PDA

View Full Version : Been reading about Combine winners and losers

Coach34
03-01-2016, 10:04 PM
Winners:

Dakota Prescott- has done nothing but impress and solidified himself as a 2nd/3rd round pick. Kapernick has demanded a trade in SF- could Kelly grab him in early Round 2? You know he and Mullen have talked. Could be very interesting for Dakota on draft day.

LaQuon Paidwell- the WR group underwhelmed at the Combine- and Paidwell not doing anything did nothing to hurt himself

Laremy Tunsil- Kimchee looking like such a POS didnt make people take what he said too seriously on Big Softie.

Chris Jones- you have a ready made contract coming from Trojan.

Losers:

DeRunnya Wilson- how do you leave early and not get a trainer to work on your 40 and drills? You leave early to make money- not to plummet at the Combine. Holy shit what a bad decision to not bust your ass to train for the Combine.

Robert Kimchee- he has literally ****ed up so bad- he may end up a 2nd round pick. Its so bad- OM people wont even defend him anymore. And they will defend murderers and prison inmates.

missouridawg
03-01-2016, 10:06 PM
Dont forget that Bill Obrien and Mullen are good friends too. Texans need someone at QB badly.

Pollodawg
03-01-2016, 10:23 PM
Regardless of where he goes or whoever drafts him said team will not be disappointed when it comes to Dak. His attitude and work ethic alone make any team he's affiliated with better.

Harrydawg
03-01-2016, 10:46 PM
I saw an NFL team official say that he has never seen a worse interview in his long career than Kimdueche.......

This guy is a tee total crack head......I don't think there are many SEC teams that could have kept this guy eligible and playing

JoseBrown
03-01-2016, 11:29 PM
Winners:

Dakota Prescott- has done nothing but impress and solidified himself as a 2nd/3rd round pick. Kapernick has demanded a trade in SF- could Kelly grab him in early Round 2? You know he and Mullen have talked. Could be very interesting for Dakota on draft day.

LaQuon Paidwell- the WR group underwhelmed at the Combine- and Paidwell not doing anything did nothing to hurt himself

Laremy Tunsil- Kimchee looking like such a POS didnt make people take what he said too seriously on Big Softie.

Chris Jones- you have a ready made contract coming from Trojan.

Losers:

DeRunnya Wilson- how do you leave early and not get a trainer to work on your 40 and drills? You leave early to make money- not to plummet at the Combine. Holy shit what a bad decision to not bust your ass to train for the Combine.

Robert Kimchee- he has literally ****ed up so bad- he may end up a 2nd round pick. Its so bad- OM people wont even defend him anymore. And they will defend murderers and prison inmates.

I thought Paidwell only skipped the measurables?

Damn happy for Dak, he's done nothing but impress so far. Man, I'd love to see a State QB play QB in the league. Hope he has a long and fruitful career.

I saw an NFL team official say that he has never seen a worse interview in his long career than Kimdueche.......

This guy is a tee total crack head......I don't think there are many SEC teams that could have kept this guy eligible and playing

This guy reminds me of Run Ricky Run, only he will take his helmet off to talk to the press. And Kimchee really should have left his on..

Bucky Dog
03-02-2016, 12:24 AM
Why didn't Bear's agent tell him not to run the 40? Or at least say he got injured training for the combine?! I hate it for him and know the scouts know he wasn't a speed guy but dang that had to leave a mark!

parabrave
03-02-2016, 01:19 AM

God I hate to even think about it, but hopefully he doesn't end up being a cowboy or Saint. Hopefully he goes to Jacksonville or Cleveland where he will never be heard from again.

War Machine Dawg
03-02-2016, 01:42 AM
Dont forget that Bill Obrien and Mullen are good friends too. Texans need someone at QB badly.

Lots of smoke around Houston and Dak. I know a whole lot of fans would love to see us draft him - myself included. He and B-Mac on the same team aGAIN? Yes please!

Tbonewannabe
03-02-2016, 07:15 AM
Bear has to have a good 40 at pro day. Surely he has been working with trainers for the combine and just had a bad day.

Political Hack
03-02-2016, 07:46 AM
Treadwell was smart to not go given the performance of the other WRs. If he does well at OM pro day, he should still be a lottery pick. I think Kimchee and Bear are going to free fall.

Tbonewannabe
03-02-2016, 07:59 AM
Treadwell was smart to not go given the performance of the other WRs. If he does well at OM pro day, he should still be a lottery pick. I think Kimchee and Bear are going to free fall.

I think the only thing Treadwell didn't do was run the 40. None of his other numbers would blow you away but he didn't have a bad day like Bear. Bear at least looked pretty good going through the drills.

Political Hack
03-02-2016, 08:01 AM
How did Bear do catching the ball? I wanted to see him run the across field drill where they have to keep their head on a swivel and catch balls from the jugs machines.

FISHDAWG
03-02-2016, 08:43 AM
God I hate to even think about it, but hopefully he doesn't end up being a cowboy or Saint. Hopefully he goes to Jacksonville or Cleveland where he will never be heard from again.

Cleveland is already gun shy about trying to fix this type of head case

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
03-02-2016, 09:00 AM
How did Bear do catching the ball? I wanted to see him run the across field drill where they have to keep their head on a swivel and catch balls from the jugs machines.

