03-03-2016, 01:02 PM
https://twitter.com/TDARaginCajuns/status/705427020973363200

OM football record is going to be adjusted

JDog13
03-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Sup haters?

chainedup_Dawg
03-03-2016, 01:19 PM
"That's a good thing" tweet in 5, 4, 3, 2.....

Leroy Jenkins
03-03-2016, 01:21 PM
The Committee on Infractions "noted that while the University likely could not have stopped the concealed activities of the former assistant coach, ultimately, the University is responsible for its employees' actions."

This is why it doesn't matter if it's "old stuff under former coaches", the school is accountable as well as the employees. Every time you hear that excuse remember this.

DawgNamedScuba
03-03-2016, 01:21 PM
The NCAA’s Committee on Infractions ruled then that Saunders, now the head coach at Pearl River Community College in Mississippi, “violated NCAA rules by arranging fraudulent college entrance exam scores for five prospects,” and that he also denied his involvement and failed to cooperate in the investigation.

If he was unwilling to cooperate I wonder how much Ole Miss is unwilling to cooperate.

Boodawg
03-03-2016, 01:25 PM
I wonder if he had cooperated, would his and the university's punishment been lighter? Guess we'll never know. They should've said at the end, "What does this mean for the u of m"?

DawgNamedScuba
03-03-2016, 01:27 PM
I wonder if he had cooperated, would his and the university's punishment been lighter? Guess we'll never know. They should've said at the end, "What does this mean for the u of m"?

Probably not he still paid for play. But where is my pop corn Ole Miss is next!

Really Clark?
03-03-2016, 01:29 PM

His would have been but ULL received the lightest punishment they could under Level 1 violations because they did cooperate fully and investigated themselves very diligently.

JoseBrown
03-03-2016, 01:30 PM
Looks like Ole Miss is in deep doo doo! If this is foreshadowing of things to come, this is gonna be fun!! And it's no wonder they hid the NOI.

TrapGame
03-03-2016, 01:37 PM
But...but...there's nothing to see here...B-Dork said so...It doesn't involve Freeze...It's all on Nutt...

Oh, I can't wait to be the biggest asshole on Facebook.

starkvegasdawg
03-03-2016, 01:37 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_4jefWpoWd5SClvSkqCB5_vpp-SwPIr9bGhPQ1T6m4m9TWp6j

Boodawg
03-03-2016, 01:38 PM
How many Level 1's did UL have and how many does um have so far that we know about or that they've admitted to?

YazooDawg23
03-03-2016, 01:42 PM
So ULL gets 2 years probation and has to vacate a lot of wins along with restrictions on visits and communication. To me, these types of penalties are the absolute floor of what Ole Miss can get. Add the tunsil stuff and whatever else they can dig up and it could get bad for them. We shall see.

Really Clark?
03-03-2016, 01:45 PM
How many Level 1's did UL have and how many does um have so far that we know about or that they've admitted to?

ULL had 1, Saunders had 3 for his time at ULL. A total of 4 Level 1's. They had no other violations besides these 4

We don't know how many Level 1's UNM have

starkvegasdawg
03-03-2016, 01:46 PM

http://i.imgur.com/JZUZKN2.gif

Big4Dawg
03-03-2016, 01:47 PM
According to UL's statement, the Committee on Infractions "noted that while the University likely could not have stopped the concealed activities of the former assistant coach, ultimately, the University is responsible for its employees’ actions."

DawgNamedScuba
03-03-2016, 01:54 PM
According to UL's statement, the Committee on Infractions "noted that while the University likely could not have stopped the concealed activities of the former assistant coach, ultimately, the University is responsible for its employees? actions."

http://replygif.net/i/960.gif

Thompson92
03-03-2016, 01:55 PM
Plus, I believe ULL received a "mitigated" Level 1, since they didn't know about it and fired Saunders when they found out. Saunders received "aggravated" Level 1 violations, for obvious reasons. I would not want to be at a school that committed multiple aggravated Level 1 violations.

