PDA

View Full Version : Weather forecast this weekend? Doesn't look like we'll be playing......

Taog Redloh
03-07-2016, 11:16 AM
.....unless it's a DH on Sunday. Not sure how that jives with Oregon's flight plans. I guess they gain 2 hours flying back. Good news is, we'll save our pitching for a 2-game midweek stretch.

chef dixon
03-07-2016, 11:24 AM
We need to rack up some more non conference wins to hopefully stay comfortably above .500 for the year

Taog Redloh
03-07-2016, 11:33 AM
We need to rack up some more non conference wins to hopefully stay comfortably above .500 for the year
Agree, every game matters. I don't know what the plan is but I hope Houston can go against South Alabama.

TheRef
03-07-2016, 01:06 PM
It's not looking great right now. Sunday looks like the most plausible day for games right now. But remember the fact that last year we started a game at 10:00 PM when the rain finally cleared out. I should have a better idea around Wednesday or Thursday on the possibility of us even playing Friday and Saturday. I'll keep y'all updated on this weekend's set of games.

Todd4State
03-08-2016, 01:05 AM
It's not looking great right now. Sunday looks like the most plausible day for games right now. But remember the fact that last year we started a game at 10:00 PM when the rain finally cleared out. I should have a better idea around Wednesday or Thursday on the possibility of us even playing Friday and Saturday. I'll keep y'all updated on this weekend's set of games.

Thanks for your weather reports. When I go to one of our baseball games, I use your report over the weather app because you are more reliable. Kudos my friend.

MSUDawg99
03-08-2016, 10:11 AM
Yes, thanks, Ref. I'll wait for your forecast to decide whether I should make the trip up to Stark this wknd or not.

msstate7
03-08-2016, 10:15 AM
Sunday game is starting at 1030 so I doubt seriously 2 games is plausible

TheRef
03-08-2016, 12:26 PM
Just talked with my contact in Starkville and a DH on Sunday is absolutely out of the question since Oregon has to be back Sunday evening.

Saturday looks like a possible late DH right now.

State82
03-08-2016, 04:36 PM
Gonna wait till the last possible minute to cancel hotel reservation for Friday. No pressure, Ref.

TheRef
03-08-2016, 05:00 PM
Gonna wait till the last possible minute to cancel hotel reservation for Friday. No pressure, Ref.

Haha. I'll have a better answer tomorrow.

Taog Redloh
03-08-2016, 07:45 PM
Haha. I'll have a better answer tomorrow.

El Ni?o has been pretty consistent right? Great weather for 3-4 days, torrential terrible rain and storms for 2-3 days, pretty much since December. Been the most miserable weather I can remember. If they are saying rain on Fri/Sat, I believe them.

TheRef
03-09-2016, 12:24 PM
This is one of the tougher forecasts I've had to do. I'm working on it right now and honestly this could go either way. Saturday looks like pretty much a wash right now. Friday is borderline, Sunday is more likely.

starkvegasdawg
03-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Ref,

Saw in the forecast discussion from the NWS that Sunday might have a decent severe potential. You seeing that? Last I looked at the GFS it wasn't showing dic...Richard Cross.

TheRef
03-09-2016, 12:50 PM
Ref,

Saw in the forecast discussion from the NWS that Sunday might have a decent severe potential. You seeing that? Last I looked at the GFS it wasn't showing dic...Richard Cross.

Sunday? Not in Mississippi. I don't see any support for severe weather in Mississippi.

starkvegasdawg
03-09-2016, 01:00 PM
Glad I'm not alone in not seeing anything, but this is what was in the forecast discussion from this morning:

