PDA

View Full Version : Titans get DeMarco Murray

Coach34
03-07-2016, 10:10 PM
pretty much a done deal on Tonsil too most likely unless somebody wows them with a trade

Dallas_Dawg
03-07-2016, 10:19 PM
Can't believe that the Titans aren't going to look at Big Softie's injury history and see that there is too much risk.
Peter King recently wrote an article about the dangers of drafting an OL very high. Luke Joekel, Eric Fisher etc haven't panned out.

Coach34
03-07-2016, 11:16 PM
They need an OT too bad. Too bad its not a year later- there would be better options for them. The A&M DE, Fournette, DE from Auburn...

Blackout
03-07-2016, 11:39 PM
RB ain't never going that high again.

See: Richardson, Trent.

Coach34
03-07-2016, 11:45 PM
RB ain't never going that high again.

See: Richardson, Trent.

Fournette will be a top 5 pick...guaranteed. He's a gamechanger

Commercecomet24
03-08-2016, 12:17 AM
Fournette is s generational type talent. Reminiscent of Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker. He ain't no Trent Richardson.

Dawg61
03-08-2016, 12:45 AM
Titans can move Loewen? from LT to RT (his natural position) by adding Tunsil. They are also rumored to be eyeing Derrick Henry for their 2nd pick. Pair Henry with Murray and with Mariotta leading them they might be improved quite a bit next year. On offense.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-08-2016, 08:21 AM
Ezekiel Elliot will go top 10 this year. Next year you have at least 2 Top 10 RB in Fournette & Dalvin Cook & then see how Chubb recovers.

Dawg61
03-08-2016, 08:26 AM
Ezekiel Elliot will go top 10 this year. Next year you have at least 2 Top 10 RB in Fournette & Dalvin Cook & then see how Chubb recovers.

Myles Jack count? He will be a top 5 pick this year I think and he's a better RB than LB

thf24
03-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Titans can move Loewen? from LT to RT (his natural position) by adding Tunsil. They are also rumored to be eyeing Derrick Henry for their 2nd pick. Pair Henry with Murray and with Mariotta leading them they might be improved quite a bit next year. On offense.

Makes sense, but I've heard the issue there is that it would be hard to justify paying Lewan LT money to play RT for the rest of his contract while paying out a 1st overall contract to Tunsil.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-08-2016, 09:56 AM
Myles Jack count? He will be a top 5 pick this year I think and he's a better RB than LB

Jack would be successful at any position guy is just a freak. I'm not sure he goes top 5. Where do you see him going in the top 5?

NeshobaChuck
03-08-2016, 11:49 AM
I'm a Titans fan love the fact we picked up Murray if we can just get that offensive line right we will be just fine

fishwater99
03-08-2016, 12:23 PM
Any chance they trade down? Who else is really high on the draft board this year?

Five-tool Poster
03-08-2016, 12:51 PM
I'd be very disappointed if we took anyone other than Tunsil

Dawg61
03-08-2016, 12:51 PM
Jack would be successful at any position guy is just a freak. I'm not sure he goes top 5. Where do you see him going in the top 5?

The mock C34 posted with Chris Jones going #21 has Jack going 5th to the Jags

Ifyouonlyknew
03-08-2016, 01:21 PM
The mock C34 posted with Chris Jones going #21 has Jack going 5th to the Jags

No I meant you personally where do you see him going in the top 5. Which team?

Dawg61
03-08-2016, 01:43 PM
No I meant you personally where do you see him going in the top 5. Which team?

Cowboys or Jags. Jags took Dante Fowler last year with their 3rd pick and he got hurt before the season started. They have the chance to add Fowler and Jack to their defense this year and I just don't see them passing that up. I'm liking what the London Jaguars are building.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-08-2016, 01:55 PM
Cowboys or Jags. Jags took Dante Fowler last year with their 3rd pick and he got hurt before the season started. They have the chance to add Fowler and Jack to their defense this year and I just don't see them passing that up. I'm liking what the London Jaguars are building.

