PDA

View Full Version : Any chance UNM has enough goods on other SEC teams that they are blackmailing SEC?

blacklistedbully
03-03-2016, 03:02 PM
I know this is probably crazy talk, but if UNM really is in HUGE trouble, is there any way they might be threatening to bring others down with them if the SEC offices don't step in to help?

Big4Dawg
03-03-2016, 03:12 PM
This has nothing to do with the SEC at this point. No one can save them.

blacklistedbully
03-03-2016, 03:16 PM
This has nothing to do with the SEC at this point. No one can save them.

SEC has a lot of pull with the NCAA. See Scam Newton.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-03-2016, 03:18 PM
I know this is probably crazy talk

Could've stopped there

Dawg61
03-03-2016, 03:20 PM
Could've stopped there

It's blacklisted. He never stops.

starkvegasdawg
03-03-2016, 03:24 PM
It wouldn't surprise me that they get desperate enough here at the end to make a threat like that. In fact, I've already seen it on FB with bears posting they were going to turn over stuff they supposedly have on us and our recruiting. Proof they blame us when we have nothing to do with their current mess. But, I really don't think they want to piss off the entire conference by trying to turn everybody in. That would be a backfire scenario the likes of which the world has never seen. You want to be black-balled for the next 100 years? Then let it get out you were the school responsible for getting half the conference on probation. If we think officiating is biased now then I would hate to see the calls the bears would get in games should they try to pull that stunt. Nick Saban could have snipers in the lights of BDS taking out bear players on the field and the bears would be getting called for delay of game every time a player got capped.

blacklistedbully
03-03-2016, 03:28 PM
It's blacklisted. He never stops.

Pot...meet kettle.

TrapGame
03-03-2016, 03:28 PM
Their desperation justifies their guilt. The everybody's doing it defense might work for smoking weed and drinking beer with your bros but not falsifying grades and ACT scores.

TrapGame
03-03-2016, 03:31 PM
It wouldn't surprise me that they get desperate enough here at the end to make a threat like that. In fact, I've already seen it on FB with bears posting they were going to turn over stuff they supposedly have on us and our recruiting. Proof they blame us when we have nothing to do with their current mess. But, I really don't think they want to piss off the entire conference by trying to turn everybody in. That would be a backfire scenario the likes of which the world has never seen. You want to be black-balled for the next 100 years? Then let it get out you were the school responsible for getting half the conference on probation. If we think officiating is biased now then I would hate to see the calls the bears would get in games should they try to pull that stunt. Nick Saban could have snipers in the lights of BDS taking out bear players on the field and the bears would be getting called for delay of game every time a player got capped.

Oh, that's rich.

Coach34
03-03-2016, 03:32 PM
This is there latest message board and twitter threat. They gonna take errybody else down with them. It's a spoiled brat retort from scared little boys to whats coming their way

blacklistedbully
03-03-2016, 03:34 PM
Again, I'm only asking this now because some other threads are starting to talk about their woes being possibly big enough to bring the program down, not just athletically, but with the Feds coming down on them for misappropriation of federal funds.

If they truly are in danger of something that severe, I could easily see it costing them their membership in the SEC. In that case, what would they have to lose by threatening? Desperate times calling for desperate measures and all.

Yes, it's a big, "if", but since the possibility has been mentioned due to the Pell Grant rumors, is it not at least plausible they would threaten mutual destruction?

Dawg61
03-03-2016, 03:37 PM
Pot...meet kettle.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/gta-myths/images/6/6d/Lol_wut.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140121172907

Bubb Rubb
03-03-2016, 03:39 PM

It does have to do with us in this sense: they brought in freeze and threw caution to the wind on the recruiting front after we beat them three straight years. At the end of the day - that is what's gonna bring them down.

As far as the NCAA investigation itself? Yeah, we had nothing to do with that, but they are going to point to us and come after us when all of this is over - because nothing drives them more crazy than seeing us have success - especially over them. Nothing chaps them more than having to realize that during their best season since integration, they didn't make Atlanta, didn't achieve a #1 ranking, and lost to Memphis. Oh, and shortly, that Sugar Bowl win won't exist anymore either.

