PDA

View Full Version : New Basketball Commit

Big4Dawg
02-29-2016, 11:34 AM
EJ Datcher, a PF from Vincent AL. Can't find much info about him.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-29-2016, 11:37 AM
http://georgiabasketballblog.com/uga-fails-to-make-the-cuts-and-new-names/

"This explains why he was not aggressively pursued prior, most schools are looking to see if he’s healthy, ready to go and has not lost any capabilities. As far as his injury is concerned, it was a season-ending knee injury (speculated to be his MCL), which coaches must always vet out before a Letter of Intent is signed.

Datcher was named to the 2015 Class 2A Boys Third Team by the Alabama Sports Writers Association. Interestingly, ESPN has Datcher listed as the third best player in the State of Alabama for the Class of 2016 with a score of a 73 and 3 stars to his name. ESPN also had him listed as the 43rd best Center in the Class of 2016.

Datcher played for the Alabama Challenge in AAU ball, which is associated with Nike EYBL. If Datcher remains loyal to Nike, Mississippi State will not be a consideration if major Nike programs offer. An interesting note to keep in mind, Datcher has an offer from UAB that goes back to Summer 2014."

Big4Dawg
02-29-2016, 11:37 AM
http://georgiabasketballblog.com/uga-fails-to-make-the-cuts-and-new-names/

Elton (E.J.) Datcher receiving interest from UGA, Alabama and Mississippi State

This 6’9″ 235 pound under-the-radar recruit from Vincent, Alabama (Vincent High School) has had some programs visit him lately including the names mentioned above. No offers have been reported, just visits so far. Datcher is a High School Senior and thus part of the 2016 Class.

"BAMAMIXTAPE ‎@BAMAMIXTAPE
@CRigendorf @SE_Elite_Hoops nothing recent. Missed most of his junior season and aau due to injury."

This explains why he was not aggressively pursued prior, most schools are looking to see if he’s healthy, ready to go and has not lost any capabilities. As far as his injury is concerned, it was a season-ending knee injury (speculated to be his MCL), which coaches must always vet out before a Letter of Intent is signed.

Datcher was named to the 2015 Class 2A Boys Third Team by the Alabama Sports Writers Association. Interestingly, ESPN has Datcher listed as the third best player in the State of Alabama for the Class of 2016 with a score of a 73 and 3 stars to his name. ESPN also had him listed as the 43rd best Center in the Class of 2016.

Datcher played for the Alabama Challenge in AAU ball, which is associated with Nike EYBL. If Datcher remains loyal to Nike, Mississippi State will not be a consideration if major Nike programs offer. An interesting note to keep in mind, Datcher has an offer from UAB that goes back to Summer 2014.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
02-29-2016, 11:44 AM
He's an insurance policy in case Ado has eligibility issues. He's about two years away from being SEC ready.

msstate7
02-29-2016, 12:05 PM
Another project pf to go with strugg. Is this bad news for strugg?

msstate7
02-29-2016, 12:05 PM
He's an insurance policy in case Ado has eligibility issues. He's about two years away from being SEC ready.

Finally found a new user name? Haha

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-29-2016, 12:12 PM
EJ Datcher, a PF from Vincent AL. Can't find much info about him.

He kind of reminds me of Ware.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-29-2016, 12:16 PM
We've been scouting him & on him for months. He's been over to campus 3 or 4 times since the summer. He didn't just come out the blue. He's the guy Brooks went to go see a couple weeks back when he missed our game. Everybody is looking for a Brandon Vincent type player well he has the rugged bruising style for it lets see if he can transition to that. We don't have to rush him we have other bigs & also some 3's who can play the 4 (Stapleton & Kegler) so we won't play until he's ready.

Big4Dawg
02-29-2016, 12:37 PM
What kinda player is Strugg?

djaymsu5
02-29-2016, 01:31 PM

Is Ado having issues getting eligible?

pdawg10msu
02-29-2016, 02:00 PM
That's the city right beside me and where we play adult basketball! I've heard this kid is great but that's by all the locals.

drummerdawg
02-29-2016, 02:27 PM
I thought we were after someone who could contribute immediately, like a transfer?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-29-2016, 02:37 PM
I thought we were after someone who could contribute immediately, like a transfer?