Coach34
03-03-2016, 01:56 PM
ULL had 1, Saunders had 3 for his time at ULL. A total of 4 Level 1's. They had no other violations besides these 4

We don't know how many Level 1's UNM have

This is important to remember. ULL had 1- ONE- UNO....Level 1 violation and this is the penalty they received. Northern Miss has at least one and probably more

Boodawg
03-03-2016, 02:00 PM
So one level 1 violation, and that's it or is it one level 1 and a bunch of other secondary violations etc. If only one level 1 and they got this punishment, this is going to be great.

1bigdawg
03-03-2016, 02:03 PM
The NCAA’s Committee on Infractions ruled then that Saunders, now the head coach at Pearl River Community College in Mississippi, “violated NCAA rules by arranging fraudulent college entrance exam scores for five prospects,” and that he also denied his involvement and failed to cooperate in the investigation.

If he was unwilling to cooperate I wonder how much Ole Miss is unwilling to cooperate.

I wonder if he refused to cooperate after being promised the Pearl River Community College job. Also, is his pay at PRCC public record?

Really Clark?
03-03-2016, 02:05 PM
Plus, I believe ULL received a "mitigated" Level 1, since they didn't know about it and fired Saunders when they found out. Saunders received "aggravated" Level 1 violations, for obvious reasons. I would not want to be at a school that committed multiple aggravated Level 1 violations.

That is correct.

Dolphus Raymond
03-03-2016, 02:07 PM
Damn it must suck to be ole miss right now. I would imagine the atmosphere in the ole miss atheletic department must be similar to that of Hitler's Berlin bunker in the spring of 1945. "The old men and children they send out to face us can't slow us down. "
Oh well, F--K Ole Miss.

Really Clark?
03-03-2016, 02:10 PM
So one level 1 violation, and that's it or is it one level 1 and a bunch of other secondary violations etc. If only one level 1 and they got this punishment, this is going to be great.

Who? UNM? We don't how many Level 1's they have. But don't confuse Level 2 as secondary. Those are major violations as well. Just not the most egregious compared to Level 1. Level 3 and 4 violations are considered secondary under the old structure. Don't let UNM twist a Level 2 as any thing other than a major violation. Scholarship reductions, probation, show causes, etc are all possible punishments for Level 2 violations as well. In fact, a Level 2 standard violation carries the identical penalty structure as a Level 1 mitigated, which is where ULL penalties fell. Level 1 mitigated.

blacklistedbully
03-03-2016, 02:11 PM
Keep in mind, there is only one school that hired David Saunders more than once. UNM hired him on 3 separate occasions. How's that gonna look to the NCAA compared to ULL firing him on-the-spot?

maroonmania
03-03-2016, 02:11 PM
Damn it must suck to be ole miss right now. I would imagine the atmosphere in the ole miss atheletic department must be similar to that of Hitler's Berlin bunker in the spring of 1945. "The old men and children they send out to face us can't slow us down. "
Oh well, F--K Ole Miss.

Certainly not deterring their recruiting efforts. Even with all of this baggage hanging over them they just picked up another player via graduate transfer that was supposedly Oregon State's leading tackler last year.

Coach34
03-03-2016, 02:18 PM
Certainly not deterring their recruiting efforts. Even with all of this baggage hanging over them they just picked up another player via graduate transfer that was supposedly Oregon State's leading tackler last year.

Why would it right now???

Dawgtini
03-03-2016, 02:23 PM

That's because there is nothing to see. All old, under Nutt, minor with Freeze, women's bball, track. Nothing to it really, maybe a few schollys, like 9 over 3 years. Nothing to it, it is all MSU and BAMA being jealous of the awesomeness that is Hugh Freeze. **

SDDawg
03-03-2016, 02:24 PM
Dude, that Oregon State guy is not anything to scream about. He's a body - he was the leading tackler on a 2 - 10 football team in a relatively weak league (top to bottom). Let that sink in for a minute - ain't much to see there.

