Do we prefer one over the other?

Big4Dawg
02-28-2016, 11:31 AM
Kentucky's DL coach- I think his name is Brumbaugh

College and NFL asst Brian Baker
Kentuckys coach was at emcc a couple years ago

Jarius
02-28-2016, 11:42 AM
Is that the guy that was screaming at his defensive linemen on the sideline in '14 saying "that's the worst offensive
Line I've ever seen!" ? I rember that guy catching some heat from our fans after we torched them.

Coach34
02-28-2016, 11:45 AM
yep- thats him

defiantdog
02-28-2016, 12:00 PM
Kentucky's DL coach- I think his name is Brumbaugh

College and NFL asst Brian Baker

Baker hasn't coached on the collegiate level in 20 years. Hopefully, some new names pop up soon.

confucius say
02-28-2016, 12:11 PM
Would we rather have a technical guy here big time recruiter? I'm thinking the former given all the other recruiting hires

dawgday166
02-28-2016, 12:15 PM
Is that the guy that was screaming at his defensive linemen on the sideline in '14 saying "that's the worst offensive
Line I've ever seen!" ? I rember that guy catching some heat from our fans after we torched them.

What I read about him looks pretty decent. He's trying to motivate his DL during a game ... can't hold that against him.

Baker been in the NFL most of his career. Probably would be looking to get back there soon.

djaymsu5
02-28-2016, 12:25 PM
https://youtu.be/S-r--IxypiQ
https://youtu.be/2t-2wNnxpPg

Here is Brumbaugh's background as a coach. Seems like he's worked with some big named guys.

dawgday166
02-28-2016, 12:29 PM
Had a 1st and 4th round pick in last year's draft. Has had 3 all-SEC players in 3 years I believe. Not sure how well he recruits.

Dawgtini
02-28-2016, 12:52 PM
Had a 1st and 4th round pick in last year's draft. Has had 3 all-SEC players in 3 years I believe. Not sure how well he recruits.
He beat out us with Turner for one of those players, if not both.

Really Clark?
02-28-2016, 01:00 PM
He beat out us with Turner for one of those players, if not both.

That's partly how he ended up with the Kentucky job. They hired him to get the player. We were leading for him until that point. His line was good last year (his first there) but he 2 NFL players including a first rounder. That line wasn't very good this year. Although they did have some injuries as well. Elam, the highly rated DL from a few years ago, looks like crap and hasn't played that much considering how highly rated he was. He looked liked the Stay Puff giant marshmallow against us in the all white. Bad conditioning and didn't look well coached, some bad form and angles. Didn't Desper blow him up once??? Can't remember. But that may not have been the coach obviously if just looking at one player.

deltadawg99
02-28-2016, 01:30 PM
Is Lupoi not being mentioned?

Coach34
02-28-2016, 01:34 PM
Is Lupoi not being mentioned?

Bama pays him 450K- we ain't gonna do that in my estimation

Big4Dawg
02-28-2016, 01:41 PM
Also looks like there is some interest from Deke Adams (ECU) and Buddy Wyatt (SMU)

Dawgtini
02-28-2016, 11:03 PM
Also looks like there is some interest from Deke Adams (ECU) and Buddy Wyatt (SMU)
Adams would be a good get. Wasn't he at SCar with Spurrier and didn't get retained by Muschamp?

jumbo
02-29-2016, 02:48 PM
Rosebowl says Baker is the leading candidate

Really Clark?
02-29-2016, 03:03 PM
Rosebowl says Baker is the leading candidate

Baker has spent a lot of his NFL career under 3-4 schemes and under Jim Haslett and also under Rob Ryan at Dallas

jumbo
02-29-2016, 03:08 PM
I've got no issues running a 3-4. I just hope that if that's the plan we slowly transition to it.

blacklistedbully
02-29-2016, 03:10 PM
The Washington Redskins made it official yesterday and hired former San Diego Chargers LB Coach Joe Barry to be their new Defensive Coordinator. Barry replaces Jim Haslett who was with the Redskins for the past 5 seasons. One of the big changes to Haslett's defensive staff last year, was the firing of long-time Mike Shanahan assistant Bob Slowik, who served as the LB coach. Haslett brought back Kirk Olivadotti to coach the inside linebackers, and hired Brian Baker to coach the outside linebackers. Baker was Haslett's defensive line coach when Haslett was the St. Louis Rams Defensive Coordinator from 2006-2008.

Baker put a heavy emphasis on teaching technique, angles, hand fighting, and forcing turnovers during training camp and throughout the year. Ryan Kerrigan consistently praised Baker's influence before, during and after the season. Kerrigan finished the best year of his career with 13.5 sacks(7th in NFL) and 5 forced fumbles(T-1st in NFL). On the other side of the ball, Brian Orakpo had a down year with several injuries, finishing with only .5 sacks and on IR. Orakpo was reportedly not as receptive to Baker's instructions. Rookie Trent Murphy replaced Orakpo and started 8 games, finishing with 2.5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles.

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/13597/ryan-kerrigan-improves-as-a-rusher-eyes-more

I'd be pretty damned excited to get this guy.