PDA

View Full Version : So I see where Big Softee

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-26-2016, 09:48 AM
Didn't participate in the bench press at the combine. That's impressive. Top rated OL and you bypass one of the main drills at the combine. Pitiful.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-26-2016, 10:03 AM
Now he backs out of the 40. Why did he even go?

msstate7
02-26-2016, 10:06 AM
He's top 5 anyway... Why do something that could only potentially hurt him? I don't like him, but completely understand

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-26-2016, 10:28 AM
He's top 5 anyway... Why do something that could only potentially hurt him? I don't like him, but completely understand

He's top 1 most likely. I guess he went just to interview and talk to coaches.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-26-2016, 10:35 AM
I don't blame him. He's the odds on favorite to be the 1st pick in the draft he has no incentive to work out. Go get measured & interview & hop on the 1st plane out of there.

BeastMan
02-26-2016, 10:54 AM
I don't blame him. He's the odds on favorite to be the 1st pick in the draft he has no incentive to work out. Go get measured & interview & hop on the 1st plane out of there.

Yep. I was interested in the bench number on him though after listening to RG podcast yesterday. They said he'll do enough but won't wow you. It's stupid but I love watching SEC guys numbers on bench to see how many I do more than. I rarely do more than any of our guys but routinely more than plenty of NFL SEc guys. Makes me feel good about myself lol. Just don't make me run a 40.

msstate7
02-26-2016, 10:58 AM
Yep. I was interested in the bench number on him though after listening to RG podcast yesterday. They said he'll do enough but won't wow you. It's stupid but I love watching SEC guys numbers on bench to see how many I do more than. I rarely do more than any of our guys but routinely more than plenty of NFL SEc guys. Makes me feel good about myself lol. Just don't make me run a 40.

With your bench and smoot's hand size, we might put in an impressive combine**

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-26-2016, 11:00 AM
Yeah, it makes sense. But if I'm rated the best at something, my competitive side would want to justify and prove it.

They say he's now going to do the rest of the drills other than those two.

RC3
02-26-2016, 11:37 AM
heard a guy on OOb this morning blasting the titans for potentially trading out of the 1st pick and skipping on Tunsil. I personally see their logic. He has all the tools to be a probowler....he is def a rookie starter. I could see the guy getting the big payday and never living up to the hype too though.

rcsteph1
02-26-2016, 11:37 AM
He was getting criticized a little this AM for saying in interviews yesterday that he's a competitor and not afraid of competition, yet he's not "competing" in some drills.

MedDawg
02-26-2016, 12:44 PM

Tbonewannabe
02-26-2016, 12:48 PM
He hasn't competed in anything yet. Looks like he just went for interviews.

BeastMan
02-26-2016, 12:53 PM
With your bench and smoot's hand size, we might put in an impressive combine**

And if I could run as fast as OM fans do to this board I could probably play Canadian football. Arena ball at least.

defiantdog
02-26-2016, 12:56 PM
Watching some of these OL's do drills reminds me of a baby learning to walk

RougeDawg
02-26-2016, 01:01 PM
heard a guy on OOb this morning blasting the titans for potentially trading out of the 1st pick and skipping on Tunsil. I personally see their logic. He has all the tools to be a probowler....he is def a rookie starter. I could see the guy getting the big payday and never living up to the hype too though.

You do recall him sitting out preseason practices because he was "too hot". Shit, he even took himself out of actual games. He will never pan out in the NFL. Kid has been babied his entire life and choosing OM over UGA only furthered this treatment. He was put on a pedestal at OM, whereas he would've at least had similar linemen to keep him level headed at UGA.

BeastMan
02-26-2016, 01:20 PM
You do recall him sitting out preseason practices because he was "too hot". Shit, he even took himself out of actual games. He will never pan out in the NFL. Kid has been babied his entire life and choosing OM over UGA only furthered this treatment. He was put on a pedestal at OM, whereas he would've at least had similar linemen to keep him level headed at UGA.

This is the big leagues. I think he's an extremely safe pick to be a really good NFL OL. Only think that could derail that is injuries.

RC3
02-26-2016, 01:50 PM

i do. thats why i ended my post by saying he may never live up to the hype :huh

Tbonewannabe
02-26-2016, 01:51 PM
This is the big leagues. I think he's an extremely safe pick to be a really good NFL OL. Only think that could derail that is injuries.

I think he probably has the lowest floor unless he pulls a JaMarcus Russell. The guy is good enough to at least be a starting RT as a rookie. He has probowl potential but to reach that takes a lot more than talent.

Maroonthirteen
02-26-2016, 03:43 PM
You're right. It is the big leagues. He will go through the most strenuous workouts in his life. He will face the toughest competition in his life. He has pussed out under much easier conditions.... He will puss out again and be a wasted draft pick.