Martianlander
03-03-2016, 02:27 PM
But...but...there's nothing to see here...B-Dork said so...It doesn't involve Freeze...It's all on Nutt...

Oh, I can't wait to be the biggest asshole on Facebook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSjK2Oqrgic

Coach34
03-03-2016, 02:27 PM
That's because there is nothing to see. All old, under Nutt, minor with Freeze, women's bball, track. Nothing to it really, maybe a few schollys, like 9 over 3 years. Nothing to it, it is all MSU and BAMA being jealous of the awesomeness that is Hugh Freeze. **

Exactly-This is what they tell recruits and such- and later when its worse- they will say they had no idea it was this bad.

maroonmania
03-03-2016, 02:31 PM
Why would it right now???

Well, if I was going to go to a school I would tend to want to do some research if I knew they were holding an NOA from the NCAA. But, maybe if they are getting their payouts they don't really care what is happening to the program as a whole.

QuadrupleOption
03-03-2016, 02:32 PM
According to what the NCAA called “facts of the case,” Saunders “developed a relationship with an administrator for a college entrance exam test site, which ultimately led to five prospects obtaining fraudulent exam scores.”

The NCAA identified that administrator as Ginny Crager, a now-retired Wayne County (Mississippi) High teacher.

So is there any way to see which UNM athletes took their ACT tests at that facility? Because it looks to me like they're screwed.

maroonmania
03-03-2016, 02:32 PM

Seriously, are most recruits really THAT na?ve?

Coach34
03-03-2016, 02:37 PM

yes

Ifyouonlyknew
03-03-2016, 02:38 PM

Most recruits don't understand the ins & outs of an NCAA investigation. Hell a lot of adults don't. So if the school that's supposed to be in trouble is telling me nothing is wrong & it's all old stuff why would I panic if they're acting like it's not a big deal. They haven't seen anything bad all over the TV or internet yet so the coaches must be telling the truth.

msstate7
03-03-2016, 02:43 PM
Most recruits don't understand the ins & outs of an NCAA investigation. Hell a lot of adults don't. So if the school that's supposed to be in trouble is telling me nothing is wrong & it's all old stuff why would I panic if they're acting like it's not a big deal. They haven't seen anything bad all over the TV or internet yet so the coaches must be telling the truth.

Besides that, when is the last time someone got hammered? Usc? How old were these recruits then.

starkvegasdawg
03-03-2016, 02:44 PM
Well, if I was going to go to a school I would tend to want to do some research if I knew they were holding an NOA from the NCAA. But, maybe if they are getting their payouts they don't really care what is happening to the program as a whole.

I'm assuming you aren't a 17 year old kid with p***y on the brain 24/7. The only thing they're researching is how to get the hottie sitting next to them in English class to come out of those pants she's wearing.

War Machine Dawg
03-03-2016, 02:44 PM
I wonder if he refused to cooperate after being promised the Pearl River Community College job. Also, is his pay at PRCC public record?

Considering it's our tax dollars, it's supposed to be.

blacklistedbully
03-03-2016, 02:45 PM
So is there any way to see which UNM athletes took their ACT tests at that facility? Because it looks to me like they're screwed.

I asked this question long ago. Thought someone on here was going to research. Anybody? I'd really like to know which kids took the test in Waynesboro, particularly those that live much closer to other testing sites.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-03-2016, 02:48 PM
Besides that, when is the last time someone got hammered? Usc? How old were these recruits then.

Football or in general because Syracuse & SMU basketball both got hit pretty hard.

Really Clark?
03-03-2016, 02:53 PM
I asked this question long ago. Thought someone on here was going to research. Anybody? I'd really like to know which kids took the test in Waynesboro, particularly those that live much closer to other testing sites.

You have nothing to research with this line of questioning. Other than UNM admissions and the ACT itself, who are you going to ask to hand over privacy information? That is a dead end search for an ordinary citizen.

msstate7
03-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Football or in general because Syracuse & SMU basketball both got hit pretty hard.

