PDA

View Full Version : Lovelady

I seen it dawg
03-02-2016, 10:43 AM
Looks to be out for the year with ligament damage. If that's the case he probably got a spike caught in that horseshit turf abortion we are doing. That shit needs to get ripped off the field and burned.

Lumpy Chucklelips
03-02-2016, 11:41 AM
I totally agree with your last sentence.

I watched a game of ours on SEC+ then switched to OM of all places. Let's just say I hope like hell when we redo the Dude that we go back to dirt base paths and home plate. I heard that we did it to further enhance our "small ball/speed game", and naturally, now it appears we are going back to a more traditional offensive approach.

I'm thinking about printing some t-shirts that simply say, "Bring back dirt to the Dude".

Who wants one?

TheRef
03-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Or do like Alabama did with their newly redone stadium. Turf in the foul area to the end of the infield, basepaths and home plate area are actual dirt. Looks good.

Lumpy Chucklelips
03-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Or do like Alabama did with their newly redone stadium. Turf in the foul area to the end of the infield, basepaths and home plate area are actual dirt. Looks good.

I think we started out this way didn't we? Then expanded the second go round?

TheRef
03-02-2016, 12:04 PM
I think we started out this way didn't we? Then expanded the second go round?

Here's a look at what all is turf. This is right after they laid down the turf.

http://tide991.com/files/2015/08/Sewell-Thomas.png?w=600&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89

Ifyouonlyknew
03-02-2016, 12:06 PM
Here's a look at what all is turf. This is right after they laid down the turf.

http://tide991.com/files/2015/08/Sewell-Thomas.png?w=600&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Lovelady get hurt running in foul ground to back up a throw to 1st? If so how would Bama's turf been any different?

TheRef
03-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Lovelady get hurt running in foul ground to back up a throw to 1st? If so how would Bama's turf been any different?

Oh I don't know...I sadly wasn't able to watch the game.

Homedawg
03-02-2016, 12:18 PM

Yes.

shrimp
03-02-2016, 12:29 PM
I don't want turf anywhere on the baseball field. Grass and dirt. It's not that hard.

mic
03-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Speaking of the Dude..
Can the field crew cut back on the water a little..
The first 3 innings are played in ****ing mud....

and back to the turf.... Can we PLEASE jerk up the turf around home plate and put what is suppose to be there.. Dirt..

Johnson85
03-02-2016, 01:19 PM
I don't understand how you can mix in turf and dirt at all. Don't you want two different type shoes for the different surfaces? I know people do it, but it seems like a bad idea.

State82
03-02-2016, 01:56 PM
That shit needs to get ripped off the field and burned.

Agreed.

bulldogcountry1
03-02-2016, 01:57 PM
I don't mind the foul areas being turf. I don't know if it contributed to Lovelady's injury, but it's much more practical than grass. The areas between home plate and the dugouts would look like hell right now if we had grass there. That said, I do hate the home plate dirt area being turf

maroonmania
03-02-2016, 02:40 PM
I don't want turf anywhere on the baseball field. Grass and dirt. It's not that hard.

For Cohen its very hard. If we left it all grass and dirt then the meddler wouldn't get to meddle with the field. You know that's not going to happen.