PDA

View Full Version : Why no mention of all this OM/NCAA stuff by espn or affiliates?

bocfarm
08-13-2013, 10:40 AM
Seems strange that the world wide leader in sports has yet to mention anything about this?

MitchD24
08-13-2013, 10:47 AM
I was thinking about that this morning when I was listening to Cowherd since he seems to be so high on them

maroonmania
08-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Stories on this have trickled here and there but it doesn't seem to be widespread news at this point.

camsu
08-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Really no news yet, just asking questions. Not as big as the QB for aTm, yet.

CadaverDawg
08-13-2013, 11:08 AM
There was no news of the whole Redmond situation either when that douche Matt Stevens started blowing it out of proportion. It's such a double standard by the media around here....if there is even a puff of smoke around Starkville we have Stevens, Locke, Wardlaw, Robertson, Forde, Talty, and the rest of the clown crew reporting on it as if a bomb just went off and they were there to witness it first hand. But you let Oxford fill up with smoke, articles be written by CBS, and basically a damn fire sparking in the corner....and those same douches are silent until there is no possible way they can hide it any longer.

It is BULL SHIT

messageboardsuperhero
08-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Our investigation was a media shitstorm compared to UM's, or at least what we've seen of this investigation so far. They don't have a Byron DeVinner running his mouth, spewing bullshit to every radio station that would have him on the air. Plus, the local media is basically saying nothing about this. UM doesn't have some two-bit local sports writer trying to make a name for himself by lying about about somebody getting a free car, and they sure as hell don't have their people who run fan sites throwing players under the bus. Veazey is the only local reporter I've seen even saying more than "Nothing to see here."

Hopefully that all changes when this next story comes out, assuming it does come out.

Maroonthirteen
08-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Add Memphis sports media to that list. So much as a player getting a speeding ticket in Starkville......our program is down the shitter and the death penalty looms. Old Mrs. on the other hand......nothing.

Reason 1,000,001 why the city of Memphis sucks.

Political Hack
08-13-2013, 04:22 PM
There was no news of the whole Redmond situation either when that douche Matt Stevens started blowing it out of proportion. It's such a double standard by the media around here....if there is even a puff of smoke around Starkville we have Stevens, Locke, Wardlaw, Robertson, Forde, Talty, and the rest of the clown crew reporting on it as if a bomb just went off and they were there to witness it first hand. But you let Oxford fill up with smoke, articles be written by CBS, and basically a damn fire sparking in the corner....and those same douches are silent until there is no possible way they can hide it any longer.

It is BULL SHIT

Hotty toddy gosh a mighty who the hell are they?

film flam bim bam no one really gives a damn.

Political Hack
08-13-2013, 04:25 PM
because we were too dumb to get a cease and desist on chubby before he went on his radio tour. As soon as he tweeted about it the first time the letter should've been filed seconds later.

Political Hack
08-13-2013, 04:26 PM
also, a bigger story is going to break on OM. people are waiting... Im waiting. It's coming and it's going to be glorious.

CadaverDawg
08-13-2013, 04:34 PM
also, a bigger story is going to break on OM. people are waiting... Im waiting. It's coming and it's going to be glorious.

Can you give me your confidence level on said story breaking?

TDawg52
08-13-2013, 04:42 PM
I have full faith in the NCAA.....:cool:

messageboardsuperhero
08-13-2013, 04:46 PM
I have full faith in the NCAA.....:cool:

Unfortunately, I don't. The NCAA screwing it up is probably the best chance for UM in this whole thing.

bocfarm
08-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Until there's a formal investigation, its not a big story hence why no one is reporting on it. Interviewing players, coaches, boosters or whoever is something the ncaa does every single day all around the country.

We all know there's plenty of damaging information just got to hope the ncaa has the balls to do something with the info

TDawg52
08-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Awwww man, I was jesting......

CadaverDawg
08-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Until there's a formal investigation, its not a big story hence why no one is reporting on it. Interviewing players, coaches, boosters or whoever is something the ncaa does every single day all around the country.

We all know there's plenty of damaging information just got to hope the ncaa has the balls to do something with the info

Yes they talk to people all the time, but "Interviewing Chris Jones about Ole Miss recruiting" does NOT happen every day. There has already been released more than the "usual shit", and that is why I get pissed about it. If that article had come out about MSU recruiting instead of OM, there is zero doubt it would be a topic amongst all of the local media and beat writers. But the shoe is on the other foot now, and guess what...not a ****ing peep from anybody. It's garbage. The media is garbage.