FINALLY THE UPPER LOW WILL LIFT PAST THE AREA BRINGING A BREAK IN
ACTIVITY LATE SATURDAY INTO SUNDAY. HOWEVER, THERE IS NOW GROWING
MODEL CONSENSUS IN A SECONDARY SHORTWAVE ZIPPING ACROSS THE DEEP
SOUTH LATE SUNDAY. WHILE MORE COMPACT AND FASTER MOVING, THIS WILL
BE A QUITE POTENT SHORTWAVE, ACCOMPANIED BY STEEP LAPSE RATES AND
MORE THAN SUFFICIENT DEEP LAYER SHEAR. THERE WILL ALSO BE MUCH LESS
IN THE WAY OF CLOUDS/PRECIP TO DISRUPT INSTABILITY AHEAD OF THIS
FEATURE...AND WITH IT ARRIVING LATE AFTERNOON/EVENING THERE WILL BE
AMPLE TIME FOR DESTABILIZATION OVER THE AREA. GIVEN THE MULTITUDE OF
HAZARDS WE ARE COPING WITH IN THE SHORTER TERM, WE WILL NOT
HIGHLIGHT THIS IN THE HWO/GRAPHICAST AT THIS TIME, BUT IF NOTHING
CHANGES, WE WILL NEED TO IN FUTURE FORECASTS.

starkvegasdawg
03-09-2016, 01:02 PM
Next thing I saw that might be even remotely interesting was around next Wednesday if it materialized.

TheRef
03-09-2016, 01:37 PM
Forecast is written, it'll go up at three. Gonna be a confusing first two days of games, if we get any in. Expect delays Friday and possibly not even a game on Saturday.

TheRef
03-09-2016, 04:56 PM
http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2016/03/09/mississippi-state-baseball-forecast-post-la-blues/

Taog Redloh
03-09-2016, 05:17 PM
http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2016/03/09/mississippi-state-baseball-forecast-post-la-blues/

When will El Nino end? Because it sucks.

TheRef
03-09-2016, 05:19 PM
When will El Nino end? Because it sucks.

According to the NOAA forecast put out February 11, we can expect the El Nino to switch to a neutral phase in late Spring/Early Summer of this year. Then, in the Fall, we can expect a La Nina to set up.

Source: http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/enso_advisory/ensodisc.html

starkvegasdawg
03-09-2016, 06:16 PM
According to the NOAA forecast put out February 11, we can expect the El Nino to switch to a neutral phase in late Spring/Early Summer of this year. Then, in the Fall, we can expect a La Nina to set up.

Source: http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/enso_advisory/ensodisc.html
That could make Spring 2017 interesting.

bhamdawgfan
03-10-2016, 03:50 PM
That could make Spring 2017 interesting.

Bump for an updated forecast.

starkvegasdawg
03-10-2016, 04:58 PM
Rain. Lots of rain. Then more rain. Then for a change of pace it's going to rain. Sunday and next Wednesday still looking potentially interesting for a little more than rain.

TheRef
03-10-2016, 09:42 PM
24 Hour rain totals as of 7 PM CST

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdO_EL7VIAA-bz2.jpg

mparkerfd20
03-10-2016, 09:52 PM
We'll get at least 2 and probably all 3 in. Book it.

preachermatt83
03-10-2016, 10:10 PM
Any update for next weekend. Long range guess? Asking Bc in gonna be on the road a ton all over the state next fri and sat.

TheRef
03-10-2016, 10:13 PM

Heh....No way be play tomorrow. Even lesser chance we play Saturday. I said it yesterday, and I'll say it today. The only clear day for play is Sunday, and we can only play one game on Sunday due to NCAA regulations with Oregon.

TheRef
03-10-2016, 10:13 PM
Any update for next weekend. Long range guess? Asking Bc in gonna be on the road a ton all over the state next fri and sat.

Way too far out to guess 8-9 days out.

Todd4State
03-10-2016, 10:24 PM
Heh....No way be play tomorrow. Even lesser chance we play Saturday. I said it yesterday, and I'll say it today. The only clear day for play is Sunday, and we can only play one game on Sunday due to NCAA regulations with Oregon.

Because of the threat of lightning?

mparkerfd20
03-10-2016, 10:27 PM

We'll see. I'm just being optimistic.

TheRef
03-10-2016, 10:34 PM
Because of the threat of lightning?

Pretty much.

Homedawg
03-11-2016, 09:32 AM
I've watched two different future casts and both have the rain clearing around 5 and gone until after midnight.... Is that not the case? The field will be slop in the outfield but I would think we have a good shot to play if the aforementioned is true.

mparkerfd20
03-12-2016, 05:16 PM

I told ya'll so and I'm not even a weatherman. :)