but these people are getting upset for simply doing what they "say" they want him to do. It's ****ing stupid and it's apparent that the guy has already lost no matter what he does in the minds' of many.

If you're going to criticize Cohen, at least be consistent with the criteria by which you judge him.

mparkerfd20
03-09-2016, 09:52 AM
Lowe should stay in the lineup, but should NOT be batting 3rd of 4th. I'd move him down to 7,8, or 9.

engie
03-09-2016, 10:06 AM
Man, I thought it was bad for Mullen and his success in winning, but reading the post about Cohen and his ability as a Coach may be "Croom Style". With only a few weeks of baseball the world has stopped turning according to so many.
I'm not sure how this season will play out, we should know when the SEC action starts.

We're 1.5 games behind where we need to be at this point. More like 1 behind after the win last night. If we manage to take 2 this weekend -- we are right back to within a half game or so of where we need to be.

I just don't understand the freak outs. Yea -- we dropped some games early to good teams. Which anyone with a lick of sense that was paying attention knew would happen. Yeah -- Cohen is tinkering -- it's just who he is. It might cost us games early, but there has been a couple of seasons where it gave them back to us on the back end because we know our identity better than anyone by then.

I tell you what he does do -- he gives guys that show some nuts under the bright lights a chance. Regardless of age and experience. That's all it takes -- put on your big boy panties and deal with his situational shit -- or -- gasp -- be a guy that gets better with pressure(whether real or implied) and he rewards you big time. For minimal actual success. I don't get how people don't love this about him -- much less have decided that they hate it and preferred the Ron Polk way? Hell, I'm fired up just thinking about the opportunities to play baseball available at MSU now. I love that. There are a lot of guys like me that were not one of Polk's 5-6/yr baseball signees who virtually signed 4 year scholarships even if they ended up being terrible appreciate the shit out of the pretty much fully capitalistic program Cohen has established.

Took Breaux a grand f'n total of 10 pitches to earn his first start. 10 pitches with nuts on the line as a true freshman. Took him 29 more to put himself in line for a weekend starting gig in the SEC with one more bad outing from Brown or Sexton. Half a single decent bullpen session worth of pitches -- and he's gone from a bench option to a possible SEC starter as a true freshman. I LOVE that about Cohen's approach.

He's not even close to perfect -- but this place would be a lot more even-keel if some of you f'ers would spend half as much time looking at the obvious positives as you do digging deep for negatives.

engie
03-09-2016, 10:08 AM
Lowe should stay in the lineup, but should NOT be batting 3rd of 4th. I'd move him down to 7,8, or 9.

Why? I thought you wanted consistent lineups? He's given you that.

"Put the best players in and let them play" -- He does that -- and you want him to tinker? Figure out what you want and define it for me. Please.

Lowe is going to smash. It's a matter of time IMO.

ETA: If you are going to move him down the lineup -- essentially you are asking for Gordon to take his spot. Because Gordon can swing a power stick as well and also looks good at the plate.

Coach34
03-09-2016, 10:36 AM
Lowe was hitting 3rd and was clearly not ready for the job yet. Our 3-hole hitter was obvious to everybody except Cohen.

engie
03-09-2016, 11:04 AM
Lowe was hitting 3rd and was clearly not ready for the job yet. Our 3-hole hitter was obvious to everybody except Cohen.

Brett Pirtle.

When Cohen sticks with a guy like to the extent that he has with Lowe -- it is obvious there is something there.

Coach34
03-09-2016, 11:28 AM
Brett Pirtle.

When Cohen sticks with a guy like to the extent that he has with Lowe -- it is obvious there is something there.

Lowe has talent- nobody is saying he doesnt. He just wasnt ready for the 3-hole. And Brett Pirtle spent time in the bottom of the order before he got going.

I seen it dawg
03-09-2016, 02:19 PM
We really need Lowe to hit in the cleanup spot to split Kruger and Collins. We really need to play this weekend to get him going.

basedog
03-09-2016, 03:24 PM
We're 1.5 games behind where we need to be at this point. More like 1 behind after the win last night. If we manage to take 2 this weekend -- we are right back to within a half game or so of where we need to be.