TrapGame
03-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Again, I'm only asking this now because some other threads are starting to talk about their woes being possibly big enough to bring the program down, not just athletically, but with the Feds coming down on them for misappropriation of federal funds.

If they truly are in danger of something that severe, I could easily see it costing them their membership in the SEC. In that case, what would they have to lose by threatening? Desperate times calling for desperate measures and all.

Yes, it's a big, "if", but since the possibility has been mentioned due to the Pell Grant rumors, is it not at least plausible they would threaten mutual destruction?

If they are really that stupid as to try to initiate mutual self destruction within the SEC the powers that be will come down on them so effing hard the aftershock will be felt in Gulfport.

PassInterference
03-03-2016, 03:45 PM
This is there latest message board and twitter threat. They gonna take errybody else down with them. It's a spoiled brat retort from scared little boys to whats coming their way

Stage 2: Anger

blacklistedbully
03-03-2016, 03:47 PM
If they are really that stupid as to try to initiate mutual self destruction within the SEC the powers that be will come down on them so effing hard the aftershock will be felt in Gulfport.

What might they do that could be worse than getting expelled from the SEC?

Homedawg
03-03-2016, 03:49 PM

Why would they take everyone down with them? They've done nothing wrong******

starkvegasdawg
03-03-2016, 03:50 PM

Almost makes me wish they would try to do it. This is what Oxford would like after they tried.

http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news_impact/photo/japan-disaster-aftermath-747d6a96afbe1068.jpg

Ifyouonlyknew
03-03-2016, 03:50 PM
Nobody is getting kicked out of the SEC

TrapGame
03-03-2016, 03:52 PM
What might they do that could be worse than getting expelled from the SEC?

If ole miss tries to rat on half the schools in the SEC they're done for good. They'd be a lowly D1 school forevermore. And they'd eventually lose the med and law schools.

Todd4State
03-03-2016, 03:53 PM
Almost makes me wish they would try to do it. This is what Oxford would like after they tried.

http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news_impact/photo/japan-disaster-aftermath-747d6a96afbe1068.jpg

I thought that was what it looked like now.

Todd4State
03-03-2016, 03:55 PM
If ole miss tries to rat on half the schools in the SEC they're done for good. They'd be a lowly D1 school forevermore. And they'd eventually lose the med and law schools.

I think the worst thing that could ever happen for them even somewhat realistically would be that they become the Vanderbilt football of the SEC West. They're not going to get kicked out of the SEC or lose their law school or med school over any of this.

Really Clark?
03-03-2016, 03:56 PM
Not saying they have that much on all the other schools, but they are flat goofy if they think the SEC offices wouldn't step in before it came to that to protect the league. The SEC has already warned them that they were rouge and needed to get back in line. Not down the pecking order behind the big schools but stay in line with the league as a whole and if they got caught it was on them. Not anybody else and the league would protect itself.

MSUDawg99
03-03-2016, 04:01 PM
I know this is probably crazy talk, but if UNM really is in HUGE trouble, is there any way they might be threatening to bring others down with them if the SEC offices don't step in to help?

This has already been brought up in other threads in the recent past. It's stupid & it's not going to happen. No point in discussing.

BossDawg
03-03-2016, 04:04 PM
It wouldn't surprise me that they get desperate enough here at the end to make a threat like that. In fact, I've already seen it on FB with bears posting they were going to turn over stuff they supposedly have on us and our recruiting.

That's just a knee jerk reaction, and they are running with everything they can fabricate in their minds that makes them feel better. You know the old saying, "misery loves company". Well, they are desperate for someone to drag down with them. Of course State is their benchmark for determining success, and as pointed out elsewhere in this thread, they panic when State shows any signs of life, so naturally we are their #1 target.

It's nothing but hot garbage from them and hollow threats. Always has been, always will be.

TrapGame
03-03-2016, 04:16 PM
I think the worst thing that could ever happen for them even somewhat realistically would be that they become the Vanderbilt football of the SEC West. They're not going to get kicked out of the SEC or lose their law school or med school over any of this.

