PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood has taken a classic...

Coach34
03-03-2016, 11:01 AM
and remade it into a turd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

BeardoMSU
03-03-2016, 11:07 AM
Yeah....it looks terrible. The CGI looks horrible. And it seems they are going straight comedy with this one, over-the-top comedy I might add, while the original could have elements that jumped from serious, to scary, to black comedy, to comedy without ever feeling forced.

MaroonDawg25
03-03-2016, 12:12 PM
Yeah....it looks terrible. The CGI looks horrible. And it seems they are going straight comedy with this one, over-the-top comedy I might add, while the original could have elements that jumped from serious, to scary, to black comedy, to comedy without ever feeling forced.

I don't know I kinda like the CGI. I think it's supposed to be like the old movies but with a refresh. Still the same style just better effects. I'd have to agree on the comedy. I don't think Hollywood knows how to make a good comedy anymore without over the top jokes or vulgar humor.

CJDAWG85
03-03-2016, 12:15 PM
I just saw this... a little part of me died afterwards.

TrapGame
03-03-2016, 12:16 PM
If it's got Melissa McCarthy in it then it sucks.

I guess we need a remake of The Godfather with Ben Affleck as Michael and Will Ferrell as Sonny.

BeardoMSU
03-03-2016, 12:24 PM
I guess we need a remake of The Godfather with Ben Affleck as Michael and Will Ferrell as Sonny.

Haha. Affleck has turned into a really good actor and director, but I agree, we need to stop it with the shitty re-treads.

Dawg61
03-03-2016, 12:26 PM
Wow a lot of people will be fired for this disaster

BeardoMSU
03-03-2016, 12:28 PM

I think you underestimate the movie going public these days. The crowd that made Jurassic World a smash hit, will do the same for this, I bet.

SignalToNoise
03-03-2016, 12:29 PM

They will be praised for thrusting women into the spotlighting and crushing MISOGYNY and FEMALE OPPRESSION GENDER INEQUALITY PATRIARCHY OMG!!11!1!oneone

BeardoMSU
03-03-2016, 12:33 PM
They will be praised for thrusting women into the spotlighting and crushing MISOGYNY and FEMALE OPPRESSION GENDER INEQUALITY PATRIARCHY OMG!!11!1!oneone

The female leads is the component I have the least problem with. I do take issue with the casting choices (e.g., McCarthy), but I don't think its a crazy concept.

What is depressing though, is the original cast were in talks to reprise their roles long before this re-tread was decided on. Unfortunately, Harold Ramis died during pre-production, so they called it off.

Dawg61
03-03-2016, 12:33 PM
I think you underestimate the movie going public these days. The crowd that made Jurassic World a smash hit, will do the same for this, I bet.

Ha I liked Jurassic World, mostly cause Chris Pratt is awesome but yea I was entertained for 2 hours for $20. It looked awesome in Imax.

defiantdog
03-03-2016, 12:34 PM
Harold Ramis may come out of his grave and slap someone for this remake.

BeardoMSU
03-03-2016, 12:35 PM
Ha I liked Jurassic World, mostly cause Chris Pratt is awesome but yea I was entertained for 2 hours for $20. It looked awesome in Imax.

Yeah, I am being a little hard on Jurassic World, but I was immensely disappointing; I was hoping for something more like the original, which is one my favorite films of all time, and it still holds up with minimal CGI (practical effects and animatronics, ftw!).

MadDawg
03-03-2016, 12:36 PM
The girl on the right from SNL is the absolute worst. She plays the same character in everything she does - the mad black woman.

Dawg61
03-03-2016, 12:40 PM
The girl on the right from SNL is the absolute worst. She plays the same character in everything she does - the mad black woman.

I thought she was a tranny at first, she is huge

Dawg61
03-03-2016, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I am being a little hard on Jurassic World, but I was immensely disappointing; I was hoping for something more like the original, which is one my favorite films of all time, and it still holds up with minimal CGI (practical effects and animatronics, ftw!).

Movies like Jurassic World I will gladly pay the extra money to watch it in Imax3D. The visuals and sound are what to me make these type of movies great. It's never the plot. Avatar for example looked and sounded just absolutely phenomenal in Imax3D but watch it on a normal flatscreen with no 3D and it's just another movie.

BeardoMSU
03-03-2016, 12:45 PM

Yeah, thought the same thing. Poor typecasting on her part. Also, it's a really cheezy way of trying to recreate the "Winston Zeddemore" part of the team, who wasn't an over-the-top character.

"These things are real....since I've joined the company, I have see shit that will turn you white!".

starkvegasdawg
03-03-2016, 12:46 PM
Harold Ramis may come out of his grave and slap someone for this remake.
If he doesn't then Murray and Akroyd need to pick up the slack. I dearly hope none of them made cameos.

BeardoMSU
03-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Movies like Jurassic World I will gladly pay the extra money to watch it in Imax3D. The visuals and sound are what to me make these type of movies great. It's never the plot. Avatar for example looked and sounded just absolutely phenomenal in Imax3D but watch it on a normal flatscreen with no 3D and it's just another movie.

Yeah, that's a good point, especially about Avatar, which was basically Dances with Wolves meets FernGully, with high definition and CGI, lol.

AusTexDawg
03-03-2016, 12:47 PM
If it's got Melissa McCarthy in it then it sucks.

McCarthy has been in some stinkers, but Spy was hilarious, especially all of her scenes with Jason Statham.

missouridawg
03-03-2016, 12:51 PM

The current SNL cast is collectively terrible. Aidy Bryant and the mad black lady are both worthless.

Dawg61
03-03-2016, 12:52 PM
McCarthy has been in some stinkers, but Spy was hilarious, especially all of her scenes with Jason Statham.

I thought she was funny in Identify Thief and the cop movie with Sandra Bullock. She is tying too hard to be the female Chris Farley though.

Thick
03-03-2016, 01:38 PM
I would rather watch the MSU vs Maine game!!

QuadrupleOption
03-03-2016, 02:43 PM
I dunno - it's a trailer. I'll wait and see what the general reaction to it is when it comes out, but I'll probably see it. As long as I'm entertained I don't care about anything else really.

Goldendawg
03-03-2016, 07:55 PM
The remake of Vacation was a real flop. I couldn't bear to watch the previews.

THE Bruce Dickinson
03-03-2016, 10:40 PM
Haha. Affleck has turned into a really good actor and director, but I agree, we need to stop it with the shitty re-treads.

Director- Yes. Actor - No

THE Bruce Dickinson
03-03-2016, 10:44 PM
Yeah Hollywood is just God awful these days.

They are making a remake of Road House starring Ronda Rousey as the lead. She better hope that Holly chick doesn't come in starting trouble at the Double Deuce or she might end up with another broken jaw.

BeardoMSU
03-03-2016, 10:46 PM
Director- Yes. Actor - No

Chasing Amy
Good Will Hunting
The Town
Argo
Gone Girl
just to name a few...

Agree to disagree, I guess.

THE Bruce Dickinson
03-03-2016, 11:17 PM
Chasing Amy
Good Will Hunting
The Town
Argo
Gone Girl
just to name a few...

Agree to disagree, I guess.

Ben Affleck playing a low life from Boston shows about as much range as Sandra Bullock playing a rich white woman from the south

BeardoMSU
03-03-2016, 11:23 PM
Ben Affleck playing a low life from Boston shows about as much range as Sandra Bullock playing a rich white woman from the south

Good one**