Ronny
08-13-2013, 05:10 PM
...Hugh Freeze asked for people to send him specific instances of Ole Miss cheating, & he got a huge response.

Then a reporter, under the FOIA, asks to see those tweets/e-mails/text messages, etc.

Then Ole Miss, via some clever legal maneuvering, released a tiny portion of the info sent to them that displayed Ole Miss cheating.

What I am saying is Hugh Freeze & the University of Mississippi are currently embroiled in a cover-up.

And as the old saying goes, it's not the act that get you in the end; it's the cover-up.

Cover-ups are the juciy tidbits of any American reporting, whether political, business, domestic or sports.

So just be patient. The cover-up will prove too inticing for ESPN or anybody else to resist.

bocfarm
08-13-2013, 05:22 PM
...Hugh Freeze asked for people to send him specific instances of Ole Miss cheating, & he got a huge response.

Then a reporter, under the FOIA, asks to see those tweets/e-mails/text messages, etc.

Then Ole Miss, via some clever legal maneuvering, released a tiny portion of the info sent to them that displayed Ole Miss cheating.

What I am saying is Hugh Freeze & the University of Mississippi are currently embroiled in a cover-up.

And as the old saying goes, it's not the act that get you in the end; it's the cover-up.

Cover-ups are the juciy tidbits of any American reporting, whether political, business, domestic or sports.

So just be patient. The cover-up will prove too inticing for ESPN or anybody else to resist.

Completely agree

Coach34
08-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Nafoom say it's because Me and Flabby turned them into the NCAA....I guess one of us forgot to alert ESPN to what is going on

Ronny
08-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Nafoom say it's because Me and Flabby turned them into the NCAA....I guess one of us forgot to alert ESPN to what is going on

....have nothing to do with Hugh Freeze's & the University Of Mississippi's very public cover-up.

Perhaps that is a concept too deep for NAFOOM to grasp.

notsofarawaydawg
08-13-2013, 07:39 PM

It is BULL SHIT

Stevens has yet to mention anything at all. Pile of crap!!

chainedup_Dawg
08-13-2013, 07:56 PM
No big enough news has broken for them yet. I am hopeful something will, but have little faith in the NCAA.

Also, I wouldn't imagine it'd be very interesting for ESPN to pick up on after they paraded their recruits around on sports center like strippers on a roll call.

Political Hack
08-13-2013, 08:40 PM
has the Clarion Ledger run anything?

they run stuff on state if a recruit says he's going to take a visit somewhereelse. Surely they ran an ongoing NCAA investigation.

CadaverDawg
08-13-2013, 08:45 PM

they run stuff on state if a recruit says he's going to take a visit somewhereelse. Surely they ran an ongoing NCAA investigation.

Nope, just CBS and now USA Today.....like I said, this is Garbage

M.Fillmore
08-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Hound dog Talty will be all over it.***

Political Hack
08-13-2013, 09:05 PM
how anyone continues to buy that shitstorm of a rag paper is beyond me. unbelievable.

engie
08-13-2013, 09:43 PM

Yes. Kellenberger is who wrote the article that actually showed on USAtoday... Read it on the CL earlier today word for word...

Here's my online CL frontpage...

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20130814-vakb-103kb.jpg

mikeharper1984
08-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Seems strange that the world wide leader in sports has yet to mention anything about this?
ESPN isn't worried about Ole Miss they are too far up Johnny Footballs ass right now

RougeDawg
08-13-2013, 10:06 PM

Shower and gym seem to be the place were I do my best thinking. The thought somewhat relates to this topic.

The last time OM was investigated, they got hammered pretty damn hard. The NCAA had so much damning evidence, there was no avoiding it. Since then, they've basically been buying away a few players each year, and mainly from their instate rival. The NCAA sees any complaints filed by MSU as sour grapes, thus hardly ever doing more than opening the letter or email. Even when the NCAA had some compelling evidence of wrong doing, they knew their efforts would most likely be wasted, due to OM's ability to hide and cover up things, as well as their elaborate tight knit group of heppin boosters. The heppers are located in most of the small towns across the state and start targeting players early. Small towns, people don't necessarily like to squeal on their neighbor of a rival school, because they moved momma on up to the east side. Because neighbors refuse to tell the truth, he NCAA gets stonewalled looking into the few allegations against OM that they actually act on.