Football...

I like the fact the NCAA is bringing more bite these days like in the Syracuse and smu cases. Hopefully om is the football program that gets hammered next

QuadrupleOption
03-03-2016, 03:02 PM
Also of note: ULL just got hammered for 4 allegations. 4. FOUR. Cuatro.

The NCAA issued a four-count notice of allegations earlier in 2015, and UL subsequently responded.

UNM has been served 19 allegations. 19. Nineteen. Diecinueve.

But what's the line they're spouting? 9 over 3? L. O. L.

blacklistedbully
03-03-2016, 03:03 PM
You have nothing to research with this line of questioning. Other than UNM admissions and the ACT itself, who are you going to ask to hand over privacy information? That is a dead end search for an ordinary citizen.

How did someone find out about TC doing it?

Really Clark?
03-03-2016, 03:05 PM
Also of note: ULL just got hammered for 4 allegations. 4. FOUR. Cuatro.

UNM has been served 19 allegations. 19. Nineteen. Diecinueve.

But what's the line they're spouting? 9 over 3? L. O. L.

Actually, as was stated earlier in this thread, ULL was given the min penalty under their ONE Level 1 violation. The other three violations were for Saunders directly. ULL had only 1 violation.

Really Clark?
03-03-2016, 03:07 PM
How did someone find out about TC doing it?

A source close to one player telling people something is one thing. Researching all of their signee's over multiple years is a world of difference and NOT available to the general public.

notsofarawaydawg
03-03-2016, 03:08 PM
yes

GREEN > TRUTH

Boodawg
03-03-2016, 03:18 PM
Actually, as was stated earlier in this thread, ULL was given the min penalty under their ONE Level 1 violation. The other three violations were for Saunders directly. ULL had only 1 violation.

Awesome, that's what I wanted to know. Now we can assume that um will get at the very least, what ULL got.

HSVDawg
03-03-2016, 03:28 PM
It's been discussed ad nauseum before, but there is a big difference in vacating wins vs. forfeiting wins. Vacating basically means you lose claim to various championships, stripped of trophies, etc., but the wins are NOT awarded to your opponents in the record books. Forfeiting wins actually changes the historical winners and losers of the games like it did with us in the 70's with the Larry Gilliard scandal.

This article is actually pretty poorly written as it uses the two terms interchangeably, and its honestly not clear which one is really the case. I'd be very surprised if the NCAA was actually calling for a forfeiture of wins as that is not something they have done in any case in almost 20 years (mid 90's at Bama with the Antonio Langham case was the last time I remember it happening). If its only vacating the wins, its a pretty pointless sanction because the records don't change and everybody remembers the true winners on the field anyway. I wouldn't get my hopes up for any retroactive Egg Bowl wins, if thats what yall are hoping for. Mass scholarship cuts would be way more substantial and thats what I hope they get.

Political Hack
03-03-2016, 03:32 PM
Keep in mind, there is only one school that hired David Saunders more than once. UNM hired him on 3 separate occasions. How's that gonna look to the NCAA compared to ULL firing him on-the-spot?

He was an ASSOCIATE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR there. That SCREAMS LOIC like nothing I've ever heard.

confucius say
03-03-2016, 03:33 PM
I agree. But vacating wins does change win loss records. For example, if da bears vacate three wins against us, we don't get to add the wins to out record, but we do subtract the losses.

HSVDawg
03-03-2016, 03:42 PM
I agree. But vacating wins does change win loss records. For example, if da bears vacate three wins against us, we don't get to add the wins to out record, but we do subtract the losses.

Not correct. Our record does not change. See below:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/friv/forfeits.cgi

PassInterference
03-03-2016, 03:44 PM
Whatever. I look forward to watching Ole Miss fans defending why Hugh Freeze is averaging 3 wins/year.

blacklistedbully
03-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Not correct. Our record does not change. See below:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/friv/forfeits.cgi

That's just SR's policy.