I love Jack but if I'm the Jags I'm praying that Jalen Ramsey is there at 5. I think he's the best player in the draft period this year.

Coach34
03-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Cowboys need a pass rusher, a CB, and a back-up QB. They need to take a DE with their 1st pick and then decide between Redmond or Prescott with their 2nd pick

Ifyouonlyknew
03-08-2016, 01:58 PM
Cowboys need a pass rusher, a CB, and a back-up QB. They need to take a DE with their 1st pick and then decide between Redmond or Prescott with their 2nd pick

Deforest Buckner is a name that's becoming popular with the Cowboys.

Tbonewannabe
03-08-2016, 01:58 PM
Any chance they trade down? Who else is really high on the draft board this year?

Everyone is saying Titans want to trade back but no one wants to give them anything for the pick. They aren't going to get multiple high picks for the #1 this year.

Dawg61
03-08-2016, 02:00 PM
I love Jack but if I'm the Jags I'm praying that Jalen Ramsey is there at 5. I think he's the best player in the draft period this year.

Jags are sitting pretty with that 5th pick. Ramsey would be a huge pull for them. I would take Ramsey over Jack too but I just don't see Ramsey still sitting there at 5.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-08-2016, 02:02 PM
Jags are sitting pretty with that 5th pick. Ramsey would be a huge pull for them. I would take Ramsey over Jack too but I just don't see Ramsey still sitting there at 5.

The Chargers at 3 will get the draft started & a lot of teams can plan their board based off what they do.

Tbonewannabe
03-08-2016, 02:03 PM

I hate the Cowboys so I hope Dak goes somewhere else. I don't have a preference but it would be interesting to see him go to somewhere like Denver with a great defense. Dak could be a taller version of Russell Wilson so Denver could get a RB (Elliot) in the 1st and Dak in the 2nd.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-08-2016, 02:06 PM
I hate the Cowboys so I hope Dak goes somewhere else. I don't have a preference but it would be interesting to see him go to somewhere like Denver with a great defense. Dak could be a taller version of Russell Wilson so Denver could get a RB (Elliot) in the 1st and Dak in the 2nd.

Derrick Henry will be available at 31 for Denver but Elliot will be long gone. He may not make it out of the top 10.

Coach34
03-08-2016, 02:07 PM
Deforest Buckner is a name that's becoming popular with the Cowboys.

Exactly what they need to do- or Jalen Ramsey. They have to have an impact player at DE or CB. They then need to draft a guy like Prescott they can groom a couple years. They are saying Chase Daniel- back-up in KC could be their target. That would be an expensive back-up.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-08-2016, 02:09 PM
Exactly what they need to do- or Jalen Ramsey. They have to have an impact player at DE or CB. They then need to draft a guy like Prescott they can groom a couple years. They are saying Chase Daniel- back-up in KC could be their target. That would be an expensive back-up.

What's surprising is how Joey Bosa seems to be tumbling down the boards. He went from a potential #1 overall pick to maybe out of the top 10.

jumbo
03-08-2016, 02:13 PM
They need an OT too bad. Too bad its not a year later- there would be better options for them. The A&M DE, Fournette, DE from Auburn...

Eh, we need OL help but we have a LT. I don't want to take a RT with the #1 pick. I would much rather take Ramsey and take a RT in the 2nd or 3rd.

I am pretty excited for Murray for nothing else than it shows the owners actually care about improving the team.

thf24
03-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Eh, we need OL help but we have a LT. I don't want to take a RT with the #1 pick. I would much rather take Ramsey and take a RT in the 2nd or 3rd.

I am pretty excited for Murray for nothing else than it shows the owners actually care about improving the team.

That's what I'm thinking. I just don't think Lewan has been that bad at LT. Agreed on Murray as well.

