PDA

View Full Version : Getting PO'd about this UM situation

Boodawg
03-02-2016, 10:31 AM
I am trying to be patient on this UM thing, but dang it, I am starting to get pissed off about everyone being so dang quiet about it. When was the latest story or article about it? Seems like forever. Is no news good or bad for them? I know it's killing me. I was just having such a good time watching it build up, but it's just gone dead now. I guess at some point it will start building again but crap.

Ralph
03-02-2016, 10:37 AM
Everyone's in wait and see mode right now. The media isn't reporting on it bc OM has lied several times. So all they can do is wait until the NOA is released to see it for themselves. I certainly don't think the silence means anything one way or another.

TrapGame
03-02-2016, 10:38 AM
If there were any good news for them that would be all you'd hear from their PR department in the press. Since there isn't anything they can remotely spin into a plausible pro-om story something pretty bad must be coming down.

missouridawg
03-02-2016, 10:39 AM
You should really find some hobbies. It's going to be fun when it comes down, but getting pissed about it not happening quick enough is great moment to self-reflect.

Jacksondevildog
03-02-2016, 10:41 AM
When is the shit going to be released where the public can see it? I know a lot of it will be redacted, but I'd still like to read it.

Boodawg
03-02-2016, 10:44 AM
You should really find some hobbies. It's going to be fun when it comes down, but getting pissed about it not happening quick enough is great moment to self-reflect.

I guess pissed is a strong word for it, maybe just high anticipation. Anyway, you should not assume you know that I or anyone else on here you don't know from Adam, doesn't have hobbies. I'm just ready for more to come out on it.

Ralph
03-02-2016, 10:46 AM
When is the shit going to be released where the public can see it? I know a lot of it will be redacted, but I'd still like to read it.

Bdork said they'd release it when they give their response. They had 90 days from sometime in January. Probably looking at 5-7 weeks.

Don't think anyone requesting the NOA through UT will work either. The 3rd party clause would allow OM to approve of UT releasing the NOA, and that aint gonna happen.

Coach34
03-02-2016, 10:55 AM
What news or story could come out? They havent released the NOA or responded to it- until then nothing to do but wait. The NCAA is still interviewing people. We all know that takes forever.

Dolphus Raymond
03-02-2016, 10:55 AM
TrapGame is dead-on. If there was anything positive for Ole Miss, they would be releasing information left and right. Their silence is telling. A s--t storm is brewing.

Boodawg
03-02-2016, 10:58 AM
What news or story could come out? They havent released the NOA or responded to it- until then nothing to do but wait. The NCAA is still interviewing people. We all know that takes forever.

I guess maybe interviews of AD and Freeze, and asking some tough questions. Things like that. Oh well, all we can do is wait.

Coach34
03-02-2016, 11:05 AM
I guess maybe interviews of AD and Freeze, and asking some tough questions. Things like that. Oh well, all we can do is wait.

They have declined interviews and only released info to their puppets

BulldogBear
03-02-2016, 11:05 AM
TrapGame is dead-on. If there was anything positive for Ole Miss, they would be releasing information left and right. Their silence is telling. A s--t storm is brewing.

^This

mic
03-02-2016, 11:20 AM
The calm before the storm....

drunkernhelldawg
03-02-2016, 11:37 AM

Exactly. No news equals no articles in the media.

spbdawg
03-02-2016, 12:10 PM
#

Percho
03-02-2016, 12:15 PM
We will never see what all they were accused of.

Probably should not end a sentence with, of. Oops did it again.

AlSwearengen
03-02-2016, 12:27 PM
As far as the media goes, unless some rogue investigative journalist wants to seek out memphis call girls willing to talk or try to break into the birmingham law offices to make photocopies, we won't hear much more. Olemiss isn't going to stir up national interest anyway. If it were bama or ohio state, there would be more interest.

Really Clark?
03-02-2016, 12:29 PM
We will never see what all they were accused of.

Probably should not end a sentence with, of. Oops did it again.

