PDA

View Full Version : Stans got him another banner... This time SEC Reg Season Champions

RougeDawg
03-05-2016, 04:37 PM
All he does is hang banners!!

shannondawg
03-05-2016, 06:12 PM
Yeaaaaaaaa!

jumbo
03-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Your agenda is showing

maroonmania
03-05-2016, 08:30 PM
Yep, he has a Final Four banner as an assistant and recruiter as well.... just not as a head coach.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
03-05-2016, 09:16 PM

And if history holds, he will have plenty of time to hang that banner in about 12-15 days.

trob115
03-05-2016, 09:17 PM
And if history holds, he will have plenty of time to hang that banner in about 12-15 days.
Zing!

dawgday166
03-05-2016, 09:20 PM

Is that after the 1st round of tourney, or the 2nd? He'll have some time probably between 1st or 2nd game of SEC tourney and the beginning of NCAA too. He don't do too well when he's the favorite.

Howboutdemdogs
03-06-2016, 12:33 AM
History repeats itself, one and done. That's the best he can do.

dawgday166
03-06-2016, 10:19 AM
He did make it past the 1st game a couple of times lol.

whatever
03-06-2016, 10:37 AM
yeah, I'd much rather have 4 losing seasons in a row than hang a banner and make it to the round of 32

JohnnyQuid
03-06-2016, 11:08 AM
yeah, I'd much rather have 4 losing seasons in a row than hang a banner and make it to the round of 32

I know right - who wants to just get to the tourny and win a game. stans sucks and never won a first round game. am I doin this right ?**

shannondawg
03-06-2016, 11:41 AM
Sucks what?

Coach34
03-06-2016, 12:12 PM
He's always been a very good asst coach.

shannondawg
03-06-2016, 01:41 PM
Things change, people don't. Just can't help yourself, I understand.

He's always been a very good asst coach.

PheonixRising
03-06-2016, 02:11 PM
And when people call him "Coach" they are telling the truth

PheonixRising
03-06-2016, 02:55 PM
Maybe when he is done hanging banners he can start an anonymous free internet sports message board.

Coach34
03-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Well, Billy Kennedy is hanging the banner as well as getting his contract extended. Stands is finishing his 4th season since being fired from State without a head coaching offer.

dawgday166
03-06-2016, 05:46 PM
Does seem funny that Kennedy is getting no credit here. I would give Robert Kirby a lot of credit for Stans' success at MSU.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
03-06-2016, 06:02 PM
Maybe when he is done hanging banners he can start an anonymous free internet sports message board.

Felkerbury had four NBA level talents on his 11-12 squad. Moultrie, Hood, Bost, and Renardough. With all that talent, all he managed was an NIT one-and-done that season. The year before, we were treated to a loser-leave-town battle royale between two of our players on national TV. I was a big NIT Rick fan, but when the program is a cultural dumpster fire and we still can't sniff an NCAA run...it is time to move on.

Coach34
03-06-2016, 06:35 PM
Does seem funny that Kennedy is getting no credit here. I would give Robert Kirby a lot of credit for Stans' success at MSU.

funny people seem to forget things went downhill fast once he left

PheonixRising
03-06-2016, 07:16 PM
Well, Billy Kennedy is hanging the banner as well as getting his contract extended. Stands is finishing his 4th season since being fired from State without a head coaching offer.

I would think he'd rather make 200k asst coaching TAM and going home to his family than 1m enduring constant criticism from a bunch of engineers and accountants hiding behind a username.

Seems smart to me.

Plus I think we paid him a bunch of money to not coach as well.

mic
03-06-2016, 07:24 PM
There is going to be an opening in Memphis here very soon.... Let's see if they even look his way...

I would also not be shocked if Arkansas is head hunting as well...

Coach34
03-06-2016, 07:36 PM
I would think he'd rather make 200k asst coaching TAM and going home to his family than 1m enduring constant criticism from a bunch of engineers and accountants hiding behind a username.