Dawg61
03-08-2016, 02:37 PM

You have an average LT that will be better at RT when you draft Tunsil. You upgrade two OL positions and help protect your franchise QB. DB's don't go #1. Hasn't ever happened that I remember. Ramsey is the better player but the Titans are too invested in MM to pass on Tunsil. Problem for the Titans is there isn't a clear cut #1 this year so it'll be difficult to convince a team to trade them for it.

Bubb Rubb
03-08-2016, 02:45 PM

I love Dak as much as the next guy, but he is no version of Russell Wilson. I know State fans like to say that, but it isn't true. They both play QB and that's about where it stops. Dak is slower, less mobile, and less athletic than Wilson for starters.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-08-2016, 02:54 PM
I love Dak as much as the next guy, but he is no version of Russell Wilson. I know State fans like to say that, but it isn't true. They both play QB and that's about where it stops. Dak is slower, less mobile, and less athletic than Wilson for starters.

I agree. I still think Donovan McNabb is the most accurate comparison to Dak.

Dawg61
03-08-2016, 03:42 PM

You used three ways to say Wilson is quicker than Dak. Dak is bigger, stronger, taller and can take more punishment than Russell. Dak is most like Cam imo except he isn't afraid to run and he won't throw temper tantrums all day.

Coach34
03-08-2016, 03:48 PM
Dakota is also 3 inches taller

McNabb is the right comparison

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
03-08-2016, 04:27 PM
i'm glad we got murray in free agency. i think he's overrated b/c of the line he played behind in dallass, but I do not want to draft another RB this year. My hope & vision is that we sign Murray to a short contract, & draft Fournette w/ our top pick next year.

Derrick Henry is the popular 2nd rd pick for the Titans, but I don't like it one bit. We have much bigger needs in more important positions, and we've already spent a 2nd rd & 5th rd pick on RBs the past two years. I would be much happier going OL 1st round & sticking to defense the next 3 rounds. There are some nice CBs in this draft, & I'm hoping one of Mac Alexander, Eli Apple, or Will Jackson III falls to us early 2nd. That or grab a premier DL if one is still available at the top of the 2nd (a la Chris Jones), then grab some damaged talent such as Redmond or Jalen Mills at the top of the 3rd.

smootness
03-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Dak also ran a 4.8 compared to McNabb's 4.64, too, though. The comparison I see as most legitimate is McNair. Regardless, though, there are some pretty good comparisons out there that at least fit in some regard. I would agree that Wilson is not a good one, though.

Bubb Rubb
03-08-2016, 05:44 PM
Dak also ran a 4.8 compared to McNabb's 4.64, too, though. The comparison I see as most legitimate is McNair. Regardless, though, there are some pretty good comparisons out there that at least fit in some regard. I would agree that Wilson is not a good one, though.

I like the McNair comparison.

Dak is a closer comparison to Ironhead Heyward than he is to Russell Wilson. That's not a bad thing - they are just different types of quarterbacks, so I get a little riled every time I see someone make the comparison.

Bubb Rubb
03-08-2016, 05:46 PM
You used three ways to say Wilson is quicker than Dak. Dak is bigger, stronger, taller and can take more punishment than Russell. Dak is most like Cam imo except he isn't afraid to run and he won't throw temper tantrums all day.

Dak is nothing like Cam Newton. That is ridiculous. And you used three "ways" to say Dak is larger than Wilson.

Cam Newton has a stronger arm, is faster, more mobile, and far more dynamic than Dak. Oh, and his Daddy has a lot more money than Dak's, too.

Dawg61
03-09-2016, 01:22 AM
Dak is nothing like Cam Newton. That is ridiculous. And you used three "ways" to say Dak is larger than Wilson.

Cam Newton has a stronger arm, is faster, more mobile, and far more dynamic than Dak. Oh, and his Daddy has a lot more money than Dak's, too.

