PDA

View Full Version : MBB Tourney Draw

dawgday166
03-06-2016, 10:05 AM
I think this shapes up pretty well for MSU. Real possibility to get to semis against probably either KY or OM. If we get there and can somehow win that one, I think we have a decent shot at this thing.

I haven't paid close attention this year, have watched the team the last few games. Seems to me from what little I watched that we can match up pretty decent with everyone not named KY & OM. I don't think we match up with those 2 well. I have only seen KY in highlights tho ... but they looked pretty good yesterday. Seemed very confident too.

klong-dog
03-06-2016, 10:09 AM
lol let's play GA first. We haven't matched up well with them either the past few years. I believe we had our worst shooting performance of the year (at the Hump also) when we played them a month ago. They're big and we struggled big time offensively. Don't put UK and OM in the same sentence. OM is simply Moody, if he's some what off, we beat them 9/10.

dawgday166
03-06-2016, 10:14 AM
Ok ... I haven't seen GA play at all. You're right on OM, but I can't see that we have anyone who can contain him. And that opens up his dishing to wide open teammates. And those players seem pretty decent to me ... but he is the straw that stirs the drink.

JohnnyQuid
03-06-2016, 10:23 AM
maten hurt us and they killed us on the boards; then zoned us the entire game and we looked like we has never seen the defense before.

can almost guarantee we will see zone again. gotta shoot well

msstate7
03-06-2016, 10:28 AM
maten hurt us and they killed us on the boards; then zoned us the entire game and we looked like we has never seen the defense before.

can almost guarantee we will see zone again. gotta shoot well

Ware had 6 pts 6 rebs vs Georgia. He has to play better this time

Ptolemy
03-06-2016, 11:03 AM
I think this shapes up pretty well for MSU. Real possibility to get to semis against probably either KY or OM. If we get there and can somehow win that one, I think we have a decent shot at this thing.

I haven't paid close attention this year, have watched the team the last few games. Seems to me from what little I watched that we can match up pretty decent with everyone not named KY & OM. I don't think we match up with those 2 well. I have only seen KY in highlights tho ... but they looked pretty good yesterday. Seemed very confident too.

Unfortunately, I had high hopes for us to make a tourney run also...as long as someone knocked UGA out! After watching our game with them this year and our polar opposite styles with our best respective lineups (small ball vs big men and boards), I was quite upset we got the opening matchup. That said, let's get the tough one out of the way first and Hail State!

BTW, let's don't get too down on Gavin Ware in this game, he'll be a single man against many men in this matchup as evidenced by our game with them earlier so him just holding as much as he can down low is all we can hope for besides the threes to fall!

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
03-06-2016, 01:00 PM
Unfortunately, I had high hopes for us to make a tourney run also...as long as someone knocked UGA out! After watching our game with them this year and our polar opposite styles with our best respective lineups (small ball vs big men and boards), I was quite upset we got the opening matchup. That said, let's get the tough one out of the way first and Hail State!

BTW, let's don't get too down on Gavin Ware in this game, he'll be a single man against many men in this matchup as evidenced by our game with them earlier so him just holding as much as he can down low is all we can hope for besides the threes to fall!

that was my feeling as well. I was hoping to play Umiss 1st round b/c I wanted a rubber match but also b/c we match up better w/ them. Hopefully Frazier's shot will be off & Newman or Q will be on. If Ware can keep himself out of foul trouble both halves I'll be happy w/ whatever he gives us. He won't win us the game but if he's not on the floor we don't have a chance.