PDA

View Full Version : I was at the basketball game today.....

Liverpooldawg
03-05-2016, 06:51 PM
It was my only one this year. The thing that struck me after watching Senior Day and the game was it is a total shame that this group of seniors only really had competent coaching this one year. There are at least two of them I have had to revise my opinion on the last couple of months. There was some talent there. 4 years under Howland and they would be a LOT better than they are now.

BayouDawg
03-05-2016, 07:52 PM
Yep. Ware took a big leap this year. I think sword would've benefited greatly from another year under Howland. Chicken is very athletic but has zero basketball IQ and I think Howland could've helped with that

trob115
03-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Can y'all imagine Ware and Chicken with one more year under Howland. Having them back next year , especially Ware would be huge.

Liverpooldawg
03-05-2016, 09:44 PM
Can y'all imagine Ware and Chicken with one more year under Howland. Having them back next year , especially Ware would be huge.

I wasn't the only one then

Schultzy
03-05-2016, 10:02 PM
Just look at Aric Holman's progress as well and of course Weatherspoon. People also underestimate Newman's progress, he tuned today's game in our favor and was the reason we beat OM at home too.

drunkernhelldawg
03-06-2016, 12:08 AM
MSU Basketball is on the way back. Love how Howland and the team have made the best of the situation the last month. Huge opportunity Thursday. Like the way it feels.

the59dawg
03-06-2016, 12:24 AM
Just look at Aric Holman's progress as well and of course Weatherspoon. People also underestimate Newman's progress, he tuned today's game in our favor and was the reason we beat OM at home too.

I suspect we beat OM at home because Moody was not able to play against us.

JohnnyQuid
03-06-2016, 05:40 AM

imagine ware on a team next year with a true center that allowed him to play the 4 and not have to guard other team centers - thus staying out of the foul trouble that plagued him often

Schultzy
03-06-2016, 07:39 AM
I suspect we beat OM at home because Moody was not able to play against us.

That doesn't matter, someone still has to step up and make shots and he was the one that did in that game. Losing to them at home w/out moody playing could've happened if not for Newman's shooting that day.