No- not even close. He has tried to get no fewer than 5 HC jobs the last 4 years- and he will be trying again this offseason as well...and good basketball coaches make at least 2MM these days

People get too wrapped up about money- Tony Hughes took a big paycut to become a HC- thats what 80% of coaches aspire to be regardless of the pay

CadaverDawg
03-06-2016, 07:53 PM
Howland took Stans and Kennedy's best A&M team to the wire twice with a sub .500 squad in year one at MSU. So yes, I'd like to be in the tourney but not if it meant swapping staffs....because we're going to beat A&M more than we lose to them going forward. Howland will coach circles around those two...much like this year, we just didn't have the horses.

Schultzy
03-06-2016, 09:16 PM
Butler

coastdoglover
03-06-2016, 10:21 PM
Hate to tell you but Stans is making one million a year as assistant head coach pretty good gig in my opinion.

HancockCountyDog
03-06-2016, 11:01 PM
20-52, first thing I always think about when a thread like this pops up.

Dawg61
03-07-2016, 01:54 AM

Kennedy has Parkinson's and can barely talk. No way he is head mofo in charge of that team. Stansbury is coaching that team just not in title.

drunkernhelldawg
03-07-2016, 12:11 PM
I won't be sarcastic. I'll just say that I'm a Stans fan and I think Strickland made a huge mistake letting him go. I'm a Howland fan now, and I have a lot of hope for the SEC Tourney and for next season. But we're a long way from getting back to relevance in basketball. It was special to dominate our league year after year. Getting back to that is not foreseeable.

TopDog58
03-07-2016, 12:23 PM
I won't be sarcastic. I'll just say that I'm a Stans fan and I think Strickland made a huge mistake letting him go. I'm a Howland fan now, and I have a lot of hope for the SEC Tourney and for next season. But we're a long way from getting back to relevance in basketball. It was special to dominate our league year after year. Getting back to that is not foreseeable.

All except for the fact that it never happened under Bury.

DawgInMemphis
03-07-2016, 12:26 PM
There is going to be an opening in Memphis here very soon.... Let's see if they even look his way...

I would also not be shocked if Arkansas is head hunting as well...

I don't know if Memphis is going to pony up the cash to fire Pastner. 10.6 MM buyout.

Coach34
03-07-2016, 12:43 PM
Kennedy has Parkinson's and can barely talk. No way he is head mofo in charge of that team. Stansbury is coaching that team just not in title.

wtf? Kennedy is fine. He is the one standing up coaching the whole game and talking during time-outs. You obviously havent watched them play all year....He's not getting a contract extension out of sympathy

Coach34
03-07-2016, 12:46 PM
It was special to dominate our league year after year. Getting back to that is not foreseeable.

When did that happen? He won the SEC once in 14 years. Even years we won the West- we usually had the 3rd-4th best SEC record

shannondawg
03-07-2016, 12:53 PM
He was in line to get it when Kennedy has to retire. Guess he still is. He certainly deserves to be.

Coach34
03-07-2016, 12:57 PM
He was in line to get it when Kennedy has to retire. Guess he still is. He certainly deserves to be.

And I agree with that. But according to reports- its going to be at least 2-3 more years because Kennedy is responding well to his meds

BeastMan
03-07-2016, 12:57 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/540/668/58a.jpg

Coach34
03-07-2016, 01:00 PM
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/aggies/article/A-M-s-Kennedy-uses-new-diet-to-combat-Parkinson-s-6080629.php

Coach34
03-07-2016, 01:02 PM
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/texasamaggies/2016/02/23/texas-ams-woodward-new-deal-billy-kennedy-forthcoming

shannondawg
03-07-2016, 01:38 PM
As long as he is healthy they should.