PassInterference
03-03-2016, 03:47 PM
Whatever. I look forward to watching Ole Miss fans defending why Hugh Freeze is averaging 3 wins/year.

Let's have some more fun with this...

Hugh Freeze hasn't beaten a ranked team, EVAR!!!

Hugh Freeze hasn't beaten a P5 team, EVAR!!!!

etc

etc

etc

maroonmania
03-03-2016, 03:55 PM
I'm assuming you aren't a 17 year old kid with p***y on the brain 24/7. The only thing they're researching is how to get the hottie sitting next to them in English class to come out of those pants she's wearing.

Yep, which goes back to my earlier conjecture that, for a lot of these recruits, as long as they are getting paid and laid then not much else matters.

maroonmania
03-03-2016, 03:58 PM
It's been discussed ad nauseum before, but there is a big difference in vacating wins vs. forfeiting wins. Vacating basically means you lose claim to various championships, stripped of trophies, etc., but the wins are NOT awarded to your opponents in the record books. Forfeiting wins actually changes the historical winners and losers of the games like it did with us in the 70's with the Larry Gilliard scandal.

This article is actually pretty poorly written as it uses the two terms interchangeably, and its honestly not clear which one is really the case. I'd be very surprised if the NCAA was actually calling for a forfeiture of wins as that is not something they have done in any case in almost 20 years (mid 90's at Bama with the Antonio Langham case was the last time I remember it happening). If its only vacating the wins, its a pretty pointless sanction because the records don't change and everybody remembers the true winners on the field anyway. I wouldn't get my hopes up for any retroactive Egg Bowl wins, if thats what yall are hoping for. Mass scholarship cuts would be way more substantial and thats what I hope they get.

I'm sure its actually vacating. I can't remember the last time the NCAA actually forced someone to forfeit wins. That's because they want the accused's record to change but no one else's.

HSVDawg
03-03-2016, 04:24 PM
That's just SR's policy.

SR's policy actually doesn't acknowledge either one. They only acknowledge what occured on the field and put a "F" or "V" in an "Adjustment" column for any games where the result is later altered by NCAA penalty. Whether an "F" or "V" is used is based on the NCAA's definition of each, which is what is listed above.

mparkerfd20
03-03-2016, 04:38 PM

This is not limited to 17 year olds.

LC Dawg
03-03-2016, 04:41 PM
Them vacating wins is nice and all but I want to see a big loss of scholarships. I want those self righteous bastards to lose enough scholarships that every one of their fans - from the multi-millionaire felon ex-attorneys to the whore debutantes all the way down to the redneck with a rebel flag tattoo who is serving weekends for meth possession - is assured that the only way they will get back to the Sugar Bowl in a long, long time is to get their names on the waiting list for tickets.

maroonmania
03-03-2016, 04:52 PM
Them vacating wins is nice and all but I want to see a big loss of scholarships. I want those self righteous bastards to lose enough scholarships that every one of their fans - from the multi-millionaire felon ex-attorneys to the whore debutantes all the way down to the redneck with a rebel flag tattoo who is serving weekends for meth possession - to be assured that the only way they will get back to the Sugar Bowl in a long, long time is to get their names on the waiting list for tickets.

Vacating wins for a program that has never really accomplished anything (like UNM) is about the most toothless punishment that you could possibly come up with. It means literally nothing. Now if you did that to someone with a conference or national championship at stake it would at least have a little bite to it.

BrunswickDawg
03-03-2016, 05:00 PM
Vacating wins for a program that has never really accomplished anything (like UNM) is about the most toothless punishment that you could possibly come up with. It means literally nothing. Now if you did that to someone with a conference or national championship at stake it would at least have a little bite to it.

I disagree. I think vacating wins for a program like OM does accomplish something - a permanent stain on the record that says "your 'Glory Years' are tainted". "But we went to B2B NY6 Bowls!!" Tainted. "We won the recruiting class". Tainted. "3 out of 4 Egg Bowls!" Tainted. "First Sugar in 50 years!!!" Tainted.

