PDA

View Full Version : Auburn moves Frazier to safety- wow

Coach34
08-12-2013, 10:11 PM
didnt see that coming

CadaverDawg
08-12-2013, 10:14 PM
He must suck, because you would think he would at least be the 2nd or 3rd string QB. They better hope Marshall can get it done. Wasn't Marshall the #1 Juco dual threat QB in the country or something?

TrueMaroon
08-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Guys guys guys....this guy is Cam 2.0-him moving to safety is just sleight of hand stuff

engie
08-12-2013, 10:27 PM
So, it comes down to a guy that Georgia signed as a cornerback -- and a true freshman that didn't look even NEARLY ready in the Miss/Ala all-star game last year? Marshall was even listed as an athlete out of JUCO...

That said, rumor has it that he's been pretty good and put up crazy numbers in JUCO...

Dawg61
08-12-2013, 10:30 PM
This is his replacement? http://youtube.com/watch?v=SXYwZZHzLWM

Auburn just might be terrible this year.

mic
08-12-2013, 10:30 PM
So, it comes down to a guy that Georgia signed as a cornerback -- and a true freshman that didn't look even NEARLY ready in the Miss/Ala all-star game last year? Marshall was even listed as an athlete out of JUCO...

That said, rumor has it that he's been pretty good and put up crazy numbers in JUCO...

So did Mackey and Tyson Lee.. Could be a long year on the Plains.. not that it wasn't already but This just became a MUST win game for us now..

CadaverDawg
08-12-2013, 10:36 PM

Is it just me or does he look like he would MUCH rather run the ball than have to throw it? He seems like a run first QB without being even close to a "big" guy. He will get killed running around like that in this league.

Johnny Manziel just told me I was an idiot.*

Dawg61
08-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Exactly what I saw too. He looks like a way less accurate thrower than Brent Schaeffer and we all remember how terrible he was. If this is who Auburn is running out there to start then they are going to battle the cellar with Arkansas and UOM.

Goat Holder
08-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Long way from 6'6", 250.

deltadawg99
08-12-2013, 11:02 PM

Josh Riddell approves this message..

In all seriousness, very surprising especially since Malzahn recruited him out of high school.

Pollodawg
08-12-2013, 11:05 PM

Josh Riddell approves this message..

In all seriousness, very surprising especially since Malzahn recruited him out of high school.

See, this is what puzzles me. Did he see this coming even then? I doubt it.

msstate7
08-12-2013, 11:14 PM

Hopefully Gus sucks at evaluating

engie
08-12-2013, 11:38 PM
Overlooking this guy = overlooking Bo Wallace last year IMO.

This guy shows alot of potential in Malzahn's offense. Not saying they will be great -- but he took 2 pro-style guys who were unfit for their offense and beat us twice, not even considering when he had Cam... I'm not making any predictions here -- I'm just saying it's WAY too early for us to start marking that game as a win...

sandwolf
08-12-2013, 11:57 PM

Well the guy can definitely run and he can definitely sling the ball a long damn way.....at the 0.53 second mark, he threw it 56 yards off of his back foot, with two defenders in his face. Couldnt tell much about how accurate he was from that video, but if he can just be average in the passing game, then he could definitely be effective in Malzahn's offense.

Bo Darville
08-13-2013, 06:39 AM
didnt see that coming

If Frazier can repeat his 2012 interception rate, he will make a heckuva safety.

MSUDawg4Life
08-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Sad.

I was hoping Frazier would be their QB when we played them.

msstate7
08-13-2013, 07:53 AM
If Frazier can repeat his 2012 interception rate, he will make a heckuva safety.

I laughed

Goat Holder
08-13-2013, 09:00 AM

This guy shows alot of potential in Malzahn's offense. Not saying they will be great -- but he took 2 pro-style guys who were unfit for their offense and beat us twice, not even considering when he had Cam... I'm not making any predictions here -- I'm just saying it's WAY too early for us to start marking that game as a win...

This is because the bold part is over-rated. Malzahn also flourished with Mustain in HS. So if anything, Cam was the exception, not the rule.

bocfarm
08-13-2013, 10:03 AM

Disagree....looks like a perfect fit in Malzahns offense...looks fast as shit

codeDawg
08-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Disagree....looks like a perfect fit in Malzahns offense...looks fast as shit

Agree. Malzahn's offense is a run-first misdirection and tempo offense. He just needs to be able to complete enough passes to keep defenses honest to be successful.

That and not get concussed.

bocfarm
08-13-2013, 10:35 AM
Glad we play them early....I think defense is still an issue for them this yr, EJ will get it turned around but Frazier moving to starting Safety (a position he's never played before) says alot.

hacker
08-13-2013, 03:20 PM

yep, this is my assessment as well. he looks like he's gonna be nasty in Malzahn's offense, regardless of how well he can throw.