PDA

View Full Version : Tom Fornelli - remember that name

starkvegasdawg
03-07-2016, 12:40 PM
He is a writer for CBS sports and just wrote a very hard hitting article on the NCAA investigation. By hard hitting he was outright calling the NCAA dumb by cherry picking some of the known allegations in the TSUN NOA and calling them dumb rules and the NCAA should be ashamed of even making this an issue. Basically, he took the charges the bears have admitted (read self reported) and then swallowed their spin on them and churning it right back out with a condescending tone that only bears can achieve. The only caveat is that he did have to reluctantly admit in the next to last sentence is that these are only the known allegations.

The link for those that care to read this Pulitzer worthy piece of journalism.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25507418/these-are-the-13-violations-ole-miss-football-was-hit-with-by-the-ncaa

Bully13
03-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the summary so I don't have to waste my time. He's either a bear or just had a nice pay day courtesy of the network.

Coach34
03-07-2016, 01:05 PM
I love all these guys writing the fluff pieces without even seeing the NOA

TrapGame
03-07-2016, 01:07 PM
Typical PR piece. The Bears have to fill this void of silence with something that keeps the spin alive. Fornelli probably got a visit from a couple hot blondes from Tappa Pi sorority.

DancingRabbit
03-07-2016, 01:47 PM
Yeah, he got killed on twitter for being a dumbass.

https://twitter.com/TomFornelli/status/706886923164340224

Jack Lambert
03-07-2016, 02:06 PM
Typical PR piece. The Bears have to fill this void of silence with something that keeps the spin alive. Fornelli probably got a visit from a couple hot blondes from Tappa Pi sorority.

I wonder why they are so consumed with perception?

chef dixon
03-07-2016, 02:54 PM
Its so amazing to me how they put these pieces out and their fans really believe these self reported incidents are the bulk of whats happening. Red Cup Rebellion is pumping this so hard and laughing it off. That is the definition of the word delusion. I really feel like they are one of the only fan bases that can allow themselves to do it.

TrapGame
03-07-2016, 02:55 PM

It's part of their cultist mentality. They are under the impression that perception equals reality. But really all this does is create an illusion, a false reality. And it's all about to come crashing down.

Bubb Rubb
03-07-2016, 05:21 PM
Not understanding the difference between "self-reported violations" and a notice of allegations from the NCAA shows an astounding level of stupidity.

I do like how he thinks that it's not really a big deal why a player kept a loaner car for three months. Yeah, that happens all the time.

Also, it's freaking 2016. How many of you knuckleheads still butt-dial people?

Dawg61
03-07-2016, 05:47 PM

This is the school with Harvard Crimson and Yale blue as their official colors. Wonder what the official white is named? 100% casualty white?

Dawg61
03-07-2016, 05:48 PM
It's part of their cultist mentality. They are under the impression that perception equals reality. But really all this does is create an illusion, a false reality. And it's all about to come crashing down.

Gotta disagree with you here. Perception is reality.

DawgNamedScuba
03-07-2016, 05:54 PM
Gotta disagree with you here. Perception is reality.

Hes right this generation is all about appearance and staying in the spotlight, no substance. I blame the Kardashians or I can blame Ray J since he hit it first.

TrapGame
03-07-2016, 07:36 PM
Hes right this generation is all about appearance and staying in the spotlight, no substance. I blame the Kardashians or I can blame Ray J since he hit it first.

Bingo! You know exactly what I meant. Ole Miss = Kim Kardashian.

ScottH
03-07-2016, 10:55 PM
Wonder what the official white is named? 100% casualty white?

I badly want to answer this. But I'll refrain.

Dawg61
03-08-2016, 12:41 AM
I badly want to answer this. But I'll refrain.

Harvard red
Yale blue
Klan white