PDA

View Full Version : Lew's reels

State82
03-04-2016, 09:27 AM
Any of you guys have any experience with the newer models of Lew's reels? I mostly use Shimano stuff particularly in the marsh. But I've been thinking about trying something different for bass fishing. I own more reels than the average Dick's Sporting Goods but you know how fishermen are. Gotta always be looking for the next thing to spend money on. I'm seeing quite a few touring pros using them in the last few years. I have a few of the older models from 7-8 years ago but have not tried their new stuff.

SpeckleDawg
03-04-2016, 09:36 AM
I have actually been wondering about them myself. A lot of the local saltwater guys seem to love them lately. If they can hold up to saltwater use, they must be at least decent. There seem to be lots of sales going on for them at any given time as well. I have always been a shimano & abu garcia fan myself.

Barking 13
03-04-2016, 10:36 AM
I'm basically a Revo guy, but I'm gonna look hard at the Lews when I go to looking for another reel. My son just bought 4. I actually was going to buy one when they first came out a few years ago when the Classic was in New Orleans, but I found a better deal on a couple quantums with rods for about the same money, so I bought those instead.

7dawg
03-06-2016, 06:28 PM
Best reel made in my opinion. I have 5 of them and just got back from El Sato and Picachos with no hickups. I have had Diawa, Shimano, Abu Garcia and BP carbon light. Only reel I have not owned is Quantam. I will only buy Lew's from now on. I pair them with a Duckett Micro or GLoomis.

I also like the new 13 concept. I only have one of those, and it recently locked up, but was able to repair with a easy disasemble. Not sure what went wrong with it but working with no hiccups now. It actually can cast a weightless Senko farther than any of the Lews.

BeastMan
03-06-2016, 09:37 PM
I have heard nothing but good things but I don't personally have any

State82
03-08-2016, 12:00 AM
7dawg, which models do you have?

7dawg
03-09-2016, 12:31 PM
BB1-PRO series speed spool
2 tournament pro G speed spool
2 tournament mb speed spool

I like the BB1 and the tournament pro G models the best.

Uncle Ruckus
03-10-2016, 03:46 PM
I had one bad experience with a tournament mg about 3 years ago, I'll just say it broke. Just my opinion, but I'd spend the extra money and get a Chronarch if you're wanting a low profile.