PDA

View Full Version : Itching to hit the water!

BrunswickDawg
02-29-2016, 03:47 PM
Yesterday evening, some friends had us over for drinks on their trimaran to celebrate having spent the weekend getting hit ready for spring. Now it is 73 and beautiful here in coastal GA today and I've spent half the day thinking about going fishing.

Here was our sunset last night in the marina. Coast living has its definite advantages!

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo8/BrunswickDawg/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmrazmcd0.jpeg (http://s356..com/user/BrunswickDawg/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmrazmcd0.jpeg.html)

BeastMan
03-01-2016, 09:48 AM
Dude, itching doesn't describe it right now. I have to get back out there! Beautiful pic

SpeckleDawg
03-01-2016, 10:01 AM
IF the forecast holds up, I'll definitely be on the water Saturday morning. It's hard to think about much else this time of the year.

BeastMan
03-01-2016, 10:32 AM
IF the forecast holds up, I'll definitely be on the water Saturday morning. It's hard to think about much else this time of the year.

Weather depending, I'll be on the bay the 19th and 20th. I'm doing the 2nd weekend of April at Boudreaux's in Leeville. Can't wait.

BrunswickDawg
03-01-2016, 02:54 PM
Dude, itching doesn't describe it right now. I have to get back out there! Beautiful pic

My wife knows how to make me look good.

SpeckleDawg
03-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Weather depending, I'll be on the bay the 19th and 20th. I'm doing the 2nd weekend of April at Boudreaux's in Leeville. Can't wait.

Funny, me and my BIL just decided today to head to Boudreaux's in Leeville this weekend with the kayaks. I'll be fishing the Destin area on the 19th.

BeastMan
03-01-2016, 04:59 PM
Funny, me and my BIL just decided today to head to Boudreaux's in Leeville this weekend with the kayaks. I'll be fishing the Destin area on the 19th.

As many times as I've been to the emerald coast, I've never wet a line. I talked to a couple buddies yesterday about a weekend on GI where we'll take the yaks and commando launch on Hwy 1. I know you have experience there.

Duckdawg
03-02-2016, 09:42 AM

Went down two weeks ago, water was real low, didn't catch a fish. That will change soon though.

BeastMan
03-02-2016, 10:13 AM
Went down two weeks ago, water was real low, didn't catch a fish. That will change soon though.

Very cool. I read some reports about the water level. Leeville is my dad's favorite place to fish with all the inside options. Do you know if topwater still rents skiffs and kayaks like Bobby Lynn's did?

Duckdawg
03-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Very cool. I read some reports about the water level. Leeville is my dad's favorite place to fish with all the inside options. Do you know if topwater still rents skiffs and kayaks like Bobby Lynn's did?

Bubba and Julie Miller own it now and they have pared it back to just renting the camper spots and the cabins they have there. They are in the process of renovating the larger lodge above the office right now, gonna be really nice. We had been fishing up in the Golden Meadow/Galliano area the last few years but moved down to Leeville almost exclusively now. That place is just amazing.

SpeckleDawg
03-02-2016, 03:25 PM
We had been fishing up in the Golden Meadow/Galliano area the last few years but moved down to Leeville almost exclusively now. That place is just amazing.

Pretty much the same thing we have done. Used to always fish around Galliano, but have been slowly moving down.

Duckdawg
03-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Pretty much the same thing we have done. Used to always fish around Galliano, but have been slowly moving down.

I still love the Catfish Lake area but having the camper in Leeville with the boat in the water sure is nice. Im buying a bigger boat with a much bigger fuel capacity so Ill still fish both areas Im sure. My biggest issue with the Galliano/Point aux chene area, especially in the summer, is the damn seaweed, moss, whatever it is. Don't seem to have that problem around Leeville for some reason.