Dawg61
03-07-2016, 02:42 PM
wtf? Kennedy is fine. He is the one standing up coaching the whole game and talking during time-outs. You obviously havent watched them play all year....He's not getting a contract extension out of sympathy

Sure he is he just struggles to finish normal sentences and moves in a sloth's pace but yea I'm sure he is coaching and leading his men and is the reason they won the SEC this year. I wanted Bury fired but Kennedy ain't the reason aTm won this year.

dawgday166
03-07-2016, 04:17 PM
Maybe Stans has had some time to reflect and also figure out where some mistakes were made. Maybe if given a 2nd chance he'll do well. Most people who succeed in a big way usually fail quite a few times.

I don't hate him or anything ... but thought it was time for a change.

Coach34
03-07-2016, 04:28 PM
Sure he is he just struggles to finish normal sentences and moves in a sloth's pace but yea I'm sure he is coaching and leading his men and is the reason they won the SEC this year. I wanted Bury fired but Kennedy ain't the reason aTm won this year.

wow- do you even know who the **** Billy Kennedy is? This was 2 weeks ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX56iR1PkLQ

Dawg61
03-07-2016, 04:57 PM
wow- do you even know who the **** Billy Kennedy is? This was 2 weeks ago

Yea his speech has improved and he looks to be in better health but I see/hear nothing in that interview that gives me pause to what I said. You are incapable of giving Stansbury any credit. Your hatred blinds you. I've told you a billion ****ing times I wanted Bury fired yet you still think I'm a Stans supporter. Watch aTm's huddles a little closer. Watch their bench. Kennedy is never more than five feet from Stans and Bury is constantly interjecting himself into the huddle chat and talking with BK the whole game. It's obvious to anyone else that isn't blinded by hate that Rick Stansbury has been a tremendous asset to that team. Giving Rick credit for that won't ever bring him back. You can do it brother I have faith in you.

Coach34
03-07-2016, 05:04 PM
Yea his speech has improved and he looks to be in better health but I see/hear nothing in that interview that gives me pause to what I said. You are incapable of giving Stansbury any credit. Your hatred blinds you. I've told you a billion ****ing times I wanted Bury fired yet you still think I'm a Stans supporter. Watch aTm's huddles a little closer. Watch their bench. Kennedy is never more than five feet from Stans and Bury is constantly interjecting himself into the huddle chat and talking with BK the whole game. It's obvious to anyone else that isn't blinded by hate that Rick Stansbury has been a tremendous asset to that team. Giving Rick credit for that won't ever bring him back. You can do it brother I have faith in you.

A) I have said repeatedly and even in this thread that Stands is a really good Asst coach
B) Kennedy runs that team and its very obvious.
C) Howland has Asst's that stand up and interject to our players during games- does that mean they run the show over Howland? Of course it doesnt- its called "doing your job"

Stands is in the perfect role for him. Recruiter/Good guy. But it's Kennedy's show and everybody knows it. Well, except you

Dawg61
03-07-2016, 05:35 PM
A) I have said repeatedly and even in this thread that Stands is a really good Asst coach
B) Kennedy runs that team and its very obvious.
C) Howland has Asst's that stand up and interject to our players during games- does that mean they run the show over Howland? Of course it doesnt- its called "doing your job"

Stands is in the perfect role for him. Recruiter/Good guy. But it's Kennedy's show and everybody knows it. Well, except you

Thank you. You gave Stansbury a couple compliments. That's all I wanted. Miracles do happen!

shannondawg
03-07-2016, 05:37 PM
Tim Brando on finebaum gave much credit to Stansbury for TAMU success. Said they were going no place until Stans showed up. That was unsolicited, just asked about their success.

But what does he know? Only sees probably 3 games a week during entire basketball season.

Coach34
03-07-2016, 06:00 PM
Tim Brando on finebaum gave much credit to Stansbury for TAMU success. Said they were going no place until Stans showed up. That was unsolicited, just asked about their success.

But what does he know? Only sees probably 3 games a week during entire basketball season.

he really helped their recruiting- no doubt

shannondawg
03-11-2016, 04:20 PM
Well, in his postgame interview after the Florida game today, Kennedy sure didn't look too healthy and his speech was definitely slurred.