PDA

View Full Version : The Clarion Ledger say...

Maroonandwhite
03-04-2016, 12:53 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2016/03/04/several-teams-and-athletes-ole-miss-self-reports/81314352/

Nothing to see here.

Coach34
03-04-2016, 12:58 PM
everybody self-reports minor violations

They didnt self-report anything involving Tunsil

Maroonandwhite
03-04-2016, 01:03 PM
I noticed they had another story on self-reported, secondary violations with our basketball team. I guess just to be "fair."

TimberBeast
03-04-2016, 01:07 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2016/03/04/several-teams-and-athletes-ole-miss-self-reports/81314352/

Nothing to see here.

It said his dad lived 3 hours away from oxford. Meridian is 3 hours away from oxford so we know who the player is.

BrunswickDawg
03-04-2016, 01:15 PM
It said his dad lived 3 hours away from oxford. Meridian is 3 hours away from oxford so we know who the player is.

Could've Just been a misunderstanding**

chef dixon
03-04-2016, 01:28 PM
Dear god... everything is immediately spun to make it sound like no big deal/an accident or Ole Miss had great intentions. The player was "essentially homeless" or coaches "pocket dialed" recruits.

What a complete joke fest.

TrapGame
03-04-2016, 01:31 PM
True Story...

When I was a stupid teenager I skipped school one day and it really bothered me. So, I self reported myself to the office that I had violated school rules and skipped classes. I was applauded for my honesty...but I still got three days in-school suspension.

Commercecomet24
03-04-2016, 01:33 PM
Dear god... everything is immediately spun to make it sound like no big deal/an accident or Ole Miss had great intentions. The player was "essentially homeless" or coaches "pocket dialed" recruits.

What a complete joke fest.

Dang they sure have a lot of "accidents" and "mistakes" occur in recruiting.

Maroonandwhite
03-04-2016, 01:34 PM
I liked that the homeless football player was dog-sitting and then spent 18 nights at a teammate's girlfriend's apartment. What a great guy. Where is the heart of the landlord?

Mjoelner34
03-04-2016, 01:38 PM
I liked that the homeless football player was dog-sitting and then spent 18 nights at a teammate's girlfriend's apartment. What a great guy. Where is the heart of the landlord?

To me the best one where financial aide was given to a player that had not even qualified yet. I bet that happens to run-of-the-mill non-athletic students all the time!

Coach34
03-04-2016, 01:45 PM

How is staying 18 nights with a chick a violation?

TrapGame
03-04-2016, 01:50 PM
How is staying 18 nights with a chick a violation?

Oh, I'm sure he violated her in many different ways.

Maroonandwhite
03-04-2016, 01:50 PM
It's not. I just thought it was kind of funny. It was a nice gesture for the un-named player to look after his teammate's girlfriend and her apartment while he got his housing situation worked out.

TrapGame
03-04-2016, 01:52 PM
However, the recruit incorrectly entered one subscore of his ACT, which he took multiple times in order to qualify and was instead two points shy of qualifying status. An Ole Miss worker didn’t catch the recruit’s error, and the violation was discovered when the NCAA Eligibility Center certified the recruit as a non-qualifier.

Of course they didn't. They're not paid to "catch" errors.

Original48
03-04-2016, 02:26 PM
And where does the 'essentially homeless' player get the $270 he was forced to repay by the university for impermissible benefits? That's weird.

Political Hack
03-04-2016, 03:04 PM
Pretty sure athletes can still live in the dorms.

Taog Redloh
03-04-2016, 03:14 PM
Good Lord, this whole deal is a damned joke. Butt dials?? REALLY? mother f*ckers are insulting everyone's intelligence and there will be ZERO repercussions for it. Just have to sit back and laugh, just like Cam and his dad.

jumbo
03-04-2016, 03:30 PM
Good Lord, this whole deal is a damned joke. Butt dials?? REALLY? mother f*ckers are insulting everyone's intelligence and there will be ZERO repercussions for it. Just have to sit back and laugh, just like Cam and his dad.

these have nothing to do with the NOA. This is also the info that OM gave to rosebowl a few weeks ago.

BossDawg
03-04-2016, 03:40 PM
This is also the info that OM gave to rosebowl a few weeks ago.

