PDA

View Full Version : Are they going to put the students back to courtside?

Mutt the Hoople
03-05-2016, 06:31 PM
It seems that everytime State starts to get good in any one sport, the Athletic department begins plotting ways to screw the Students. Back when I was in school in 1985, the basketball team made a pretty good run at the SEC title. All of a sudden, the Athletic department wanted to move the students to the end, and leave a place for the "student bulldog club", where you had to fork out $35 (that's $21,850 in 2016 money) for the "privilege"...all during mid-season!

Now, state has lost all its Hump mojo because back in the late 2000's, the Athletic Department moved all the students away from midcourt, and saved it for the old farts. The old farts don't come to games (unless they're trying to impress their Corporate Partners), and the students can't get into it. Combine that with Stans losing the basketball team, Rick Ray being a bad coach, and horrible recruiting, State's basketball program has been a dumpster fire.

they need to put the students back to mid-courtside...maybe even let them ring the first five rows of the the front court. THAT would turn Humphrey Coliseum back into THE HUMP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y38Ec57yMG8

Liverpooldawg
03-05-2016, 06:53 PM
Yep. I was a charter member of the student Bulldog Club by the way. :)

Steakonastick
03-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Doubt it, the students did not show up this year. Saw way to many games with the upper deck empty was empty on there side. If they packed it out they would have forced his hand.

Thrill1
03-05-2016, 07:58 PM
I'm sorry Mutt, but the students don't deserve anything based on their performance this year. They've absolutely sucked. Previous poster is right - their upper deck sections are empty, meaning they can't even fill in all their lower ones. And let's not mention the lack of in-game participation.

I expect the future performance on the court to cure some of the ails, but, no, they don't deserve any re-seating.

civildawg
03-05-2016, 08:18 PM
I usually side with the students on a lot of issues but not today. That was a pitiful attendance on their part. If they would have showed up, it would have been 75% full