Actually we will see every violation they are accused of in their response even if they don't release the NOA (which they have said they would). Their written response has to be for every violation and subsection of each violation and they have to release that to the public.

jumbo
03-02-2016, 01:45 PM
April 21 is the magic date. That is 90 days from when OM received the NOA and the date they have to respond to the NCAA by.

Boodawg
03-02-2016, 01:54 PM
April 21 is the magic date. That is 90 days from when OM received the NOA and the date they have to respond to the NCAA by.

Or as has been said on here, be fined $100 for each request or something like that. pathetic...

spbdawg
03-02-2016, 02:10 PM
#

Bully13
03-02-2016, 02:23 PM

I wish someone had some inside info on these interviews with the 2016 class

Really Clark?
03-02-2016, 02:33 PM
Are we sure this is correct? I know they have to respond within 90 days, but i don't anything goes public until the NCAA releases its findings and announces punishment. The ULL situation is a little confusing because ULL publicly and voluntarily released the NOA when they submitted their 90 day response to NCAA....the release was not compelled by law or rule.

The school has to make their response public which will include every violation. Most release the NOA at that time (many even before the response, they or anyone who receives a NOA can release it whenever they want). But they can't hide it until the NCAA's final punishment is released.

And note, a response is given if the school or individual is challenging some or all of the findings and they want to go to the COI. They can go straight to summary disposition for their penalties. Since they are challenging, the parts they are not disputing usually lists their idea of self imposed sanctions.

Indndawg
03-02-2016, 02:38 PM
I am trying to be patient on this UM thing, but dang it, I am starting to get pissed off about everyone being so dang quiet about it. When was the latest story or article about it? Seems like forever. Is no news good or bad for them? I know it's killing me. I was just having such a good time watching it build up, but it's just gone dead now. I guess at some point it will start building again but crap.

Kinda like the less we talk about it the more it may go away

MadDawg
03-02-2016, 02:56 PM
Actually we will see every violation they are accused of in their response even if they don't release the NOA (which they have said they would). Their written response has to be for every violation and subsection of each violation and they have to release that to the public.

I guarantee you this is NOT what Bdork and his team of lawyers expect. They fully believe they will be able to successfully suppress any accusations they can legally argue are without merit, and they expect to be able to argue this with the NCAA before releasing anything. It's how Bdork and others can be quoted ad naseum about how there is nothing in the NOA that they haven't already disclosed. They expect most of the damaging stuff to be suppressed.

Coach34
03-02-2016, 03:15 PM
All the allegations will be made public

MadDawg
03-02-2016, 03:30 PM
All the allegations will be made public

And will look something like this:

http://s28.postimg.org/yvh44c5fx/Xu_FGKW5.png

BossDawg
03-02-2016, 03:38 PM

I feel ya. What pisses me off is that if it was State in this situation, it would be everywhere, daily. People wouldn't be able to shut up about it. Oh well, I'm still looking at this as a win-win for us, either way. UM gets hammered? Good. UM skates? We can start playing the game, because it will be obvious the NCAA just doesn't care or they don't have enough pull...

But, as it is, TSUN = That School Under NCAA investigation.

drunkernhelldawg
03-02-2016, 03:55 PM
And will look something like this:

http://s28.postimg.org/yvh44c5fx/Xu_FGKW5.png

Right there in black and white. Quick read too.

Dawgowar
03-02-2016, 04:07 PM
Just enjoy the long painful process. TSUN is in the slow cooker

RocketDawg
03-02-2016, 04:42 PM
I'm confused here. Does tx public records law allow ncaa bylaws to supercede itself? Or is this 3rd party clause you reference a part of tx public records law?

Someone posted the Texas process for obtaining Public Records material, and 3rd party is specifically addressed. So it's part of their, and probably all states', law if I read it correctly.