Cam was scared to run in the Super Bowl and he was scared to fall on his own fumble. Dak would never do that so you can remove Cam's balls from your mouth.

Bubb Rubb
03-09-2016, 09:27 AM
Cam was scared to run in the Super Bowl and he was scared to fall on his own fumble. Dak would never do that so you can remove Cam's balls from your mouth.

You've gone full retard.

Stating that Cam Newton is a better athlete and QB than Dak Prescott is pure fact. It doesn't mean I'm a fan of Cam Newton. He's the freaking reigning NFL MVP and you're comparing Dak to him. Maybe you should take the next few plays off.

Dawg61
03-09-2016, 10:58 AM
You've gone full retard.

Stating that Cam Newton is a better athlete and QB than Dak Prescott is pure fact. It doesn't mean I'm a fan of Cam Newton. He's the freaking reigning NFL MVP and you're comparing Dak to him. Maybe you should take the next few plays off.

You said "Dak is nothing like Cam" and you're telling me to take the next few plays off? Hahaha dude your boy Cam is a ****ing pus$y and that's saved for life. Pus$y wouldn't even dive on his own fumble in the freaking Super Bowl. That's weak. Dak would never be that weak so in that aspect you're right. Dak is nothing like Cam. Dak has character and would never let his teammates down like that in the most important game of his life. Dak ain't no pus$y like sCam Newton.

jumbo
03-09-2016, 01:48 PM
All we gave up for him was a swap of 4th round picks. So we moved back 13 spots in the fourth round and got DeMarco Murray. That's a hell of a deal.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
03-10-2016, 02:05 AM
All we gave up for him was a swap of 4th round picks. So we moved back 13 spots in the fourth round and got DeMarco Murray. That's a hell of a deal.

yeah this new manager has been impressive so far. Although it's not hard to impress when your predecessor is Ruston Webster, yet another in a long line of UMiss products that flamed out faster than a bowl of spice in nkemdeechee's hotel room. I like the C we picked up from Houston too, he was hilarious on hard knocks.

BB30
03-10-2016, 09:28 AM
Cam and Dak athletically are not in the same stratosphere. Cam is quite possibly the biggest freak athlete in professional sports outside of Lebron. Yes, Cam probably lacks a little character but he is a hell of an athlete.

jumbo
03-10-2016, 10:07 AM
yeah this new manager has been impressive so far. Although it's not hard to impress when your predecessor is Ruston Webster, yet another in a long line of UMiss products that flamed out faster than a bowl of spice in nkemdeechee's hotel room. I like the C we picked up from Houston too, he was hilarious on hard knocks.

We'll see how the rest of the offseason goes but I really didn't think much would change with the organization until we got new ownership, but I like what Robinson is doing so far. It seems the Adams kids might actually be trying to put a competitive product on the field instead of just cashing their checks.

Dawg61
03-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Cam and Dak athletically are not in the same stratosphere. Cam is quite possibly the biggest freak athlete in professional sports outside of Lebron. Yes, Cam probably lacks a little character but he is a hell of an athlete.

That's afraid to run and get hit. Don't forget that part too.

BB30
03-10-2016, 02:51 PM

haha did Carolina cost you some money in the super bowl? He did bail out I will agree with that.

Dawg61
03-10-2016, 04:26 PM
haha did Carolina cost you some money in the super bowl? He did bail out I will agree with that.

Nope I tried to bet $200 on Denver but couldn't get anyone to take it. Just look at his stats. He only ran it 6 times despite gaining a very nice 45 yards. He kept throwing it 18-41 in passing (.44%) instead of using his legs. He is scared to run. It's plain as day to see.

BeardoMSU
03-10-2016, 04:56 PM

Except for the fact that Cam ran it more times this year than any of his prior seasons.**

BeardoMSU
03-10-2016, 04:57 PM
He is scared to run. It's plain as day to see.

Except he led all NFL QB's in rushing attempts and yards**