PDA

View Full Version : Senate Concurrent Resolution 533

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-01-2016, 11:53 AM
Stolen from tRant, but damn what a waste of time:

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/documents/2016/html/SC/SC0533PS.htm

A CONCURRENT RESOLUTION COMMENDING AND CONGRATULATING THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI OLE MISS "REBELS" FOOTBALL TEAM AND HEAD COACH HUGH FREEZE FOR THEIR VICTORY IN THE 2016 ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL.
WHEREAS, the University of Mississippi Ole Miss "Rebels" Football Team rewrote the record books in 2015; and
WHEREAS, the season highlights included the Rebels defeating Alabama for the first time ever in consecutive years, the first Egg Bowl victory in Starkville since 2003 and a victory in the Sugar Bowl.

Commercecomet24
03-01-2016, 11:55 AM
You gotta be kidding me? This is what our tax dollars are going for? Smh

Howboutdemdogs
03-01-2016, 11:57 AM
WTF, guess where the author went to college.

Jack Lambert
03-01-2016, 11:58 AM
This is why the radio heads are so closed lips on the Ole Miss NCAA investigation. These same idiots who determine where public service announcement money is spent.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-01-2016, 12:04 PM
Anyone know if this has happened previously? I'm about to email my state senator, but I doubt it will get anywhere being that he's a rebel and ran un-contested.

Thick
03-01-2016, 12:06 PM
WTF is this bullshit?? The state has REAL issues that need addressing, but these asshats are farting around about college football bowl win! Schools be damned....this is absolutely inexcusable, if it's real!!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-01-2016, 12:08 PM
WTF is this bullshit?? The state has REAL issues that need addressing, but these asshats are farting around about college football bowl win! Schools be damned....this is absolutely inexcusable, if it's real!!

Would a direct link to the Senate website help?

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/2016/pdf/history/SC/SC0533.xml

Here's a list of the senators:

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/members/ss_membs.xml

Liverpooldawg
03-01-2016, 12:16 PM
Stolen from tRant, but damn what a waste of time:

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/documents/2016/html/SC/SC0533PS.htm

A CONCURRENT RESOLUTION COMMENDING AND CONGRATULATING THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI OLE MISS "REBELS" FOOTBALL TEAM AND HEAD COACH HUGH FREEZE FOR THEIR VICTORY IN THE 2016 ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL.
WHEREAS, the University of Mississippi Ole Miss "Rebels" Football Team rewrote the record books in 2015; and
WHEREAS, the season highlights included the Rebels defeating Alabama for the first time ever in consecutive years, the first Egg Bowl victory in Starkville since 2003 and a victory in the Sugar Bowl.

When my old HS won state championships they got such a resolution.

Thompson92
03-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Will they be able to work this into the festivities for Confederate Heritage Month?

MadDawg
03-01-2016, 12:19 PM
When my old HS won state championships they got such a resolution.

Didn't they do this when we made it to the CWS finals?

blacklistedbully
03-01-2016, 12:21 PM
What a bunch of douches! That is so, "Ole Miss". Unreal.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-01-2016, 12:24 PM
Thank goodness they're taking care of business during regular session so they don't have to call a special one*******

was21
03-01-2016, 12:30 PM
Maybe they should put that proposal before the people like Bryant wants to do with the flag issue. The Mississippi state legislature is one of the most corrupt in the nation and they totally lack the backbone or spine to take a stand on anything that might harm their chances of re-election.

Thick
03-01-2016, 12:46 PM
Would a direct link to the Senate website help?

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/2016/pdf/history/SC/SC0533.xml

Here's a list of the senators:

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/members/ss_membs.xml

Easy Sport, I was not attacking the messenger. Just making sure it's not a prank.

ShotgunDawg
03-01-2016, 12:52 PM
So, when the win gets stripped from the record books, due to Ole Miss playing ineligible players, do they issue an "unresolution"?

Political Hack
03-01-2016, 12:55 PM
So, when the win gets stripped from the record books, due to Ole Miss playing ineligible players, do they issue an "unresolution"?

We'd better damn well remind the loser that put this forward when it happens.

BeardoMSU
03-01-2016, 12:57 PM
Will they be able to work this into the festivities for Confederate Heritage Month?

Winner.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-01-2016, 01:02 PM
Easy Sport, I was not attacking the messenger. Just making sure it's not a prank.

Lol sport? I verified the link before I posted it. You had concerns to its validity and I answered them. Have a great day.

Political Hack
03-01-2016, 01:05 PM
Somebody better find a state grad to filibuster.

Not sure if there are many state grads in the senate. Starting salary was around $6,000 in the 90's. As attractive as that is for a potential legislator, there might be better opportunities for people with a decent education.

Coach34
03-01-2016, 01:06 PM
My Dad got one in the 80's for winning the state championship. They have always done these types of things

War Machine Dawg
03-01-2016, 01:23 PM
Meh, much ado about nothing here. This is routinely done for great seasons for college teams of all sports in state legislatures across the nation. There are a ton of real things you can rip our legislature for. We all know most of them are biased pricks, which is why we need to be electing more MSU politicians at the state level. But this is a pretty standard recognition. Definitely not worth bitching about. They'd have done it for us last year had we not completely shit the bed in the Orange Bowl.

BeardoMSU
03-01-2016, 01:27 PM
Anyone know if this has happened previously?

They are also working on one to congratulate OM on their 2013 and 2016 recruiting classes.***

Commercecomet24
03-01-2016, 01:28 PM

My sentiments exactly! All the problems in this state and this is what they're wasting their time with? Probably took a week to draw this up, ratify and whatever the heck else they do, if not longer!

wasabaka
03-01-2016, 06:18 PM
WHEREAS, on September 19, 2015, Ole Miss executed the most unbelievable but memorable play of the 2015 college football season. After a bad snap, Ole Miss QB Chad Kelley threw an ill-advised pass, which, after being, tipped, bounced off an Alabama defender's helmet and into the hands of Rebel's receiver Quincy Adeboyejo, who ran for a 66-yard touchdown.

I would contend that 4th and 25 is the most memorable play of last year.

DawgGlass
03-01-2016, 08:35 PM
this is routine. SC516 commends MSU on belk bowl win. T. Calhoun has a bill congratulating him. All the hs and Juco champs. Everyone got a bill