I just don't understand the freak outs. Yea -- we dropped some games early to good teams. Which anyone with a lick of sense that was paying attention knew would happen. Yeah -- Cohen is tinkering -- it's just who he is. It might cost us games early, but there has been a couple of seasons where it gave them back to us on the back end because we know our identity better than anyone by then.

I tell you what he does do -- he gives guys that show some nuts under the bright lights a chance. Regardless of age and experience. That's all it takes -- put on your big boy panties and deal with his situational shit -- or -- gasp -- be a guy that gets better with pressure(whether real or implied) and he rewards you big time. For minimal actual success. I don't get how people don't love this about him -- much less have decided that they hate it and preferred the Ron Polk way? Hell, I'm fired up just thinking about the opportunities to play baseball available at MSU now. I love that. There are a lot of guys like me that were not one of Polk's 5-6/yr baseball signees who virtually signed 4 year scholarships even if they ended up being terrible appreciate the shit out of the pretty much fully capitalistic program Cohen has established.

Took Breaux a grand f'n total of 10 pitches to earn his first start. 10 pitches with nuts on the line as a true freshman. Took him 29 more to put himself in line for a weekend starting gig in the SEC with one more bad outing from Brown or Sexton. Half a single decent bullpen session worth of pitches -- and he's gone from a bench option to a possible SEC starter as a true freshman. I LOVE that about Cohen's approach.

He's not even close to perfect -- but this place would be a lot more even-keel if some of you f'ers would spend half as much time looking at the obvious positives as you do digging deep for negatives.

+1

Coach34
03-09-2016, 06:47 PM
We really need Lowe to hit in the cleanup spot to split Kruger and Collins. We really need to play this weekend to get him going.

That would certainly be best case scenario

1. Robson
2. Brown
3. Lon
4. Lowe
5. Collins

That would be the best thing we could roll out there night after night

mic
03-09-2016, 07:11 PM

1. Robson
2. Brown
3. Lon
4. Lowe
5. Collins

And if they throw a LH bat Stovall 2 hole...

weblow
03-09-2016, 07:18 PM
I was bitching about him. Glad his bar has come alive but still believe he is a liability at 3rd base and it will cost us.

I seen it dawg
03-09-2016, 07:38 PM
It's a net result. Yeah he's gonna make some mistakes but his offense will outweigh it. At least that's the early returns.

Coach34
03-09-2016, 08:05 PM
And if they throw a LH bat Stovall 2 hole...

I disagree with you there. I prefer a Jr Brown vs a Freshman Stovall no matter what arm they throw with.

mic
03-09-2016, 08:11 PM
I disagree with you there. I prefer a Jr Brown vs a Freshman Stovall no matter what arm they throw with.

I don't mind Brown there , I just question if Cohen will play him against a LH... He should play no matter what but this is CJC ....
And if a LH is throwing do we really want to go.. Left , left, right , left....????

mic
03-09-2016, 08:12 PM
I was bitching about him. Glad his bar has come alive but still believe he is a liability at 3rd base and it will cost us.

If we have the lead going into the late innings we make the defensive switch.. Collins is hitting well he 100% has to be in lineup..

Political Hack
03-09-2016, 09:06 PM

1. Robson
2. Brown
3. Lon
4. Lowe
5. Collins

If we can get that 1-5 rolling, it would be a hell of a line up. The great thing is there's still a lot of talent after those 5 to work with.

Coach34
03-09-2016, 09:19 PM
I don't mind Brown there , I just question if Cohen will play him against a LH... He should play no matter what but this is CJC ....
And if a LH is throwing do we really want to go.. Left , left, right , left....????

vs LH'er bat Collins 4th, Rooker 5th, and Lowe 6th

Brando
03-09-2016, 09:21 PM
If we can get that 1-5 rolling, it would be a hell of a line up. The great thing is there's still a lot of talent after those 5 to work with.

That 1-5 wpuld be deadly! Especially if Lowe gets going. That would Kruger good pictchea due to Lowe and Collins behind him. If Collins keep swinging it hot, Lowe will get better pithes in front of him. Lowe has been hitting balls hard, just right at people. They will fond the holes, and they will eventually find that short left field porch. He is going to smash, just gotta be patient.

Political Hack
03-09-2016, 09:50 PM
And Robson and Cody on the base path early and often is exactly what you want. That gets them there and gets them moving.