He did that drill w/o any drops his first rep, & I can't remember them showing the 2nd. He accomplished the goal of the drill but didn't look super smooth or natural doing it. He did catch the ball away from this body for the most part, but looked like a guy that's been playing for about 4 years. I don't remember seeing any drops in the other drills.

GreenheadDawg
03-02-2016, 09:04 AM
Lots of smoke around Houston and Dak. I know a whole lot of fans would love to see us draft him - myself included. He and B-Mac on the same team aGAIN? Yes please!

Please let this happen! I'm moving to Houston next week. I would LOVE to go to NRG stadium to watch Dak play. I've already had the pleasure of seeing Russell play there **

defiantdog
03-02-2016, 09:05 AM
Bear saw dollar signs.... He thought he had the skills to get a high pick. As of now, he'll be drafted as a James Jones type receiver. Meaning, he's looking at a 5th-6th round grade.... and he'll be on at least 5 teams before he retires. He really needed one more year to work on his fundamentals so teams would take him seriously as a primary receiver.

thf24
03-02-2016, 09:07 AM
Everyone knows top end speed isn't Bear's thing, but there's no way an SEC wide receiver isn't capable of running better than a 4.9 40. The horrible time was a clear indicator that he didn't properly prepare. Hopefully this was a wake up call and he busts his ass to get ready for the pro day, because if he can't redeem himself from his combine performance, coming out early was a ruinous decision.

Political Hack
03-02-2016, 09:16 AM
Please let this happen! I'm moving to Houston next week. I would LOVE to go to NRG stadium to watch Dak play. I've already had the pleasure of seeing Russell play there **

"Concust Russell" doesn't count.

BeardoMSU
03-02-2016, 09:32 AM
It seems the projection of where Dak will go are still all over the place. How confident are we that he will be at worst a day 2 pick?

ShotgunDawg
03-02-2016, 09:42 AM
It seems the projection of where Dak will go are still all over the place. How confident are we that he will be at worst a day 2 pick?

Dak is a 3rd round evaluation, but, since all 32 teams have him evaluated in the 3rd round, the team that takes him will have to reach in the 2nd round because they've decided they must have him or trade up to the first few picks up the 3rd round.

I'll be shocked if Dak doesn't go in the top 65 picks.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-02-2016, 10:00 AM
I don't see Dak making it out the 2nd rd.

JoseBrown
03-02-2016, 10:06 AM
He did that drill w/o any drops his first rep, & I can't remember them showing the 2nd. He accomplished the goal of the drill but didn't look super smooth or natural doing it. He did catch the ball away from this body for the most part, but looked like a guy that's been playing for about 4 years. I don't remember seeing any drops in the other drills.

Yea, I saw him run that drill, and thought he did well. Caught everything with his hands, and remember them mentioning that he only played one year in high school and came out early. Not till later did I read he had problems hanging on to the ball. That must've been something that didn't make the air, cause I thought I saw everything they televised. The 40 time was atrocious. I really hope he gets that 'cleaned up' before pro day.*** My son and I was pissed when they went to commercial right before his first 40, then couldn't believe it when they finally showed it.

JoseBrown
03-02-2016, 10:12 AM
I don't see Dak making it out the 2nd rd.

I don't either. He's been performing very well. Top 5 or 6 in all his measurables, senior bowl week, apparent excellent interview, a couple teams expressing great interest. Everyone having anything to say have stressed is valuables meeting what they are looking for, leadership, getting out of huddle, communication, progressions, taking snaps from center...

Only negatives being things said that are correctable. I think someone picks him in second. Too much potential to let slip. But I could be completely wrong.

PassInterference
03-02-2016, 10:15 AM
NFL Network had him pegged for the last pick in the 1st round. Improbable, but possible.

Dak gets drafted before Nkemdiche. I'm calling it now.

Johnson85
03-02-2016, 10:42 AM
Bear saw dollar signs.... He thought he had the skills to get a high pick. As of now, he'll be drafted as a James Jones type receiver. Meaning, he's looking at a 5th-6th round grade.... and he'll be on at least 5 teams before he retires. He really needed one more year to work on his fundamentals so teams would take him seriously as a primary receiver.

I don't think Bear was ever (or is ever) going to be a primary receiver. I still expect him to have a very valuable role in the NFL (especially if he can get on a team with a QB that is capable of regularly getting beyond the first and second read), so I'm still not sure coming otu early will hurt him. It might at first, but as long as he can get on a roster, I would expect him to improve as much in the NFL as he would with another year at MSU.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
03-02-2016, 10:50 AM
NFL Network had him pegged for the last pick in the 1st round. Improbable, but possible.

Dak gets drafted before Nkemdiche. I'm calling it now.

I think Chris Jones is the one to watch here. I would really enjoy seeing him go before rn. This is gonna be a fun draft to watch.

DancingRabbit
03-02-2016, 10:51 AM
More Dak to Dallas chatter. This writer thinks Dallas takes Wentz with the 4th pick or Dak with the 34th pick. Most folks seem to think Cleveland will take Wentz at #2.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/03/01/matt-mosley-jones-4-5-years-comment-romo-wishful-thinking-wentz-prescott-will-cowboys-roster-soon

Coach34
03-02-2016, 11:00 AM
Dakota is highly unlikely to make it out of the 2nd round- especially with some of the other QB's having bad Combines

Brahmabull
03-02-2016, 11:00 AM
Heard rumblings that Bear as been sitting around shooting the shit more than working out. If true, that would explain a lot.