Boodawg
03-03-2016, 05:01 PM

Yeah, when I first read about punishment they handed UL, I thought they got hit hard, but the more we look at it, the punishment seems pretty light. Especially if the vacated wins don't go off of the lose column of the other team. That's BS.

deltadawg99
03-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Bowl ban, loss of scholarships and coaching no show clause. That's the only punishment that would actually hurt OM and make them stop throwing cash around.

Vacating wins? Big deal. They ain't taking down the Sugar Bowl Champs 2016 banner at the stadium even if they did have to give the trophy back, and the banner is what recruits are going to see.

Boodawg
03-03-2016, 05:12 PM
Bowl ban, loss of scholarships and coaching no show clause. That's the only punishment that would actually hurt OM and make them stop throwing cash around.

Vacating wins? Big deal. They ain't taking down the Sugar Bowl Champs 2016 banner at the stadium even if they did have to give the trophy back, and the banner is what recruits are going to see.

And sounds like they don't even have to give back trophy, it just has to be taken out of public display. This vacating BS is ridiculous, they should have to give the wins back to the opponents. Who came up with this line of reasoning?

confucius say
03-03-2016, 05:26 PM
SR's policy actually doesn't acknowledge either one. They only acknowledge what occured on the field and put a "F" or "V" in an "Adjustment" column for any games where the result is later altered by NCAA penalty. Whether an "F" or "V" is used is based on the NCAA's definition of each, which is what is listed above.

Interesting. I looked it up. There is support for what you are saying. But espn takes the position that a vacate equals the game was never played.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/4734/what-does-vacating-wins-really-mean

Wikipedia does as well. And notes that several articles say the same. But does acknowledge the ncaa's policy. Interesting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_College_football/Vacated_victories

Coach34
03-03-2016, 05:34 PM
They ain't taking down the Sugar Bowl Champs 2016 banner at the stadium even if they did have to give the trophy back, and the banner is what recruits are going to see.

They wont have a choice on that

shannondawg
03-03-2016, 05:44 PM
I could care less about the wins being vacated, I am just savoring the fact on how much fun I will have on getting my annual bet back from my buddy for the last two years. It won't be easy, but being retired I have lots of time on my hand and truth be known, I hope he doesn't give in too easily.

Liverpooldawg
03-03-2016, 06:03 PM
I could care less about the wins being vacated, I am just savoring the fact on how much fun I will have on getting my annual bet back from my buddy for the last two years. It won't be easy, but being retired I have lots of time on my hand and truth be known, I hope he doesn't give in too easily.

If it goes from Saunders all the way up through now you may get to reclaim more than just the last two years.

BulldogBear
03-03-2016, 06:10 PM

Agreed on both accounts. Vacating wins does nothing toward the future. It's a little lame.

Bubb Rubb
03-03-2016, 06:13 PM

If they vacate wins, they can't display banners. Memphis basketball had to take down their final four banner after the Derrick Rose fiasco.

Coach34
03-03-2016, 06:44 PM
Agreed on both accounts. Vacating wins does nothing toward the future. It's a little lame.

Nobody said vacating would be their only punishment- just part of the fun

Liverpooldawg
03-03-2016, 06:47 PM
If they vacate wins, they can't display banners. Memphis basketball had to take down their final four banner after the Derrick Rose fiasco.

This is Ole Miss we are talking about. They will probably incorporate the banner in the support structure of their new expansion and tell the NCAA they would have to tear down the whole stadium to take it down. " New and innovative ways with dealing with the NCAA " and all.

TrapGame
03-03-2016, 07:00 PM
Nobody said vacating would be their only punishment- just part of the fun

Nothing like a little salt in the wound.

turkish
03-03-2016, 07:17 PM
Vacating wins? Yawn.

Jack Lambert
03-03-2016, 07:59 PM
Is it a forfeit or vacaded?

Jack Lambert
03-03-2016, 08:00 PM

they display banners for virgin girls who go to Ole Miss.