Boodawg
03-02-2016, 04:53 PM
So if um was a private university, would they have to release the NOA to the public? I know they'd still have to answer the NCAA for the NOA, but they wouldn't have to release anything to the public would they? Just curious.

spbdawg
03-02-2016, 07:13 PM
#

Really Clark?
03-02-2016, 07:41 PM
I guarantee you this is NOT what Bdork and his team of lawyers expect. They fully believe they will be able to successfully suppress any accusations they can legally argue are without merit, and they expect to be able to argue this with the NCAA before releasing anything. It's how Bdork and others can be quoted ad naseum about how there is nothing in the NOA that they haven't already disclosed. They expect most of the damaging stuff to be suppressed.

It won't be and the lawyers can't argue for that to be the case. They won't even try. Some student names, scores on test, etc will be redacted but that's it. The response comes out BEFORE the actual COI meeting. Now they will speak with the NCAA about some of these self imposed penalties beforehand but those penalties can't and won't be hidden. You are giving them way too much power with what they can or will try to do. Even violations they challenge will be public for everybody to read. Even the subsections of each violation has to have a response. They won't or can't suppress near what you think.

Dallas_Dawg
03-02-2016, 08:07 PM
I'm not that familiar with BooDawg but this reads like a well-executed troll job.
I read the rest of the thread hoping to see the Enforcer in action

Boodawg
03-03-2016, 08:44 AM
I'm not that familiar with BooDawg but this reads like a well-executed troll job.

Um, okay, and WTH would my M.O. be for starting this thread? Seems like a few on here just scan all the threads looking to spit out the troll job. Like a 13 year old kid trying to see if he can be the first to out someone for the day. If they let some of you troll seekers be moderators, there would be like 8 total people on this forum.

MadDawg
03-03-2016, 10:14 AM
It won't be and the lawyers can't argue for that to be the case. They won't even try. Some student names, scores on test, etc will be redacted but that's it. The response comes out BEFORE the actual COI meeting. Now they will speak with the NCAA about some of these self imposed penalties beforehand but those penalties can't and won't be hidden. You are giving them way too much power with what they can or will try to do. Even violations they challenge will be public for everybody to read. Even the subsections of each violation has to have a response. They won't or can't suppress near what you think.

Well I was also told their having the NOA sent to an outside law firm would not shield them from any FOI requests, but the reality is that is exactly what happened.

Dawgtini
03-03-2016, 10:21 AM
I agree. It's had an odor since the first post.

Dallas_Dawg
03-03-2016, 10:32 AM
Um, okay, and WTH would my M.O. be for starting this thread? Seems like a few on here just scan all the threads looking to spit out the troll job. Like a 13 year old kid trying to see if he can be the first to out someone for the day. If they let some of you troll seekers be moderators, there would be like 8 total people on this forum.

Because you started a lame ass thread basically saying that you wish there was more action on the OM front. Everybody that has followed it knows that we are waiting for them to respond to the letter which they don't have to do until next month. It is the calm before the storm, everybody that reads here knows that.
So you are either a troll or a dumb shit

Boodawg
03-03-2016, 10:42 AM
Because you started a lame ass thread basically saying that you wish there was more action on the OM front. Everybody that has followed it knows that we are waiting for them to respond to the letter which they don't have to do until next month. It is the calm before the storm, everybody that reads here knows that.
So you are either a troll or a dumb shit

Wow I appreciate the insults. That's nice of you. Now it's even more clear that you are most likely an adolescent, internet badass.

Coach34
03-03-2016, 10:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL9JgMt4okM

Really Clark?
03-03-2016, 12:34 PM
Well I was also told their having the NOA sent to an outside law firm would not shield them from any FOI requests, but the reality is that is exactly what happened.

That's what nearly all schools do now. That's what we did. But they will not be able to hide the response and in the response it will list all violations and the subsections of each violation and their response to each part.

dawgbowski
03-04-2016, 12:44 AM

Me too brother. Somebody spill the beans. Everybody says they "have something from someone close to the situation" but refuses to elaborate even slightly.

IMHO I think OMU gets hit fairly hard and loses several schollies plus a 2 year bowl ban...and hopefully has to vacate some wins. According to Steve, we will all know shortly...