PDA

View Full Version : Heard that OH St. got a commit from Ann Arbor, MI High School today. I guess it...

IMissJack
03-01-2016, 08:39 PM
happens everywhere.

Coach34
03-01-2016, 08:50 PM
**** that- Harbaugh cant Croot

GreenheadDawg
03-01-2016, 08:58 PM
I can't stand that ****er. I hope Michigan loses every game

parabrave
03-01-2016, 09:21 PM
Se what happens when you leave town

Pollodawg
03-01-2016, 10:26 PM
I can't stand that ****er. I hope Michigan loses every game

I'm the same way. You can practically see the crazy (and not the intense, mad genius, Nick Saban crazy either) falling off of him.

Bucky Dog
03-01-2016, 11:16 PM
Read where MI is having spring practice at IMG Academy in Florida and all the other coaches are pissed.

JoseBrown
03-01-2016, 11:22 PM
Read where MI is having spring practice at IMG Academy in Florida and all the other coaches are pissed.

Spring game? Kinda hard to believe they will be having spring practice there..

Westdawg
03-01-2016, 11:30 PM
No, it's true. Michigan will hold a week of spring practice in Florida this spring. SEC and several coaches around the country are pissed off , and not just because of it being in the SEC footprint.
Biggest issue is that they are holding it during University of Michigan's scheduled spring break - that's right, when all activities are supposed to cease and students are supposed to break from all academic classes and practices. Lots of people are pissed off. Enough so that this will most likely be a one-and-done.

JoseBrown
03-01-2016, 11:34 PM
No, it's true. Michigan will hold a week of spring practice in Florida this spring. SEC and several coaches around the country are pissed off , and not just because of it being in the SEC footprint.
Biggest issue is that they are holding it during University of Michigan's scheduled spring break - that's right, when all activities are supposed to cease and students are supposed to break from all academic classes and practices. Lots of people are pissed off. Enough so that this will most likely be a one-and-done.

Oh, I see, Spring Break week, and damn right we should be pissed off! That we hadn't thought of it...and that they are doing it. If they pull it off, I'd imagine one of two things happen next year. Either no one does it or Bama does it too! Along with a few others..

Bucky Dog
03-02-2016, 12:18 AM
Yeah week of spring break. Apparently it is legal and they are bending the rules a lot! Harbaugh is making a lot of enemies fast. But, he is recruiting and the kids like him, so I don't blame him. And it isn't like he is OM recruiting and he is Freeze!!

Daddy Rabbit Dawg
03-02-2016, 09:25 AM

I was on the golf team at MSU. We always took trips during Spring Break to play in tournaments.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
03-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Daddy Rabbit Dawg, I just sent you a PM

msstate7
03-02-2016, 09:53 AM
Michigan losing a hometown stud to Ohio state isn't as big of a deal as us losing a hometown stud to om. Michigan recruits nationally and will fill that kid's spot with a really good player. If we filled aj's spot, it was with a low ranked player (hankerson)... Not knocking the kid we got, but it's true

Westdawg
03-02-2016, 10:42 AM
I was on the golf team at MSU. We always took trips during Spring Break to play in tournaments.

yes, but the spring is also part of your athletic team's season. Football is not. and that is what they are upset about.....that and of course that they are doing it in Florida.

The NCAA needs to just make a new rule that all scrimmages, practices, etc., be held on school property or within a small radius of the home campus and end this now.
If you notice, almost every single issue regarding this has started with Harbaugh at Michigan since he arrived. It's like he can't understand he ain't in the League anymore.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-02-2016, 11:09 AM
If you notice, almost every single issue regarding this has started with Harbaugh at Michigan since he arrived. It's like he can't understand he ain't in the League anymore.

I actually like what Harbaugh has done with the satellite camps & having spring practice in Florida. He's thinking outside of the box to try his best to pull the better players from outside his region. The Big 10 is known as a big, slow plodding conference. Well how do you change that? Spend as much time in the south where all the speed is that you can. Nothing he's doing is against NCAA rules he's just exploiting the loopholes. Is he making himself any friends probably not but the goal is to win championships not to be liked or voted most popular.

IMissJack
03-02-2016, 06:55 PM
I actually like what Harbaugh has done with the satellite camps & having spring practice in Florida. He's thinking outside of the box to try his best to pull the better players from outside his region. The Big 10 is known as a big, slow plodding conference. Well how do you change that? Spend as much time in the south where all the speed is that you can. Nothing he's doing is against NCAA rules he's just exploiting the loopholes. Is he making himself any friends probably not but the goal is to win championships not to be liked or voted most popular.

Don't disagree, so why can't we pull a couple of serviceable O-linemen from Big Ten country? I think we can and should.

RougeDawg
03-02-2016, 07:50 PM
Michigan losing a hometown stud to Ohio state isn't as big of a deal as us losing a hometown stud to om. Michigan recruits nationally and will fill that kid's spot with a really good player. If we filled aj's spot, it was with a low ranked player (hankerson)... Not knocking the kid we got, but it's true

BBBBBBBBingo. Some people miss the forest for the trees repeatedly want to compare diamonds to lava rocks. National powers fill 4 and 5 star recruits with 4 and 5 star players. National powers turn away more top tier players than we sign.

JoseBrown
03-02-2016, 08:28 PM

Sounds like he's the Bill Belichek of the NCAA....

TUSK
03-02-2016, 10:28 PM
Michigan hiring Harbaugh was huge for the SEC... at least somebody in the B1G can threaten OSU/Meyer...