MedDawg
03-03-2016, 10:09 PM

Liverpooldawg
03-03-2016, 10:52 PM
Look for "on the field" to become a favorite phrase of OM fans and the Clarion Ledger.

Yep, they may even give us back our two Egg Bowls from the Tyler era after this.

2006Dawg
03-03-2016, 11:07 PM
They wont have a choice on that

Who are your sources saying are the ineligible guys they played this past year? All they've been spouting is that the academic stuff is from years ago. Would be fun to see it hit closer to home.

dawgbowski
03-04-2016, 12:40 AM

PLEEEASSEEE!!!!

Martianlander
03-04-2016, 08:55 AM
they display banners for virgin girls who go to Ole Miss.

Blank banner?

starkvegasdawg
03-04-2016, 09:04 AM
This is Ole Miss we are talking about. They will probably incorporate the banner in the support structure of their new expansion and tell the NCAA they would have to tear down the whole stadium to take it down. " New and innovative ways with dealing with the NCAA " and all.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41G4RRA8wEL._SY300_.jpg

TippyToe_Dawg
03-04-2016, 09:26 AM
Hypothetically speaking let's say ole miss has to vacate wins which means they cannot claim them. Then technically wouldn't the following statement be correct:
"Hugh Freeze/ole miss 0 - 5 against Dan Mullen/MSU....Heck, this was our STATE all along!...GO DAWGS!"
That would be great to see on billboards all around the state. Not to mention piss the ever living sh^t out of all the ole miss idiots.

Bubb Rubb
03-04-2016, 09:43 AM
Hypothetically speaking let's say ole miss has to vacate wins which means they cannot claim them. Then technically wouldn't the following statement be correct:
"Hugh Freeze/ole miss 0 - 5 against Dan Mullen/MSU....Heck, this was our STATE all along!...GO DAWGS!"
That would be great to see on billboards all around the state. Not to mention piss the ever living sh^t out of all the ole miss idiots.

"Can't beat us without cheating" would be more succinct.

BB30
03-04-2016, 09:54 AM
Lets just hope the NCAA doesn't go light on them. With as much money that is at stake, I'm still not sold that they will get hit hard. Just ready to see what all the NCAA actually has on them and hopefully the punishment will fit the charge. If they get through this relatively unscathed that will suck.

Really Clark?
03-04-2016, 10:10 AM
I also want to remind everyone when the response comes out the self imposed penalties listed does NOT mean that is all they will get necessarily. No matter what the UNM spin will be. Suspect they will go with the "this is it and it's over". The NCAA can and do add extra penalties on top of the self imposed in a lot of cases. They added extra for ULL and they cooperated so much that the penalties were of the mitigated variety. And the NCAA still added to the self imposed.

Liverpooldawg
03-04-2016, 10:16 AM
This one is a watershed case now I think. Everybody in the country, and certainly in the SEC, has at least some idea of what they were doing. If they are allowed to skate lightly that sends a message just as clearly as it will if they are get hammered. This one is being watched, and not just by us.

maroonmania
03-04-2016, 10:31 AM
This one is a watershed case now I think. Everybody in the country, and certainly in the SEC, has at least some idea of what they were doing. If they are allowed to skate lightly that sends a message just as clearly as it will if they are get hammered. This one is being watched, and not just by us.

True, if UNM gets off lightly you are going to have an additional rash of schools willing to push the envelope more and more in recruiting because the rewards will be shown to greatly outweigh the consequences if you get caught.

PassInterference
03-04-2016, 10:58 AM
Ole Miss coaches are hiring person lawyers, but its just minor stuff. I mean everybody lawyers up for speeding tickets and whatnot, right?

Clanga
03-05-2016, 12:18 AM
Looks like Ole Miss is in deep doo doo! If this is foreshadowing of things to come, this is gonna be fun!! And it's no wonder they hid the NOI.

#Clanga

starkvegasdawg
03-05-2016, 03:01 AM
#Clanga
Getting whiffs of bear excrement.