PDA

View Full Version : FAU playing STL Cardinals tomorrow

Big4Dawg
03-01-2016, 12:28 PM
http://www.fausports.com/sports/m-basebl/sched/fau-m-basebl-sched.html

Pretty cool, wish we would do something like that. Would be really cool if we manged to find a way to play the Cardinals in Memphis, or even the Redbirds as a pre-season game.

Bullsy
03-01-2016, 12:34 PM
http://www.fausports.com/sports/m-basebl/sched/fau-m-basebl-sched.html

Pretty cool, wish we would do something like that. Would be really cool if we manged to find a way to play the Cardinals in Memphis, or even the Redbirds as a pre-season game.

When I was a kid in the 80's I remember us playing the Jackson Mets at Smith Wills Stadium

Tbonewannabe
03-01-2016, 01:47 PM
It would set up really well if we played the new Biloxi team or the MS Braves. It would probably make more sense to play in Biloxi since we already play in Pearl.

Jack Lambert
03-01-2016, 01:50 PM
When I was a kid in the 80's I remember us playing the Jackson Mets at Smith Wills Stadium

I remember that as well.

State82
03-01-2016, 02:28 PM

Yep. We played the Jackson Mets a number of years in a row and pretty sure we never lost to them. Obviously we were not facing their frontline pitching the entire game but we were facing pitchers on a AA professional team. Kind of gives you an idea as to where top D1 baseball compares to the minors. Probably high A level or close to it.

PassInterference
03-01-2016, 03:01 PM
I am surprised the NCAA hasn't shit all over the idea of amateur student athletes playing against professionals.

msstate7
03-01-2016, 03:04 PM
Yep. We played the Jackson Mets a number of years in a row and pretty sure we never lost to them. Obviously we were not facing their frontline pitching the entire game but we were facing pitchers on a AA professional team. Kind of gives you an idea as to where top D1 baseball compares to the minors. Probably high A level or close to it.

Did we use the loaded bats? I would think that levels the field a good bit

State82
03-01-2016, 03:12 PM
Did we use the loaded bats? I would think that levels the field a good bit

Pretty sure we did. And they would have used wood so you're correct.

Todd4State
03-02-2016, 01:47 AM

You are correct. And I would love to see us play a AA team in state or a MLB team.