Haha seriously? THIS is what they gave Steve? There must be some pretty good stuff in their NOA.

EdDawg
03-04-2016, 04:10 PM
Synopsis? I thought we weren't posting links to the CL anymore and I definitely won't give them a click.

Maroonandwhite
03-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Synopsis? I thought we weren't posting links to the CL anymore and I definitely won't give them a click.

Not much of anything. I just thought it was amusing. Nothing more. I usually don't pay them much attention either.

jumbo
03-04-2016, 04:17 PM

A bunch of self reported minor violations. Nothing of any consequence.

LC Dawg
03-04-2016, 04:20 PM
My wife butt dials quite a bit. Did they also self report losing their phone in their purse on numerous occasions?

miketice
03-04-2016, 04:22 PM
My wife butt dials quite a bit. Did they also self report losing their phone in their purse on numerous occasions?

I laughed

Coach34
03-04-2016, 04:29 PM

Every school has these Secondary- self reported violations every year like this. What the other 13 schools don't have is an NOA.

Taog Redloh
03-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Every school has these Secondary- self reported violations every year like this. What the other 13 schools don't have is an NOA.

I'm not questioning if they are in trouble, I am calling them out for using 'butt-dialing' as an excuse, as if any grown-ass person is going to halfway believe that. It's ludicrous. The spin is staggering.

Bucky Dog
03-04-2016, 05:37 PM

Yes this is just another case of OM using the CL to try and spin it to show how honest and upstanding they are and they would never intentionally cheat.

On another note, is it just me or does Beaver Freezus look like he has aged about 10 years recently?!

shannondawg
03-04-2016, 05:43 PM
They had Machine gun on Finebaum talking about SEC and Nat. Championships next year and how he is blessed to be a part of a such a yada yada yada.

I hate to talk about people, but since its ole miss, this guy looks like a nut job.

Martianlander
03-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Summary: Pay a small donation to charity and take a brief course on how to recruit. (And maybe not get caught=they hope)

Reason2succeed
03-04-2016, 06:36 PM
First, these are hilarious. Butt dials and not knowing how to return a loaner car. Basically, OM is a bunch of bumbling dumba$$es and the NCAA should quit picking on their Barney Fife program.

More specifically one stuck out to me. The one about the basketball player's "girlfriend" staying with a booster for "three days before a football game". First the language is very confusing. They should really take English class again. Second, what type of "girlfriend" is staying in a hotel room for THREE DAYS with a booster. The value of this 3 day hotel stay was $75. What in the heck? Where are hotel rooms that cheap on a football game weekend? After staying with her pimp for three days then she stayed with "family". How long did this bimbo hang around? Doesn't she have a job or another John or something?

I smell whoredom!!!

RocketDawg
03-04-2016, 07:13 PM
First, these are hilarious. Butt dials and not knowing how to return a loaner car. Basically, OM is a bunch of bumbling dumba$$es and the NCAA should quit picking on their Barney Fife program.

More specifically one stuck out to me. The one about the basketball player's "girlfriend" staying with a booster for "three days before a football game". First the language is very confusing. They should really take English class again. Second, what type of "girlfriend" is staying in a hotel room for THREE DAYS with a booster. The value of this 3 day hotel stay was $75. What in the heck? Where are hotel rooms that cheap on a football game weekend? After staying with her pimp for three days then she stayed with "family". How long did this bimbo hang around? Doesn't she have a job or another John or something?

I smell whoredom!!!

Yeah, those were ridiculous to the point of being hilarious. Pocket calls are certainly possible, even with an iPhone, but I don't think you can possibly get that many. They're pretty rare. And it's odd that the accidental calls would go to a recruit ... surely the coach's contact list is more extensive than that. Could be it did a last number redial ....?

And $25/day must have been quite a flop house. The cheapest I can find on a game day weekend in Columbus, 25 miles from Starkville, works out to about $150 for a decent game, a little cheaper for a minor game ... but not that cheap. Those are '70s prices. They could at least have given a realistic price. Or maybe it was a by-the-hour place, with no change of sheets? One never knows ....

starkvegasdawg
03-04-2016, 08:39 PM
The cockroaches and bed bugs were complimentary.