We still can.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-29-2016, 03:21 PM

How can a transfer contribute immediately?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-29-2016, 03:36 PM
How can a transfer contribute immediately?

Grad Transfer

JOHNHEVESYMADE
02-29-2016, 04:30 PM
Struggs is done he will not be a dawg next year.

YazooDawg23
02-29-2016, 05:14 PM
After watching his Senior film I am glad we took him. He didn't play AAU this past summer and is under the radar. It might take him some time but the skill set is there.

msstate7
02-29-2016, 05:22 PM
Struggs is done he will not be a dawg next year.

Why not?

Dawg61
02-29-2016, 05:37 PM
After watching his Senior film I am glad we took him. He didn't play AAU this past summer and is under the radar. It might take him some time but the skill set is there.

Good size. Not sure about anything else

YazooDawg23
02-29-2016, 05:41 PM
Good size. Not sure about anything else

Watch the video on the front page of GenesPage. Size, athleticism, range out to 18 ft. Now the competition he is playing against is terrible but there is something to work with.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-29-2016, 06:22 PM
http://app.krossover.com/intelligence/reel/15206

Some SR highlights of Datcher.

C222
02-29-2016, 07:21 PM
Is Ado having issues getting eligible?

Ado will be fine.

djaymsu5
02-29-2016, 10:21 PM
Ado will be fine.

Good!

TStationDawg
03-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Good Lord that competition level is awful! Glad to have him on board though. He does have tools

Ifyouonlyknew
03-01-2016, 01:53 PM
Good Lord that competition level is awful! Glad to have him on board though. He does have tools

You should've seen Al Jefferson when he was at Prentiss.

Jack Lambert
03-01-2016, 01:54 PM
I got a feeling that if we beat Ole Miss tomorrow night some Ole Miss booster is going to hand out some cash to the guy. Think about it, we started pulling away from Ole Miss in football and then the money started pouring out from their boosters. Wait and see what happens in Basketball. Really they think they can get away with it in football why not basketball.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-01-2016, 01:55 PM
I got a feeling that if we beat Ole Miss tomorrow night some Ole Miss booster is going to hand out some cash to the guy. Think about it, we started pulling away from Ole Miss in football and then the money started pouring out from their boosters. Wait and see what happens in Basketball. Really they think they can get away with it in football why not basketball.

Not gonna happen

Big4Dawg
03-01-2016, 02:11 PM
It's funny how bad OM basketball recruiting is. The lose Moody, Newby, Gielo, and Perez, who all start, and are bringing in the 59th best class with 5 3*s, w/ two being JUCO. It's as shame they are wasting a nice arena on this program. I've never seen another SEC basketball coach rely on JUCO as much as Kennedy has.

Johnson85
03-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Really they think they can get away with it in football why not basketball.

Doesn't matter what they can get away with; they just don't have the boosters that care. Or at least haven't historically.

maroonmania
03-01-2016, 03:04 PM
Doesn't matter what they can get away with; they just don't have the boosters that care. Or at least haven't historically.

Yes, apparently the UNM boosters are really only all in on women's basketball and track.*****

smootness
03-01-2016, 04:30 PM
It's funny how bad OM basketball recruiting is. The lose Moody, Newby, Gielo, and Perez, who all start, and are bringing in the 59th best class with 5 3*s, w/ two being JUCO. It's as shame they are wasting a nice arena on this program. I've never seen another SEC basketball coach rely on JUCO as much as Kennedy has.

They're getting left behind in recruiting by just about everybody, but at the same time, Kennedy has proven very adept, especially recently, at finding overlooked guys that come in and play really well for them. Moody was nothing as a recruit, same with Henderson. Coleby and Saiz were ok recruits, nothing special. He's done a pretty good job of identifying talent, but they won't have a very high ceiling unless recruiting really picks up, and it probably won't under Kennedy.

Big4Dawg
03-01-2016, 04:39 PM
He takes chances on players. Moody was kicked off FAU for drugs/grades and Henderson has a long history as well.