PDA

View Full Version : Another baseball "wtf" for me....

Coach34
03-05-2016, 11:55 AM
We "redshirt" Reynolds- a guy that was one of our leading hitters last year- especially during SEC play- meaning he got better as the year went on. Then he went on and had a great summer. Ok- so he didnt have a great Fall. But he has more than proven himself. Cohen redshirts this guy who can play some 3rd and some OF.

But Cohen manages to keep 5 catchers on the roster- Kruger, Collins, Lovelady, Marrero, and Stovall. 4 of those guys cant do anything but catch. Maybe if we hadnt wasted so much time trying to make Collins something he isnt- he'd be a better Catcher

confucius say
03-05-2016, 01:09 PM
I'm a Cohen guy (though my support is fading somewhat), but I said it three weeks ago: RS Reynolds made absolutely no sense. Hump, Collins, and Reynolds are all liabilities in the field. But Reynolds has been the better hitter by far and is a better athlete (faster). Nobody has been able to explain the reasoning to me except for Cohen just believed hump and Collins were going to finally turn the corner like renfroe did. Ain't happening. Off soapbox.