Fast forward to the 2013 class. OM coming off 4 and 2 win seasons, starts going after other teams long term commits. Then these commits start flipping in some of the most bizarre ways most have ever seen, dealing with OM recruiting. Couple this with buying players from some of the top programs in the country who were all but locks on these players, the make their lone visit to Oxford. Multiple schools, in multiple conferences are not very thrilled with a middle tier SEC team buying their recruits, and start barking at the NCAA. The NCAA starts looking into these allegations of improprieties from multiple schools, and they start to see a pattern and similarities. These allegations are also similar to a lot of the allegations that lil ole MSU has been telling them for years (Hence looking all the way back to CJ's purchase). The NCAA has too many people telling the same story and knows that something took place. This is more than enough to warrant an all out full blown investigation on multiple fronts. No way they would be putting this much effort into something if they didn't already have evidence to put OM on some type of sanctions. The only question is, how much more will they find out, and who will get caught telling a lie?

Like I said, I know the NCAA knew about CJ Johnson when it happened. Did they do a damn thing about it until all this shit happened this year? **** no, which tells me they know something and are just trying to put all infractions into one package to drop the hammer on our buddies from the North who "make it rain" every January at the library.

Schultzy
08-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Kellenbereger got snubbed by Freeze after the UM practice in the q&a session. Apparently his unbiased reporting is rubbing some the wrong way. He isn't asking the correct softball questions.

engie
08-13-2013, 11:26 PM
Kellenbereger got snubbed by Freeze after the UM practice in the q&a session. Apparently his unbiased reporting is rubbing some the wrong way. He isn't asking the correct softball questions.

If he's not very careful, he'll be blacklisted by them. Actually, I'm shocked he isn't already. Ask Talty about it...

Political Hack
03-16-2017, 07:48 AM
We were talking about this in the summer of 2013.

They covered this crap up for 3 years!

smootness
03-16-2017, 07:56 AM
I started reading this thread assuming it was just created and got really, really confused.

Commercecomet24
03-16-2017, 08:24 AM
I started reading this thread assuming it was just created and got really, really confused.

Same here.

Political Hack
03-16-2017, 08:28 AM
Lmao. Sorry guys.

Thought it was funny that an OM troll was trying to suggest there's nothing to the Elitedawgs reports on the investigation because the world wide leader hadn't reported it. Reminded me of all the tin foil hat comments, etc... which makes this all so much more fun.

Mjoelner34
03-16-2017, 09:10 AM
The last time OM was investigated, they got hammered pretty damn hard. The NCAA had so much damning evidence, there was no avoiding it. Since then, they've basically been buying away a few players each year, and mainly from their instate rival. The NCAA sees any complaints filed by MSU as sour grapes, thus hardly ever doing more than opening the letter or email. Even when the NCAA had some compelling evidence of wrong doing, they knew their efforts would most likely be wasted, due to OM's ability to hide and cover up things, as well as their elaborate tight knit group of heppin boosters. The heppers are located in most of the small towns across the state and start targeting players early. Small towns, people don't necessarily like to squeal on their neighbor of a rival school, because they moved momma on up to the east side. Because neighbors refuse to tell the truth, he NCAA gets stonewalled looking into the few allegations against OM that they actually act on.

Fast forward to the 2013 class. OM coming off 4 and 2 win seasons, starts going after other teams long term commits. Then these commits start flipping in some of the most bizarre ways most have ever seen, dealing with OM recruiting. Couple this with buying players from some of the top programs in the country who were all but locks on these players, the make their lone visit to Oxford. Multiple schools, in multiple conferences are not very thrilled with a middle tier SEC team buying their recruits, and start barking at the NCAA. The NCAA starts looking into these allegations of improprieties from multiple schools, and they start to see a pattern and similarities. These allegations are also similar to a lot of the allegations that lil ole MSU has been telling them for years (Hence looking all the way back to CJ's purchase). The NCAA has too many people telling the same story and knows that something took place. This is more than enough to warrant an all out full blown investigation on multiple fronts. No way they would be putting this much effort into something if they didn't already have evidence to put OM on some type of sanctions. The only question is, how much more will they find out, and who will get caught telling a lie?

Like I said, I know the NCAA knew about CJ Johnson when it happened. Did they do a damn thing about it until all this shit happened this year? **** no, which tells me they know something and are just trying to put all infractions into one package to drop the hammer on our buddies from the North who "make it rain" every January at the library.

+1

lastmajordog
03-16-2017, 11:11 AM
Add Memphis sports media to that list. So much as a player getting a speeding ticket in Starkville......our program is down the shitter and the death penalty looms. Old Mrs. on the other hand......nothing.

Reason 1,000,001 why the city of Memphis sucks.

RougeDawg
03-18-2017, 04:10 PM
Humble bump to 2013 and the educated prediction. Can't believe this damn investigation has been dragging on this long. Seems like yesterday when they were building a top 5 class after two horrific seasons.