It depends on how bad they royally piss off the other SEC schools. Sometimes you gotta cut off the arm to save the rest of the body.

Dawg61
03-03-2016, 04:20 PM
There's 0.00% chance Old Misses will ever get kicked out of the SEC

blacklistedbully
03-03-2016, 04:50 PM
This has already been brought up in other threads in the recent past. It's stupid & it's not going to happen. No point in discussing.

Feel free to invite yourself out of the thread. Nobody forcing you to participate.

I have seen threads talking about coming after us, and maybe Bama. Haven't seen one asking about the SEC offices.

Also, I stated from the beginning it's not something I'm thinking is likely, rather I am basing this speculation on the idea that others have put forth that UNM could see a catastrophic problem if they somehow lost federal funding due to possible Pell Grant fraud.

This whole thread begins and ends on speculating that is true, then questions worst case, desperation scenario.

TrapGame
03-03-2016, 04:58 PM
Feel free to invite yourself out of the thread. Nobody forcing you to participate.

I have seen threads talking about coming after us, and maybe Bama. Haven't seen one asking about the SEC offices.

Also, I stated from the beginning it's not something I'm thinking is likely, rather I am basing this speculation on the idea that others have put forth that UNM could see a catastrophic problem if they somehow lost federal funding due to possible Pell Grant fraud.

This whole thread begins and ends on speculating that is true, then questions worst case, desperation scenario.

THIS^^^^

If they somehow trip over into an actual federal criminal case then there's no telling what might happen. That's a whole new ball game.

TUSK
03-03-2016, 05:03 PM
That would crack me up...

If OM tried to roll over on Bammer, Fla., UGA, AU, etc, they may as well send back the SEC-EBT card they've been issued....

Todd4State
03-03-2016, 05:04 PM
It depends on how bad they royally piss off the other SEC schools. Sometimes you gotta cut off the arm to save the rest of the body.

Them not being in the SEC still wouldn't mean that they would lose their law school or medical school though. I can't see the SEC dumping them even if they get the death penalty. It just won't happen.

Liverpooldawg
03-03-2016, 05:15 PM
Them not being in the SEC still wouldn't mean that they would lose their law school or medical school though. I can't see the SEC dumping them even if they get the death penalty. It just won't happen.

They will never lose the law school. I could see a point in the future where UMC becomes its own entity. It probably should be. If that ever happens it won't have anything whatsoever to do with athletics.

TrapGame
03-03-2016, 06:57 PM

Well, shit. I guess they figure Vandy needs someone to beat up on.

Liverpooldawg
03-03-2016, 07:10 PM
They don't have enough weight to take on the whole SEC. You can, however, bet every last cent you have with no risk whatsoever that they WILL try to take US down with them.

TUSK
03-03-2016, 07:36 PM
They don't have enough weight to take on the whole SEC. You can, however, bet every last cent you have with no risk whatsoever that they WILL try to take US down with them.

this is correct....

every bit of retaliatory effort they expend will be directed at you guys...

Commercecomet24
03-03-2016, 07:57 PM

Maybe but I don't think the NCAA gonna waste a lot of time or money investigating our 3 star recruits. And that's not a knock on our guys at all. We just haven't landed the high profile guys like unm or rest of sec. Our recruiting has been normal. I'm glad Dan is running a clean program, especially with all the investigators running all over the state.

Liverpooldawg
03-03-2016, 10:55 PM
Maybe but I don't think the NCAA gonna waste a lot of time or money investigating our 3 star recruits. And that's not a knock on our guys at all. We just haven't landed the high profile guys like unm or rest of sec. Our recruiting has been normal. I'm glad Dan is running a clean program, especially with all the investigators running all over the state.

I agree but don't think for a second that that will stop UM from trying.

Dawgbite
03-03-2016, 11:31 PM
That would crack me up...

If OM tried to roll over on Bammer, Fla., UGA, AU, etc, they may as well send back the SEC-EBT card they've been issued....
SEC-EBT card, that's funny but true. Thank Nick for ours next time you see him.