PDA

View Full Version : Word is that Collins can't follow team rules

Coach34
02-26-2016, 11:45 PM
That's why he sat again today and is said to be down to his last strike.

BeardoMSU
02-26-2016, 11:48 PM
Is is this a sign of a coach losing his players, certain players thinking they are better than they really are, or something else? Serious question.

Bucky Dog
02-26-2016, 11:50 PM
I guess it has been mentioned before but Cohen pulled his and Hudson's scholly's as well. Figuring they were done after this year. I think Gavin hasn't been quite putting the necessary work in with all of the younger competition. This is NOT a coach losing his players.

Todd4State
02-27-2016, 12:04 AM
This is mainly because of the NCAA's sexist discrimination towards baseball players.

I know he was suspended the first game. I think he is supposed to catch one of the games on Saturday- something to watch anyway.

If this is true, Collins needs to straighten up because he's not helping his draft stock by not following team rules. MLB teams will not put up with it unless you are an elite freak show athlete like Yasiel Puig or Albert Belle.

preachermatt83
02-27-2016, 09:40 AM
This is a case of Cohen going back to the intense ******* that we have missed since 2012. I am glad he's back.

Bucky Dog
02-27-2016, 09:51 AM
I have zero problem with him having the same expectations for all and making each player earn their spot each year. We just need Cohen to stop his in game idiocy with all of the lineup changing and bunting. Be aggressive!

Dawg61
02-27-2016, 02:13 PM
This is a case of Cohen going back to the intense ******* that we have missed since 2012. I am glad he's back.

Cohen sucks

RougeDawg
02-27-2016, 07:58 PM
I have zero problem with him having the same expectations for all and making each player earn their spot each year. We just need Cohen to stop his in game idiocy with all of the lineup changing and bunting. Be aggressive!

How long has the "hitting guru" been here? Has he changed one bit? Does anyone honestly expect any changes? We've got a better chance of Mullen getting rid of Heb than Johnny changing anything.

Brando
02-27-2016, 08:03 PM
This right here shows a coach can ruin a good team. To me, we have a damn potent lineup and strong SP/BP. Damn Cohen, just leave them alone you asshat!!! Let them play the damn game and have fun! Yes, we will probably loose some games we should probably win, but we will also win alot of games too...

godlluB
02-27-2016, 09:04 PM
Well, he started at second base in game one today and third base in game two today.

ZedFedder
02-27-2016, 09:11 PM
Think this is a myth after today.

MaroonFlounder
02-27-2016, 09:27 PM
Well, he started at second base in game one today and third base in game two today.

Anything good?

Homedawg
02-27-2016, 09:30 PM

It's not a myth. He was suspended last night. For the second game of the year.

weblow
02-27-2016, 10:04 PM

Not a myth at all. He was suspended last night and Cohen pulled him from game 1 today after his at bat. He told him on the way to the dugout from 1st and Collins had a few choice words to say back to Cohen. If you were sitting close enough to the home plate side of our dugout you heard it. Needless to say, they are not on the same page.

Not a big Collins fan. I know I am in the minority but I honestly don't think he should play infield and don't care for him at the plate.

Political Hack
02-27-2016, 10:47 PM
Tried to tell y'all last weekend that some guys may miss some games. It's part of the season. It'll play itself out. Heard tonight they all went out, are hanging out together, the locker room is in really good spirits now they're winning, and pretty much everyone is happy right now. That sounds very, very promising to me.

Taog Redloh
02-27-2016, 10:49 PM
Not a myth at all. He was suspended last night and Cohen pulled him from game 1 today after his at bat. He told him on the way to the dugout from 1st and Collins had a few choice words to say back to Cohen. If you were sitting close enough to the home plate side of our dugout you heard it. Needless to say, they are not on the same page.

Not a big Collins fan. I know I am in the minority but I honestly don't think he should play infield and don't care for him at the plate.
I am with you. I don't want to see either he or Humphreys in the lineup anymore.

Tbonewannabe
02-27-2016, 11:21 PM
I am with you. I don't want to see either he or Humphreys in the lineup anymore.

Reid has a shot as a pitcher and no shot getting drafted for hitting.

Todd4State
02-27-2016, 11:46 PM
Reid has a shot as a pitcher and no shot getting drafted for hitting.

True but we can still use him as a hitter on our team. He may not hit for a high average, but he is still a home run threat.

Todd4State
02-27-2016, 11:49 PM
Tried to tell y'all last weekend that some guys may miss some games. It's part of the season. It'll play itself out. Heard tonight they all went out, are hanging out together, the locker room is in really good spirits now they're winning, and pretty much everyone is happy right now. That sounds very, very promising to me.

Amazing how that happens,

the59dawg
02-28-2016, 12:29 AM
That's why he sat again today and is said to be down to his last strike.

Hmmm. Collins played both games today. 1-3 in first and 0-3 in sedcond

I seen it dawg
02-28-2016, 12:42 AM
True but we can still use him as a hitter on our team. He may not hit for a high average, but he is still a home run threat.

He's really not Todd. He's textbook get ahead and pound with breaking stuff. And he's really easy to get ahead of. He hits a lot of batting practice home runs though. If he can't catch on pitching there are a lot of travel softball teams that can use him.

Todd4State
02-28-2016, 01:05 AM
He's really not Todd. He's textbook get ahead and pound with breaking stuff. And he's really easy to get ahead of. He hits a lot of batting practice home runs though. If he can't catch on pitching there are a lot of travel softball teams that can use him.

And he was still second on our team in home runs last year. We need as much power on our team as we can get- even if it's "mistake power". And if we lose Collins and Humphreys we're going to be the same type of hitting team we were last year. On top of that, college pitchers make enough mistakes I'm willing to make concessions since Will Clark isn't walking through that door. Especially if we can put him in a part of the lineup where they have to throw him a lot of fastballs.

Todd4State
02-28-2016, 01:11 AM
Hmmm. Collins played both games today. 1-3 in first and 0-3 in sedcond

He did say that he was down to his last strike- not off the team. He's still one of our better hitters when his head isn't up his ass.

Taog Redloh
02-28-2016, 10:29 AM
And he was still second on our team in home runs last year. We need as much power on our team as we can get- even if it's "mistake power". And if we lose Collins and Humphreys we're going to be the same type of hitting team we were last year. On top of that, college pitchers make enough mistakes I'm willing to make concessions since Will Clark isn't walking through that door. Especially if we can put him in a part of the lineup where they have to throw him a lot of fastballs.
That's why we have Kruger, Rooker and Lowe. Gridley has shown he can go yard too. Stovall and Marrero both have power too.

I agree we need to get some power soon. I just don't think Humphreys and Collins are the guys. Humphreys needs to exclusively pitch. Collins needs to get his act together because if not there are more than a few guys who can match his output. Stovall should be the 3B man either way.